December 2018 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in • 8/7

Boop! I knew we forgot something this week :grimace:

How far along are you?

Any appointment updates?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: What personal rules do you never break?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: FTM Check-in • 8/7

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    How far along are you?
    22 weeks and some change. 

Any appointment updates?  
    Nada. Two next week. MFM and regular OB. 
    I think I get issued The Drink at the OB appt. 

Soooo bored on this drive to WNY.  My car won't let us hook up the tablet to listen to podcasts waaahhhh. 
    I don't always do my full skin routine before bed but I ALWAYS wash my makeup off.  Always always. 

I absolutely refuse to put my seat back on an airplane if a full-sized adult is sitting behind me.  Don't care how long the flight is.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?
    22+1

Any appointment updates?  
    Not really, just waiting for my next regular appt. My glucola is already in the fridge.

Dear Diary, DH bought me strawberries last weekend and nearly half of them are molded or directly touched mold. I ate the good half (after some serious rinsing), but am genuinely sad to toss the rest. I'm sorry strawberries, I didn't mean to fail you.

Single-Echo's big rule was "NEVER sleep with a father" but Gonna-Be-A-Mom-Echo must discard this rule. I suppose that "Taste first, salt later" is moving up! It totally bugs me when folks salt food without tasting it first - especially a homemade meal in someone else's home because it's disrespectful to the cook.

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    21 weeks today!

Any appointment updates?  
    Had my follow up ultrasound on Monday - all is good, and baby cooperated enough to get the pictures we need. I saw my nutritionist today and talked about healthier snacks that I can purchase instead of reaching for the bad snacks that appear at work and things. I don't always want to prep every single meal and snack, so having some good options in my desk drawer will be useful. Then, I see my midwife next week and will get my thyroid checked again.

Rant: I'm trying to ignore it since my colleague means nothing by it, but she comments 2-3 times a week on how big or small the bump looks on that particular day. Every time, I respond with, "yeah, it depends on what I'm wearing." Ugh.

Hmmm. I don't really think about personal rules so much. There are things that I do every day, like brush my teeth, etc... but I don't have rules that govern my life other than "Try to be kind to everyone. Be a good person." Etc... I guess I read every night before bed, even if I've stayed up too late already - it's part of my getting ready for bed routine. But, that might change with an infant!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    23+5

Any appointment updates?  
    None for two weeks - woop!

Why does the baby stop kicking every time I decide to look at my belly, or ask DH put his hand on it? :( I feel like she has stage fright.. DH was able to feel her once or twice so far, but I want him to experience some of the big kicks! It's pretty cool how strong she is already.

That's a tough one. I feel I don't really have "rules" per say. Maybe more of a philosophy of "don't assume". 

• Options
    How far along are you?
    22 weeks today! 
    Any appointment updates?  
    Nah, fetal echo on Tuesday 
    Dear diary, how the eff am I going to write a book chapter by April? (See randoms for slightly more details) 
    you always have time for manners. I'm not a person who is overly nice all the time, but I do think it's important to be polite, which usually fails me when im in a hurry 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    20+4

Any appointment updates?  
    We are debating whether or not to go back to MFM.  (See rant below).  We have a follow up AS with them scheduled for 8/20, which will cost $1800, but I already scheduled a back up AS with a private US clinic for $185 on Wed just in case. I am hesitant to go back to MFM because of cost and previous negative experiences.  However, given family history of heart defects (my cousin had a hole in his heart at birth), we want to be very thorough and absolutely certain what's going on with her heart structures.  So the saga continues. 

Our last appointment and AS at MFM were incredibly unpleasant. US tech seemed incompetent, unfriendly, and was very rough.  She prodded me much harder than other techs ever have, and SHOOK my bump significantly to get baby to cooperate and get in a better position (which didn't even work).  Then she let us go after all that without even getting decent pictures.  The doc who saw us afterward to discuss the findings seemed very uncertain about everything, and while he tried to reassure us that all is probably ok with her heart, his uncertainty was off-putting.  After that, I started having cramping which has fortunately calmed down a bit. 

Another rant, SO has been making comments that make me want to cry lately.  Hormones or just him being insensitive? Either way, WAHHHH! 

I don't think I really have rules.  I do believe that you should never intentionally do something that would hurt someone else.  Be kind to others, live a good life. 
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared In our house we call that Rule Number One - Don’t Be A Dick :lol:

Anniversary
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I would definitely be looking at other places to go to! I don't know how you kept yourself from yelling at the US tech! I would have snapped at anyone who decided to shake my bump. I'm glad the cramps have gone down! 

How far along are you?
    23 weeks today

Any appointment updates?  
    Had a follow up US last Wednesday to look at everything they didn't get to see before. Everything still was looking good. :) 

I found out that the baby is breeched at my last US (which would explain why it feels like she is pretty much dancing on my bladder any time she is active). The tech said it's not uncommon, but I can't help but worry a little bit that she won't flip over

i can't think of anything right now, but I still edit my comment when I do.
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @whitneyb89 This child flips almost every week on me.  They have soooo much time to move still, wouldnt worry about it even a little bit. 

@scaredunprepared I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with the MFM office.  I hope things get sorted out and you find a place you're comfortable with that doesn't cost a fortune. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?
    22+2

Any appointment updates?  
    follow up AS last week everything was perfect and i got my profile!! god i can just stare at that little face for hours

i feel like a whale already!!! trying to continue exercising as much as i can or at least walk alot and i just feel heavy and out of breath

Always be polite you never know when someones having a bad day
  • Options
    @whitneyb89
    As @hkom said, they flip all the time! Don't worry about it. They say there is less room to flip in the last month or so, but I have heard stories of them flipping last minute, too (that's why they will check before a scheduled c-section if the baby is still breech and send you home if it flipped).

• Options
    How far along are you?
    24 +2!

Any appointment updates?  
    Still a couple more weeks til my next OB appt and Glucose screening test.

Lots of people have mentioned getting the Glucola drink for their GD screening test at their previous appt. My OB/NP didn't say anything about it at my last appt - we talked about the test in general and how I should not fast, but should avoid OJ and other super-sugary things that morning - but no one gave me the drink. Anyone else not get the drink ahead of time? I'm assuming they will have it ready for me when I go in, but maybe not? Maybe I should call them to see if I need to pick up the drink.

If someone is giving me a ride/taking me somewhere, I always buy them gas and/or cover parking if needed. I feel like a freeloader if I don't - it's just a thing!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver I bet they do have it there for you to chug! I didn’t think that my OB would give me a bottle, but it makes sense that if they need to just draw blood one hour after drinking that I can start that hour at home, then driving to the appt. No real need to watch me drink it, but maybe it’s their policy. *shrugs shoulders*

Anniversary
  • Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver
    my OB office gives me a blood work slip to get it done on my own time.  They told me to get it done between 27 and 28 weeks.  They don't do any of their own blood work, so I will go to LapCorp on my own time.
  • Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver My office gave me the drink when I got there. They were super precise about the timing so I'm guessing that's why they didn't send it home with me. The lady literally set a timer for 10 minutes when she handed it to me and said this is how long you have to drink it and once I handed it back she set the timer for 60 minutes and called me back as soon as it started dinging.