M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly randoms 8/20

• My kid was up off and on from 1 to 3 AM last night, and I get up at 5 for work. Sooo sleepy. I think he's cutting molars because he's just a bear right now. He was so damn cute in the car on the way to daycare, though. Bopping around and singing and making faces. I hope that he's in a better mood for them than he was for me yesterday. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Loading the player...
  • Had my 16 week check & got a talk from the midwife about weight gain... But I think they messed up my original weight, because the base weight that she said was about 10 pounds under what I thought I started at. I think I've gained like 12 pounds, but w/the disparity it would read as 22 pounds. Frustratinggg. Compared to first tri, I'm exercising more already & eating a lot better, so hoping that will rectify any issues anyway. But c'mon guys, get it together.
  • @kianarain the same thing happened to me! My CNM started lecturing me about how I’d already gained 20 pounds and I knew there was no way that was possible! I’m not sure where my starting weight came from but it’s definitwly not right 
  • @kaf1788 gah, frustrated for you but also glad I'm not the only one. On top of the annoyance of the mix up, I'm also feeling (more) self-conscious now because it was semi-mortifying to have the "well, you really should focus on eating healthier and exercising" spiel when I've felt pretty on track. Thanks doc!
  • I'm taking an online college algebra class that if I get a B or better, transfers to my BA program and I don't have to take either of their two math courses. I'm trying to figure out what score I need to get on each of the quizzes to counteract me not doing well on the final. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • I had gotten a jury duty summons for today, but when I checked last night my number didn’t get called. I’m so happy - this is a busy week for me at work ant with the A/S in a few days so I was really hoping not to get called in and potentially be put on a jury!
  • have buzzing electric shock sensation at the top of my stomach!!!
  • I get to listen to the soothing sounds of a tree chipper all day. DH has done a lot of yard work the last 6 months and we saved all the debris for our annual big trash pick up. Well, the city flagged us and said our pile was too big. Last year we had a pig pile of bushes we had ripped out and the city hauled it away on trash day with no problems. A lot if people in our neighborhood have big yard debris piles too so it will be interesting to see if they get hauled away today. Now we have to pay someone to dispose of everything. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anyone else watch Big Brother? I think this is one of my favorite seasons, and L6 is one of my favorite alliances ever.

I have a TON of paperwork to get caught up on. I slacked a bit on progress notes/reports while I was studying for my oral exam, so now I have to get caught up on that. Loads of fun :s
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @leighbrek my almost 2 year old has the most fsscinfasci imagination. I feel like I had to teach DD1 how to play then she went for it, but DD2 just has it. It is so fun watching her play and to see the things she comes up with. She also talks a lot which is also amazing to listen to. This is such a fun age, to me anyways.
  • I can't even watch the news anymore. Hearing about the brutal murders of Shanaan Watts and her precious little angels is just killing me.  :'(
  • @leighbrek that is too adorable! I love watching kids' imaginations develop. DS is just now starting to do imaginative play at 16 months old, and it's so cool to see. He mostly just likes to feed us imaginary food :) 

• @jgil85 Yes, I saw that this morning. Reading about that couple in general is heartbreaking, and then seeing how far the guy was willing to take it... Unbelievable.

@kns1988 Hahaha well, food is important! When he's a bit older and can watch Hook, he might really enjoy the imaginary feast scene!
  • @sweetyjenj I always watch BB :) I never understood the appeal of the Real Housewives and Kardashian shows, but man do I love some BB drama! Gotta disagree about L6 though -- other than Tyler and Brett (who has grown on me) it's the most boring set of people ever. Angela? Kaycee? Zzzzzzz. I really dislike JC -- I think he's creepy and obviously just really mean how he wants to manipulate people -- I feel like it goes past game play. 
    Also, Faysal is dumb ;)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @kianarain the same thing happened to me last time! And at my last appointment I got an eyebrow raise on my weight gain even though I’ve only gained 14lbs according to my scale. I’m wondering if the problem is that they use the starting weight I provided but then track my gain based on their scale which literally shows 5 lbs higher than my scale at home. I’m going to ask next time what she has as my starting weight. 

@sweetyjenj I love BB, but UGH I can’t stand L6. I can’t wait to see Angela’s smug mug go home at some point. She’s awful. I’m team Haleigh. I just wish she didn’t align herself with the dumbest player in BB history. 

@jgil85 im so sick over that story. A good friend from my may14 BMB knows her brother. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @julesf817 as I've sat with it a bit more, I decided that as long as I feel healthy & strong, eat well & stay active, I really don't care whether they raise an eyebrow at me over a stupid number. They also weighed me after a huge Mexican food lunch last time, and I've always been previously weighed at 7 or 8 in the morning for my other check ins. So many variables, it's just not worth stressing over. (Caveat being if they see health problems developing, of course. But - as long as I'm eating well & exercising - I don't see that becoming a problem.)
  • Sitting at work feeling like utter garbage. Took my BP and sure enough it's up to 138/83. I know that's not super high but I'm normally around 110/70 so it's high for me. Sent a message to my OB. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • kianarain julesf817  try not to worry too much about the weight thing. If you are eating well and exercising that is all you can do. I was freaking out about mine but it turns out since I had lost 10 pounds in first tri and gained 12 back in second that my dr is calling it a 2 pound gain in pregnancy. I like the way she counts.

She did tell me on Friday that I'm disqualified from the birthing center at her hospital because I'm considered high risk based on my weight. *Rolls eyes* I'm a size 12 pants and a 38 FF bust pre-pregnancy so I'm obese on the BMI. Seems stupid I'm high risk.
  • @kianarain I get belligerent about the focus on the NUMBER. Happy to discuss my blood pressure or sugar or anything that’s based off of my circumstances but to just say that some NUMBER means I have a problem (barring that number being obscenely high), I think is crazy. I gained 50-55lbs last pregnancy and worked out strenuously 2-3 days a week on top of just never slowing down period. I feel like the focus on the number is just inappropriate and a shortcut to actually assessing your personal physical health. Last time I went in they said, “it looks like you’re up four pounds but you lost 2 pounds at the previous appointment so looks like you’re actually up 2 pounds” and I was like… Whatever. Zero f*cks. 
  • I *still* have not even told my family I'm pregnant. I have one oversized zip-up cardigan that completely hides the belly so I've been wearing that the few times I've seen family lately. I'm trying to think of how I'm going to get out of the next 2-3 family functions in September. Basically just planning on showing up with my belly at thanksgiving (Octobere, here) which will put me at 27 weeks. I'd honestly love to not tell them until Christmas but that's going to be fairly impossible.

Anyone else with me?

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Lol @tosh24 definitely not, I had my mom come to my A/S. I know you've had a lot of heart ache on your journey. Is that the reason you don't want to tell them? Are they not supportive? Genuinely asking because I care <3
  • @tosh24 wow, that'll be a big surprise! Is there a reason you don't want to tell them? 

• sweetyjenjsweetyjenj member
    edited August 2018

@julesf817 I usually weigh myself about once a week, and always in the morning after using the bathroom but before eating. Most of my appointments are in the middle of the day, fully clothed, so they're always also about 5lbs heavier. So annoying.

@wkuandrea & Julesf817, BB is totally my only reality TV guilty pleasure. I can't stand other reality shows and don't see the appeal. But BB?? Love every season and always get into the live feeds. Do you follow JokersUpdates? I know there's Hayleigh fans out there, but I just can't get on their side. I agree Fessy is so dumb, but all their old members just BUGGGGGGED me so bad. Bayleigh, Rockstar, Swaggy, Scottie...blech. I like that L6 has been loyal, trusting, and communicate. They're generally fairly positive instead of sitting around complaing all day like many other alliances. Yes, they do their fair share of complaining, but it doesn't seem as bad as others and generally they seem more positive. Tyler is playing a really good game IMO and hope he makes it to F2. While I'm not an Angela fan, if Tyler takes Angela to F2 I think he'd win over her. Hayleigh's attitude drives me nuts. She's not as bad as Bay/Rockstar, but it's up there.

• @tosh24 I wanted to keep the whole thing under wraps until baby popped out, and then be like, " Surprise!" I don't have anything on social media, and I literally just told my coworkers last week because my belly is popping and I can't cover it anymore. I don't want the drama from my family; I just want to enjoy my pregnancy, enjoy my husband, and enjoy my baby in peace. 
    I feel you.
  • Really annoyed about my baby monitor. I specifically got one that would be compatible with 2 cameras. The model I have (Summer Infant Wide View, bought in 2016) is now discontinued. I emailed Summer Infant to see if I could somehow buy a second camera from them. They said no. 

I’m not ready for DS to not have a monitor in his room, especially after we move him out of the crib, so now I have the added expense of buying a new monitor when just buying one camera would have been a lot cheaper.  :/
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• I do understand not doing a SM announcement, I haven't announced anything.  We've told people one by one in person and i'm really enjoying that.  I have no idea if or when we will, we might not either. I guess I can understand wanting some privacy
  • @saltedcaramel518 Have you tried looking on EBay, Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji? Just throwing ideas out there.
  • On BB- I am team Haleigh as well although I think Tyler should really win cause he is running it. I really would love to see these two be the last ones but I know it won't happen. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @tosh24 we told family, but we are not making any sort of general announcement. We have been telling people one by one, like @galactickates. The people I actually like at work know, or people who need to know (aka my boss), the rest can figure it out eventually. 

Regarding weight, my ob practice never brought up my weight during my first pregnancy and has not yet brought it up this time. I appreciate that because I agree with @Potterphile that some doctors just use it as an easy (and inaccurate) measure of your general health, instead of actually LOOKING at you.
  • @ladystout08 How are you feeling? I hope your blood pressure went down as the day went on. 
  • @jackiemxoxo Hay/Ty F2 would be awesome, since they're both playing the game. Considering who is in Jury, though, Tyler would most definately lose to Hayleigh.

• @sweetyjenj, I dont know, if Haleigh and Tyler went to final 2 that would mean everyone else would be in jury. I think it'd be a pretty close game. I think Tyler might take it because JC and Sam seem loyal to him. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugh I just can’t stand Tyler. Maybe I’m shallow but I think it’s the hair. I can’t handle that hair. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tosh24, ugh, I'm sorry. That's a really good reason to limit interactions with your family. 

• @leighbrek thanks for the suggestion! I found one on FB for $20. Score!
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24