November 2018 Moms

Weekly BF 8/20

Re: Weekly BF 8/20

• @josie12367 lol... Sometimes men are the worst! MH's favorite is to act like he accomplished some great feat by switching over the laundry or vaccuuming the living room cause he works 10hrs days....spoiler alert, so do I. Also... RUDE! Do not come between a pregnant lady and her icecream and definitely dont make her feel bad about it :angry: andplusalso *gag* at pop-splosion.  Glad you had a good vacation at least :D 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @josie12367 oh honey! That is one rough morning. Like maybe just throw away her bed and get a new one  ;)

• Loading the player...
  • @rosebud1230 Those are hilarious!! He does the same thing with dirty dishes and our dishwasher. The dishwasher will be COMPLETELY empty, yet he piles up the dirty dishes in the sink instead of loading them. I think his step-mom waited on their family hand and foot and, while he doesn't expect me to do that, I think he just falls back into that role every so often. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @lurvleybunchococonuts @highsteaks @emjohn517 and @offtoneverland for the kind words. Yesterday only got worse because I had BH all afternoon from the stress and then was late for PT because I thought it was at 5:30 and it was at 5. Didn't sleep too well cause the BH kept going through the night. Today I am just going to try to wrap my head around things and make a plan of attack.

@highsteaks I process the payroll for a school district. The teachers are paid by columns and steps. Since they are still in negotiation, they were going to stay at the exact rate they were last year until they settle. Monday they decided that they want at least their step increase, so I have two weeks (biweekly payroll) to make all the changes and process. Usually I work on this the entire month of August (the calculations) and use these two weeks just to enter the changes which takes pretty much the whole two weeks. This year I have to cram it all in somehow. My coworker is my backup and will be covering my maternity leave, however she is on vacation this week so she can't help until she gets back next week and catches up on her own work that I can't cover for. 

I think I will be okay, just need to figure out a plan of attack and put my head in the sand and work. I am going to be working over my hours and I am going to ask my boss if I can comp those hours for Dr and PT appts that I have coming up so I can leave all my sick time for leave. Fingers crossed he will let me do that!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited August 2018
    @tessiesmom26 oh hun, that sounds so so rough, in and of itself, and quadruply so because your co-worker is ooo. i hope no one expects you to get everything done by deadline given the extenuating circumstances. and also hope your boss gives the thumbs up to letting the overtime roll over towards time off for medi appointments. 

eta- your kindergarten cop gif at the top always makes me giggle. easily arnold’s best work.
  • @tessiesmom26 I hope he lets you do that with your hours. It seems only fair! 

@josie12367 oh my, the ice cream comment would get me too. Sometimes men can be so clueless. Don't they know to never comment on a pregnant person's food?! And the poopsplosion. I am so sorry! What a mess! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• edited August 2018
    DH picked DD2 up from daycare early because she didn’t feel good. She’s now puking. I don’t want the stomach flu right now....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks ladies for the support! The poop princess's bed has been decontaminated, and is squeaky clean again...I blame nesting for me not throwing it all out the window and burning it! 

@runningyogimama Ooh no...I hope your DD keeps it to herself! Stomach bugs suck!!

@tessiesmom26 I'm so sorry you're having a rough go of things... hope the BH stopped at least 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• My hair is boring and I hate it but i can't cut it because i have unmanageable curly hair and I don't want to deal with that if I bloat up or after the baby or during pictures of me and the baby. I have too many pictures of me that I hate; i don't want more!

Also I tried to get a burrito today with a whole wheat tortilla but even though the sign says they have them, they would not give me one or admit the sign said "whole wheat tortilla". I sometimes hate that I can't eat normal food. Meanwhile, DH gets to enjoy his amazing pastor burrito...

So then I went grocery shopping and cried in the car and I don't feel better but it's a start.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @josie12367 Ugh! What a horrible start to the day. I'm glad you were able to get it all cleaned up. Hopefully your DD learned her lesson and never does that again. 
    @runningyogimama Crossing my fingers you don't get the flu. Oof. Open all the windows to let in some fresh air and hopefully that will help to air out the germs.  :s:mask:
    @the-lo Awww, you should post a pic of your hair so we can see it and give you some suggestions! It would be awesome if you could feel good about yourself during the last few weeks of pregnancy and after the birth. Sometimes a little trim is all it takes to get your hair looking refreshed. I'm sorry about the lack of whole wheat tortillas at the restaurant. That's awful that they advertised them and don't have them. Ugh! Hope you found some yummy food at the store to help you feel better.
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland
    Thanks. I know I sound whiny but it's just one of those days where I feel ugly and big and BLAH and everything is making me upset. I'm trying to be nicer to myself but pregnancy anxiety is real!

Here's my hair. I just got it trimmed yesterday :/ I'm used to having "fun" hair. Side shave, pixie cut, etc. Long hair for me tends to be boring because I don't do anything cute with it. Either up or down. No braids or twists or what have you. Any and all suggestions welcome!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited August 2018
    @the-lo. I love your hair. My hair has been stick straight all my life, very boring, and I can’t really do anything fun with it. After my last pregnancy my hair developed a slight wave...BUT ONLY IN THE VERY BACK OF MY HEAD. The sides and front are still very straight in texture. It’s so odd. I’ve always been jealous of people with luxurious curls or wavy hair. 
  • edited August 2018
    @the-lo i have no hair advise, but I think it's pretty as is right now :) but I understand when it's your own hair your kinda hate it. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough day, but your sad/pouty face def made me giggle :D. I hope it gets better!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @the-lo I think your hair looks great! However since you are used to having fun hair and mentioned a side shave...have you thought about braiding one side to make it look like it is shaved (pic below). I think it looks fun and pretty simple.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @the-lo Your pouty face made me giggle a little bit too. ;) I really like your hair! I totally get what you mean though. I wear mine the same way every day and sometimes get really bored by it. I think it would look really nice if you just pulled a little piece on one side back and pinned it in place with bobby pins. It's super easy to do and will add a little oomph when you're feeling down. I think your hair is really pretty as is, though. What a beautiful, dark color and those curls are so nice! :) 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @the-lo totally understand the want for fun hair. I have stick straight hair that does nothing. I cut bangs years ago and love them. They are the only thing interesting about my haircut. I think your hair is very pretty. I would kill for that volume! Could you add a fun color to it? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Ugh, my DH is killing me! He never had Perivian before. So I got him and I a meal to split including dessert. I love their dessert and I treat myself to one or two bites. DH takes a bite and says, it's okay and closed it. I know everyone has a right to like or not like things but this killed me because I would love to eat the whole thing and here he is able to eat the whole thing and only takes a bite!
  • @offtoneverland Ugh, I wish....She is a habitual poop player. She does it in her sleep unfortunately. She likes to sleep with a hand down her diaper. So i've been really good about keeping a onesie on her or something that snaps so she can't get to her diaper at all. With potty training though, I thought I better allow her access incase she starts waking up to go at night. We haven't had any issues in a month or more, so I thought we were good...NOPE. Oh well. Back to securing the booty at night! 

• @josie12367 omg... I am more than slightly horrified at the middle of the night habitual poop player comment. *gagging*  I'm sure a lots of kids do that but holy shit (pun intended) that is my FTM nightmare  :#:#:#  :D:D:D

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @runningyogimama - I hope nobody else in your house gets the stomach bug and DD feels better soon! 

@josie12367 - OMG. I am so so thankful we haven't dealt with something like that with DS... I pray this baby isn't a poop player either! You're super mom for cleaning it all up! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @mockingjay1 Lol...I hope none of yours do either! It sucks to find a crib or room finger painted  :s

@lurvleybunchococonuts You'll be a pro at all things poop soon enough! It's not fun, but it is one of those things I can look back on and laugh about. My first and I also had a lot of poop mishaps... we laugh about the stories now. She gets a kick out of my pained expressions while remembering what happened

• @lurvleybunchococonuts @wannaflickone @linz36 @offtoneverland @BabyBoyH92016

Thanks all! I suppose my head does have a natural gift lol. I'm glad my pout face could get some giggles too. I hate selfies! Yesterday I got dressed up and put some mascara on and earrings and that helped a lot. I think I've just been a little lazy about my appearance...I've been working from home and I don't get all prettied up for the office anymore. I'm going to try some different styles. I can do this!! I also really like the pin-back idea. 

You've all helped a lot!! Anxiety days are rough <3

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A few months ago we had to have my drivers side window fixed-- it just fell down inside the door panel and wouldn't come back up. This morning the same thing happened on my passenger side. Now we have to use my breast pump $ to fix it. And guess who's about to have to drive through a thunderstorm to preschool pickup? And of course I just detailed my car yesterday. I'm so done.
  • ugh @MouseMama817 - that is rough, I'm so sorry. I hope the storm held off and the inside of your car didn't get too wet. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @MouseMama817 oh no!!!!! :( do you have time to put a bag or something over the opening to attempt to protect it from the rain?? Grrr... Frustrating!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @MouseMama817 that’s so frustrating! I hope you were able to cover it in some way so your car didn’t get soaked! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @MouseMama817 ugh, i was hoping you would avoid any water damage to your car. that is so frustrating especially given that the other window failed on you too. i’m sorry.
    also— thank you for the kind words. that day i posted was definitely the worst of it, and all of you ladies made me feel so much better (thanks for the outlet to vent). things are looking on the up and up on all fronts. after alternating ice and heat for a couple days and taking it easy, the hip pain has mostly subsided, and (knock on wood) dd has stayed dry for the last day and a half. dh brought home cookies from our favorite bakery and gave me a much needed massage last night, so i forgave him for his manly absent-mindedness. 
  • @MouseMama817 I had to get my driver's side window replaced just a few weeks ago. It had actually been broken for like 2 years and I finally remembered to call the shop and make an appointment.  :# I'm sorry you have to replace the other window too. And I'm so sorry your car got soaked.  :'(:'(
    As a side question, does your insurance offer breast pumps? I thought all insurances were supposed to do that now, but maybe I'm misinformed. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland I believe most of not all insurance plans do provide a free breast pump, but DH’s company still doesn’t offer employee health insurance plans so we’re paying for my prenatal care out of pocket. We were fortunate enough to qualify for share of cost w/ Medicaid, which means our delivery/hospital stay will be covered. But no extra perks, sadly. Luckily the pump I want is less than $200! Supposedly (I’ll believe it when I see it) DH was able to convince his boss to pay him a stipend to cover the monthly costs of my prenatal care so if that comes through it will free up considerable funds. 
  • Fell hard on my bottom for the second time in two weeks this morning.  Should not have started down wet wooden steps in flip-flops-- I was clearly not thinking. Last time I fell, I went into to labor and delivery triage for monitoring and, because I was having mini-contractions (that I couldn't even feel), they kept me overnight. 

Everything seems normal so far this time, normal movement, can't feel any contractions, no fluid leaking or bleeding, so I am not going back in unless that changes. Last time, the hospital stay was more horrific and traumatic than the fall itself-- they wouldn't let me eat or drink and kept me on an uncomfortable stretcher for 8+ hours, on top of which I have a really big event that I'm in charge of at work tomorrow. 

I feel worried that I'm making a mistake-- everyone was super affirming that I 'did the right thing' last time. Also, I'm very much in pain from my sore tailbone-- hurts a lot worse than last time. I'm a generally clumsy person, so it's really not that surprising that I'm falling, especially now my center of gravity is shifting. How am I supposed to make it to the end of November!!! 
  • @amjschmidt Oh my gosh! Prayers that everything stays uneventful. Remind me why you fell last time? Was it wet pavement or something?
  • @amjschmidt oh no! i hope your tailbone starts feeling better. i don’t blame you for not wanting to go back to triage after such a bad experience last time. is there someone you can share the workload with tomorrow?
  • Update: I love having an active baby, but I've never been more thankful for these wiggles and kicks. Sitting on my newly received nursing pillow (yk, with the hole in the middle haha) and an ice pack now and feeling a-okay.  My sister also made me feel a lot better about the pain reminding me that because I can't take ibuprofen and because blood flow down there is intense during pregnancy, the swelling is likely worse than it would be a normal fall like this. 

@MouseMama817 Thanks! As I said, I'm feeling a lot better. Last time, I wasn't paying attention to my feet (but to a nearby baby lol) and tripped on some steps. 

@highsteaks I appreciate the understanding. My family has been very affirming of my decision this time as well, so that's nice. I think the folks I work with are understanding enough that I will be able to take it pretty easy tomorrow if I need to. There's a couple of big speaking pieces that I really want to be able to do myself (though the world would not end if I wasn't there haha), but I think otherwise people will pretty chill about the pregnant lady sitting on a pillow, not rushing around and heading home early. :)

• edited August 2018
    @amjschmidt Hope your tailbone feels better soon! When I fell last week ( @MouseMama817 that was me that slipped on wet pavement) my OB said as long as I wasn’t having contractions and baby was active (I also have a super active baby), and no bleeding, etc, I didn’t need to come in.

I went to the store tonight for oatmeal bath/lotion for this stupid PUPPS rash, toothpaste for my kids, and the other few random things we needed since we already did a Costco trip this week. I got home, and realize the cashier didn’t hand me the bag with the toothpaste and lotion, literally what I went for tonight (otherwise I would have gone tomorrow). I’m sitting here literally crying because I’m just too exhausted and miserable to go back. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @amjschmidt yikes! Glad you’re doing ok. Totally understand not wanting to go in if you don’t feel it’s necessary! 

@runningyogimama ugh!!! That’s so frustrating!

• @runningyogimama That is the worst, I am so sorry! Can you send someone out to get it for you?
  • We're supposed to leave tomorrow morning for Busch Gardens for our final pre-baby vacation, and of course I woke up this morning with a cold. :'(:'( I was feeling okay most of the day up until 3 hours ago. Now I can't stop sneezing and I feel horrible. I haven't even packed for our trip yet!
    I'm hoping I'll feel better after a good night's sleep. I really hope I'm not miserable the whole trip. Sneezing while pregnant is awful and I hope I don't pee my pants in public.  :s
    Sorry, I'm having a pity party for myself. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland hope you get lots of good sleep tonight and feel well enough in the morning to enjoy bg!