February 2019 Moms

PGAL Check-In Aug 8-14

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: Did you keep your New Year’s resolution?

Re: PGAL Check-In Aug 8-14

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 14w1d - the size of a mille feuille

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Physically pretty good, but I’m starting to get really tired again. Mentally, I’m still having lots of ups and downs. Even though I’ve started to feel flutters (it’s super early), it’s not consistent and the days where I don’t feel anything make me super anxious. 

Nothing and I don’t have another appointment until the 20th. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: the bump is really starting to show and I love it!

Sort of. It was to paint the rest of the trim in my house, and so far I’ve done the main floor. I think we will hire a company to finish the rest of the trim/walls, since I’m in no condition to do all that work anymore. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 12 weeks, plum.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? My nausea is back, and although I haven’t puked since week 10 it’s ever present and I hate it. Mentally I’m nervous about my NT US today. I have no reason to suspect anything being wrong, but PGAL brain isn’t rational.

NT US and blood draw this afternoon!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? My bus didn’t show today and I ended up being 30 min late for work. On the day I have to leave early for my dr appt. Fucking fantastic.

I don’t do NY resolutions. They’re designed to make you feel bad when you eventually fail. If I want to improve or change something about my life, any time of year is a good time to do it!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    12 weeks and 5 days. Baby was just over 7 cm from head to rump in the US today!

So tired, but puking is becoming less frequent (only once or twice a week now).
    I seriously considered taking a nap under my desk today.
    Even though the NT scan looked good today, I'm nervous about the blood results. There's a 5% false positive rate, which isn't high but also isn't low, so I'm worried about that.

Had my NT screen today! It looked good, and they did the finger prick blood test which I'll get the results from next week sometime.

I feel exhausted right now (up all night due to allergies) and I have to lead a meeting in 20 minutes on a topic that I already know my mansplaining colleague will be super annoying about. By the grace of god I will keep my cool.

I'm sure I made a NY resolution, but I forgot what it was. So it goes. *shrug*
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 11w2d profiterole apparently 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? fine which is messing me up. 

3. Any appointment updates
     had my blood test yesterday, scan next Friday. I really wish I was there already.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions so understaffed this week, one staff member on holiday, another quit and a other has whooping cough of all things (there has been an outbreak here)

I didnt even bother making one but i was trying to get pregnant so i guess that turned out.
  • @lokibear89 I felt really good around week 11 too. Then it all came crashing again. It’s normal to catch a break! Hope you’re able to enjoy it a little, despite PGAL brain!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @grebretso is it weird that I am reassured that it could worse again? Yay for feeling like shit!! 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited August 2018
    Normally I’d say that’s weird, but we all know exactly what you mean. I was so relieved when my nausea came back. Pregnancy makes us all into weirdos, apparently!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @lokibear89 I echo what @grebretso says. I felt great at 11 weeks, then had a full three days of puking and today I fell asleep at my desk. It'll come back to haunt you still. :)
    Though I will say, after 11 weeks it's been slowly on the up and up for me. Still puking and tired, but with a bit more time between pukes. LOL

• Same @hannahbananas11. I actually haven’t puked since week 10, it’s just nausea for me now. Even with the nausea I can tell it’s slowly getting better! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @lokibear89 - Also felt great at 11 weeks then I took a turn and I'm nauseous and throwing up again at 12 weeks. It's a mindfuck.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @lokibear89 Echoing everyone else, I had the same thing happen at around that time and then it picked up again and then slowly tapered off. It’s totally normal but I know until you see that scan it’s hard not to worry!

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 14+5, peach? 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?  Like @ChloandCoco I have been feeling flutters too which was reassuring but since it’s sporadic now has me constantly worrying when I don’t feel anything for a few days. I also pulled a back muscle this morning and the pain is horrible. My toddler dgaf though “play with me mommy!” “Dance!” Etc etc

None

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? After the shit incident with my toddler yesterday and my back issue today I’m saying fuck this week. 

I didn’t make one this year
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    11w6d, maybe almost plum sized? 
    I am feeling ok, my nausea went away last week and it's back a bit this week, but mostly I just feel really bloated. I also have legit gained 12 pounds. I guess that's what happens when the way you deal with your nausea is to eat a million carbs. Ah well. I had some spotting on Monday, freaked out, went in for an ultrasound and peanut is looking normal! They also went ahead with the NT scan while I was in. Dr said the baby looks normal, but I have to wait to get the results of the blood work...fingers crossed
    Next one isn't until 9/4
    I'm so hot all of the time and we don't have AC

I agree these are kind of dumb, but I jokingly said "get swoll" when asked on NYE. That didn't happen! I haven't been to a gym in months, but feel fine about it. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 11w5d, baby is the size of a lime 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? mentally I go back and forth from excited to anxious.  Physically I feel bleh... sinus issues, bloating, sore boobs and my food aversions are ramping up for some reason. 

had my nipt bloodwork last Monday... everything was negative and we're having a girl! Scan is upcoming Monday and I'm nervous because I haven't seen her since 8w2d.

I'm evidently snoring at night which would explain my all day tiredness. How long did your NT scans take? I'm debating taking a half day Monday. 

I never do lol. At this point, I can't even remember what it was. 
  • @madwhitlove My NT Scan took about 20 minutes, but baby was laying in the perfect position to get the measurements. The tech kept saying she’s never had such a cooperative baby before. I’ve heard it can take a lot longer if the baby is moving around a lot. 
  • @madwhitlove My NT scan took almost a whole hour. My uterus is tilted, usually by 12 weeks it’s moved a little bit forward which makes it easier to see, but that’s not the case for me. The baby was also hanging out way in the back, changing positions constantly so it was really hard to get a good reading. The tech said we might have to give up and try again some other day, but thankfully baby moved in to a good position and stayed still long enough.

I’m glad there’s a lot of activity in there, but jeez! This kid is either really shy or really stubborn. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024