Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro Thread w/o 08/06

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board 
(https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO)

How many months have you been TTC?

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie Intro Thread w/o 08/06

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @furnitureguru yay for not being a lurker anymore :) 
    What kind of dog do you have ?? 
  • Options
    @furnitureguru What's your favorite thing to crochet?
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    Hi!
     I didnt see this new thread until after I posted on the 7/30 one. Sorry we are all here but seems like a good group. Looking forward to getting to know everyone  
  • Options
    @WildMagelet what do you cosplay? 
  • Options
    @pinkparasol I'm also a Disney, HP, and Netflix junkie!  My friends and I 'won' 4 lottery spots for hotel rooms at an event we're going to next June and we're naming them and decorating our balconies after the 4 Hogwarts houses ;)  What's your favorite Hallmark Christmas movie?  

@projectalice Do you like your AVA?  I bought one after our loss last year but I got frustrated by it not learning my cycles in what I considered was a quick enough manner.  Started wearing it again a few days ago and the band broke...oops :( 

@riff323 A little bit of everything:  Anime/Games/Comics/Movies/TV/Cartoons/etc.  We judge contests/guest speak/etc. a lot more than we compete now so we're delving into more comfortable costumes to wear just "around".  Currently that involves a lot of Miraculous (super cute French cartoon) but next year will probably be a lot of My Hero Academia (anime).  For our one competition we found time to do this year we made gowns belonging to villains from an older anime called "Sailor Moon".  We ended up getting Best in Show Craftsmanship & Best Masters-level Performance alongside 3 of our friends doing a parody of the "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago, so that was exciting!  
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    That's so exciting! Congrats on your win! I love the idea to decorate them like the houses...which are you doing?

As for Hallmark Movies, I can never remember the names, but it has Lacey Chabert, and she is dating the prince, and they go to his country for Christmas. 
  • Options
    @WildMagelet I love Sailor Moon! That sounds super fun!
  • Options
    @pinkparasol My room is assigned to Slytherin.  We mostly based it off of the house that the person who reserved it was sorted into, except for Hufflepuff, but that's because half of that rooms is puffs and the reservee was a double of one of the other rooms.  

@riff323 It's still my favorite anime.  Our skit was super fun!  I did Nehelenia and my friend did Beryl, but our group also had a Mistress 9, Diamond, and Galaxia.  Diamond wrote original monologues for all of us and we added a lot of glam to the costumes to "Broadway" them up a bit.  It was probably the most intense project I've been apart of, but the payoff was totally worth it!
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options

I like to bake, read, and now I weave fabrics on a floor loom at home. I started hand dyeing my own yarns and it looks so good! I'm currently weaving a scarf with some ring spun cotton that I hand painted. It looks so pretty!

We need to be friends. I spin yarn from my friend's flock of sheep and dream of having a floor loom one day. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife @projectalice I want to see pics of your yarn and crafts! I've been learning to weave this year and also dream of having a floor loom someday. 
  • Options
    @mamanbe - maybe we need a separate thread where we can show off some of this stuff?
  • Options
    @harrierwife yes! it might actually motivate me to finish the weaving piece i started a few months ago :) 
  • Options
    I love that idea! I can start the thread if you like and we can share our crafts. :) thank you @mamanbebe @harrierwife
    @WildMagelet I do like it! It usually takes 2-3 cycles to really catch on, but I love the fact I don't have to wake up to temp. You can still gather and interpret the data yourself, the predictions just may be off in the app. My sleeping schedule is very erratic so it's perfect for me. You can also contact customer service via email and complain about the strap. They will either replace it or give you a discount code for another. Or you can use a big stretchy wristband with the sensor under it. 
  • Options
    I would love a thread like that as well. We are shearing lambs for the first time this fall and I want to learn  
  • Options
    @pinkparasol, I love the avatar pic!  The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom!  I notice something new every time I ride.  I'm a huge Disney fan, too. :)
  • Options
    @pinkparasol, I love the avatar pic!  The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom!  I notice something new every time I ride.  I'm a huge Disney fan, too. :)
    Thanks! Haunted Mansion is my  favorite too! I love looking for new details!