December 2018 Moms
Options

UO 8.2

Re: UO 8.2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In my field a significantly longer notice period is standard. Last time I think I gave about 4 months notice? I think the minimum I would do would be 6 weeks because that’s how far out I need to give notice to block my clinics for vacation. 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @Jens_Hoes I'm usually over summer by mid-to-late July 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes I’m also ready for fall! I saw some decor the other day in At Home and it got me so excited! Then, I saw the Christmas stuff one aisle over and it freaked me out...

@maureenmce  I completely agree! My dogs love my son, but they are dogs.  Especially drives me crazy, when you see a newborn baby propped up on a dog. What if the doorbell rings, the mail comes, or a squirrel runs past the window?

@agk2015 I agree that it is a double standard. How did it go with your boss when you told her?
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes that’s pretty much my plan this time!  Maybe add don’t kill my hubby to that list.  He was such a cheerleader last time, it was so out of character and the nurses thought he was so sweet.  I mean he is but I was annoyed after 19.5 hours :D 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @Jens_Hoes That is my birth "plan" exactly  ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @LLynde5 I agree that it sets you up for failure if you have a very specific plan that you expect to be followed. However, I think it is good to discuss your preferences with your spouse and her doctor, just so that they know what you want, if possible, if you are not exactly in a place to be making decisions or advocate for yourself.
  • Options
    @ab_canada I couldn’t agree more! Someone asked my husband, when I was pregnant with DS, what my push present would be and he was confused and told her the baby.
  • Options
    @AGK2015 I totally get that. I usually like to always give 2 weeks to be on good terms. (I also have this bad habit of caring what people think of me, even if I'll never see them again...hahaha) However, one time I found a new position closer to home (I was leasing apartments, and had about an hour drive, and after 9 months of working there, I was offered a job right down the street). I gave a 2 week notice at the beginning of December, but my manager asked if I could stay until after the holidays so everyone could still take their vacation. I agreed because...I was nice I guess? I don't really know. But I regret it. I should have just done the 2 weeks. They were EXTREMELY rude to me the whole time I was still there. Like I personally hurt them by finding a better position. So...moral of the story is, I will never give more time than what is "standard" (2 weeks).

However with my most recent job, I was working weekends and my morning sickness was out of control, and just so I wouldn't be the unreliable person and call in a lot, I gave a two week notice, and he asked me if I would like him to just not put me on the schedule (but I would still be leaving on good terms). I was like...yes please! Some employers are great and it's worth giving back. But not all of them.

@LLynde5 I actually super agree with you. And I am sure some people can get angry about that. But people who have super extensive "my way ONLY" plans for their labor erk me. My doctor put it well with my first pregnancy. I asked her what she thought about birth plans, and she said, for a first time mom, it's best to not have a crazy birth plan because you don't know what your body will do. Anything can happen and literally the most important thing is making sure you and your baby are safe. And you have to be able to trust your doctor with that. Now, I had some things I wanted. Basically just immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding. Neither one of those happened for my pregnancy due to complications and I didn't see or hold my son for 3 hours. But, all turned out well. He ate wonderfully and we bonded quickly. We were both healthy.

@ab_canada Wait, what's "push gift"? I am not sure if I have heard of that. lol
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Options
    I don't expect a push present but I did get a necklace from DH. DD was born a couple weeks early so he hadn't gotten it by the time she was born but I eventually got it. It's a cute mother/ child pendant with her birth stone. 
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    @omnommer Good luck with your supervisor!
  • Options
    Re: Push presents

I would never ask for one but feel like DH got me something last time and i cant remember. 
    So I just had to ask if my husband got me one last time.  Lol.  He feels like he did get me something but we can’t remember.  He said “do you want one this time?” Um no, if we can’t remember what it was last time, it’s obviously not necessary.  He wouldn’t buy jewelry because I never wear my good stuff.