Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 8/16

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited August 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times.<code>Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the&nbsp;conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTO Thursday 8/16

• Options
    meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2018
    Month/Cycle: 4/3 (3rd cycle of trying off a 6 month bench). We have technically been trying to get pregnant since last May though before my benching started in Nov 17.  

CD: 2? AF came late last night, so I guess I could go with day 1 as well. 

WAYDTGKU: I will attempt temping this cycle. But sleep is a little erratic for me these days. Plus OPKs. I have never used OPKs for a cycle during my fertile window, so I’m curious to see if they will line up with temping. We are also using pre-seed. Reason in spoiler. I’m trying to think of anything else we are doing. I think it’s all pretty much the standard stuff around here. Along with taking a gallon of prenatals. I am taking ubiquinol as well to increase egg quality since I’m well into my 30’s now. 

TW
     DH had testicular cancer before I met him and only has half the factory. I know a lot of people are nay or yay on pre-seed and it’s actual usefulness. But we feel for us it’s worth using.
    *end TW*

R/R: I feel like AF showing up in general is always a downer. But at least I now know where I am in my cycle now.

CS/Q: Just curious to see what everyone else is doing in their cycles.

AF came around 10pm last night. Would you go cycle day 1 or 2 today? Not that it matters all that much, but I’m about to enter my first BBT into kindara (I tried FF many times in the past and it never gave me crosshairs when it should have). 

Eta:spelling

• Options
    chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited August 2018
    @meatballs37 I like the "fill a tampon" rule for CD1 which I've seen a few people say around here. I started AF at night last time and it came full force, so I counted it as CD1. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: B6, Vitex, Herbal tea, HIO a LOT, OPKs, CM, CP. 

R/R: Less rant and more stress. my dad is getting surgery on his cervical disc monday. my mother in law is getting surgery for her cancer in two weeks. job changes coming. AND I think I am O'ing way early. I really need another vacation after Sept is over.... 

CS/Q: 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meatballs37 We have tried pre-seed, and still use it from time to time. Just find it extremely messy, so don't break it out that often. For AF, I would probably call today CD1. Have you tried the VIP on FF? You can change the settings so that it will use different indicators to determine O day and give you CH's. You may be able to do this on the regular version too? One of the other ladies I am sure will know. 

Month/Cycle: 14/16 (4 benched)

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: hio, opks, pnv, ubiquinol, vitamins

R/R: It is Thursday, so close to the weekend. Can not wait to sleep in Saturday. Not sure what is going on with this week, but I have been struggling so bad to get up and going in the morning. The gym workouts have been feeling painful. DH also had a coughing fit at 4am this morning which kept me up. 

CS/Q: 
  • Options
    @chichiphin

Thank you! I’m going to go with cd 1 today then. And add herbal tea to my list of things to pick up today. 

I’m so sorry things are so stressful for you right now. Praying both the surgeries are successful. And that your job transition is smooth. 
  • Options

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: PNV, VitD, BBT/CM, OPKs, HIO EOD

R/R: Today is my Friday, excited for that!

CS/Q: Temperature low this morning, thinking it will rise by tomorrow, but we will see. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I would also probably call today CD1.  

@chichiphin Sorry for all of the stress, T&P for the surgeries.

@prpl11butterfly Glad you had a great (sea breezy) trip!  ;)

Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: All the things plus Clomid+IUI

R/R: Rave: Switched up our HIO times to AM now in the chance we need to end up going in for IUI the next day so the timing is at least 24 hours apart because I apparently treat all of this like a chess game.  Rant: I forgot to put on my watch this morning and it's driving me insane.

CS/Q: My OPKs got a lot darker yesterday than the day before, so I'm anxious to see what will happen today...
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I get Moon Cycle by Yogi. They have it at Target, Whole Foods, and most groceries. and thank you for the good vibes

@prpl11butterfly I love the count of the seabreeze scented items haha the pics are gorgeous!

@Sparty18 thank you. fx for the timing of the IUI!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    Month/Cycle:  4/3

CD:  15

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, Supplements

R/R:  We had an offer on our house but it was $17k under list (and we had only been listed a week), so I was annoyed by it.  No way man.  Don't give me that crap.  But now we have to likely have yet another open house this weekend and it's annoying.

CS/Q:  I had a darker OPK this morning (still not positive) and a flashing smiley on the digital.  So hopefully it will be in the next couple of days.

• Options
    @meatballs37 I'm sorry about AF :frowning:  Since it started so late I would go with today as CD 1.

@chichiphin I am sorry about all the stress in your life and hope things calm down soon.

@nitnat007 I have had trouble getting up this week as well.  

@prpl11butterfly Jealous!  I so want to be on the beach right now.

@jessg2223 I hope you get your temp rise!

• Options
    @meatballs37 My last two cycles have come late at night and I’ve counted the next day at CD 1. Seems to be accurate for me. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: PNV and bought Pre-seed for this cycle as well 

R/R: Ready to get this month started since were benched last cycle. 

CS/Q: none 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPKs, HIO EOD+, PCOS supplements + pnv

R/R: Today is officially my last week day off before going back to work tomorrow for the school year. Trying to get back into a routine but it’s much more comfortable to sleep in!!

CS/Q: My Ava temp was lower today (it uses your wrist surface temp so it’s usually several degrees lower than an oral temp) but my Glow app wouldn’t even register it as a real temp :lol: so I think I’m going to adjust my temps for FF and Glow by 1 degree Fahrenheit so that I can still log them all. Should still be able to see a shift, FX!
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I would probably go with how heavy it was last night. If it was just some spotting, then today is CD1, but if it was close to full flow, then today is CD2.
    @chichiphin Sounds like you have a lot going on right now :heart: Hugs to you!
    @nitnat007 I swear men just love to wake us up in the middle of the night... by accident, of course!
    @prpl11butterfly So much Sea Breeze! :lol: Glad to hear you had a great trip!
    @Sparty18 FX that O is soon for you!
    @sparklingdiamond FX that you will O a few days sooner this cycle! I’d be super annoyed with a lowball offer after just 1 week being on the market. Hope you have some luck with another open house!
  • Options
    @nanner26 looks like we will be cycle buddies this go around again. Also, I forgot how effing expensive pre-seed is! 

@dogmomma271 I have been so curious about the Ava tracker since waking up to temp is such a PITA. I think I saw someone started a thread with a review. If we are unsuccessful this cycle again, I think I may consider it. Enjoy your last day off before school! 

@sparklingdiamond um that would piss me off too. 17k below asking during a sellers market, nope! Crossing my fingers for a great open house. 

@Sparty18 FC for a dark OPK! 

• Options
    Month/Cycle:  2/2

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: OPK, HIO EoD, CM

R/R: Rant TMI -  Do not stay up past your bedtime and watch a gross graphic tv show and then try to have sex, we still did because of +OPK.  It wasn't the best, husband half-joked/half serious laid in the beginning and said ok you make the magic happen  :/ .   

CS/Q: I'm good.  
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I love your update on the seabreeze saga and it looks like you had a gorgeous day at the beach.
    @sparklingdiamond I know the frustration of trying to sell your home and getting low ball offers. A week is nothing especially in this sellers market. Fingers crossed for you that you get a better offer soon.

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CM, BBT, 

R/R: I finally supposed to be picking up my new car tonight, a whole week after I was supposed too originally. Their system was down for a few days and then they used that as an opportunity to try and jerk us around on price even though we had already come to an agreement on it. I will be happy when it’s finally done and I don’t have to deal with it anymore. 

CS/Q: Still in denial that I Oed on CD 7 even though Ovia is convinced that’s the day. Still no crosshairs on FF so I’m going with that. CD 7 doesn’t sound promising whatso ever.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: EOD sexy time during FW, *gummy* PNVs, green tea, CM

R/R: So I totally thought that I was sore because of working out on Monday. As it turned out I had developed a fever and blamed all the aches and pains on the darn dead lifts. I am feeling sooo much better this morning, but last night was a doozy. I was hot/cold/achy. I also spent more time that I would like to admit googling "TTC while having a fever - is it harmful to the egg/sperm?". Spoiler alert. There's not much information either way except a whole lot of scary stuff that may or may not be true. Damn you Dr. Google!

CS/Q: Nada

*edited CD because thinking is hard
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I totally agree with you that AF is a huge downer. 
    @chichiphin I'm sorry you have a lot of stressful stuff going on. I hope all the surgeries go great!
    @nitnat007 I've been having a hard time getting up in the morning also - must be late summer laziness kicking in!
    @prpl11butterfly Bahahahah I love that you counted the sea breeze items. The pics look great! I hope you had a fabulous vacation!
    @Sparty18 I feel you on the watch and TTC being a chess match. So stressful! 
    @sparklingdiamond ughhhh. I hate negotiating price for anything. I'd much rather have a set price that you have to pay. Hopefully you'll have more offers this weekend. Or maybe the -$17k people will realize they need your house and will come up in price a lot!
    @dogmomma271 Good luck on your "first" day of school!
    @jhems776 :# The things we do while TTC. 
  • Options
    @furnitureguru That stinks that it’s been a hassle to get your new car. What kind did you get? 

@meatballs37 yay cycle buddies! How long are your cycles normally? Mine have been averaging 26 days lately. And yes, pre-seed is so expensive! I’m regretting not buying it sooner though. 
  • Options
    @nanner26 mine seem to be running 26-31 days. This last one was 28. I’ve digging up my BBT charts and seeing what last year was like for me temp wise. My cycles this year are no where near as consistent. But I’m sure it’s mostly stress related. 
  • Options
    @nanner26 it’s a new GMC Terrain. If today doesn’t work out I’m going somewhere else.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 5

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPK, Prenatal vitamins, PreSeed.

R/R: I am glad the TWW is finally over and I can focus on a new cycle. Hoping this is it!

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly That is hilarious! Overkill on the sea breeze for sure. Glad you had a great time. Travel safe. 
    @Sparty18 I am the same way. I feel "naked" if I dont have my watch or my ring on during a normal day. 
    @sparklingdiamond That is super frustrating. Don't like it when people try and low ball on an offer. Be reasonable people! It has that price tag for a reason. Hope you get the price that you want for it in the end and don't have to wait too long for it. 
    @dogmomma271 I can't believe that it is that "time" already. I am so not ready for summer to be over yet. Enjoy your last days off!
    @jhems776 Haha definitely been there with MH too. He has told me that he will just lay there and I can do the work. Hmm....thanks bud, but it takes two of us. 
    @furnitureguru Good luck with the new car. You will have to let us know if you love it!
    @lillywonderland Oh no! Glad to hear that you are feeling better now though. Eeek! Dr Google is not always helpful. 
  • Options
    @chichiphin I hope both surgeries go well! And to answer your question from yesterday, I teach fifth grade. :) Are you a teacher, too?
    @prpl11butterfly I'm glad you had a nice time away at the beach!
    @lillywonderland I am with you on Dr. Google.  I have fallen down that rabbit hole more than I would like to admit.
    @jhems776 now I am wondering what show you were watching. DH and I used to binge watch the Investigation Discovery Channel, but some of the true crime stories were giving me nightmares.
    @dogmomma271 I hear you on going back to school.  Part of me wants to get back to the routine, but I am not looking forward to spending my evenings and weekends grading tests and quizzes.  What do you teach?

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Fertility Friend, OPKs, red raspberry leaf tea (thank goodness I like it!) EOD sex, prenatals

R/R: Nothing today, really.  Trying to read one last book before summer ends, but I am having trouble getting into this one. 

CS/Q: Nope. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I like to give new books about 50 pages or so. If I'm not into it by then, I'll give it up. I don't want to waste my time reading something that is super boring. 
    @furnitureguru I hope the car works out for you today!
    @rikiteacup I love your positive attitude! TTC can be so draining. 

• Options
    drewsdarlindrewsdarlin member
    edited August 2018
    deleted comment. realized wrong thread. 

• Options
    @emeraldduchess It was The Frankenstein Chronicles, we are on season two.  Like most Netflix shows the first two episodes are eh and confusing and then it gets good.