January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-In: EDD 1/15-1/21 (w/o 8/20)

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY:  How did you find out you were pregnant and how did you tell your SO?

Re: Weekly Check-In: EDD 1/15-1/21 (w/o 8/20)

• Options
    EDD? : 1/15

Symptoms? Pretty similar to last week, hip pain, constipation, heartburn.

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan one week from today! I can’t wait to see the baby again!

R/R/Q: I’m finally starting to get a noticeable baby bump! I was plus-size to start with, so it’s taken a bit longer to get there. Still waiting to definitely feel the baby move, though. I think I felt a flutter last week but I haven’t felt anything since, so now I doubt that was it. 

GTKY:  How did you find out you were pregnant and how did you tell your SO?: We did IVF, so I didn’t get the chance to totally surprise my husband. But I’d started spotting earlier that day and we both thought my period was on the way. I tested thinking I was just proving to myself that the cycle was a bust, then saw that faint line! The test was actually expired (that’s how long it had been since I had any hope of a BFP), so we went on a midnight pharmacy run for fresh tests and I confirmed the next morning! I was too stunned to do anything cute, just went and showed him the test. We were cautiously happy but, because of the spotting, we didn’t really celebrate until we saw my great beta number later that day!
  • Options
    EDD? : 1/17

Symptoms? Stomach pain/fullness, lack of energy, mood is down

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan and OBGYN in mid-September

R/R/Q: Work is just really bad right now and I haven't felt as resilient as normal. I'm feeling down and don't want to get out of bed and go to work each morning. Another person just quit today- my boss has become really difficult and there's been a lot of turnover. Then I fill in the gaps. Wah wah.

GTKY:  How did you find out you were pregnant and how did you tell your SO?: We also did IVF and had been trying for three years. We already had one failed frozen transfer and did the second soon after the first. I knew if it didn't stick I'd need a real break, so I was just trying to remain neutral. I'd had a tiny bit of naseau about 6 days after and felt a bit dizzy 7 days after. I broke down and tested with an old test Wednesday morning before my Thursday beta test and got a positive. I just ran and woke up my husband and felt happy yet nervous. I'd never seen a positive test in three years of trying. I felt reassured once I started hearing the heartbeat within the next few weeks.