January 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms - August

Re: Symptoms - August

• Options
    Wow, everyone with headaches. I thought I was getting a pregnancy headache, but then it stormed and the headache instantly went away... Just pressure related.
    I hope you all feel better soon.
  • Options
    I feel like I'm having so much discharge today. It's not soaking my underwear but when I wipe it seems like a lot.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does anyone else have a sore bump? It must be like muscle/ligament pain but if I like, turn or twist I get pain along the sides of my bump and down my ute. Or like if I lay on my side and don't stick a pillow under my bump it gets sore I guess from hanging? 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @emmaaa Sometimes I'm the same. It comes and goes. As long as your tests are coming back clear, you should be okay.

@ladystout08 Ugh, same. I think it is round ligament and muscle pains. I was a bit freaked out at first, but the more I read about it, the more it seems like more par for the course. Funny, all the things that no one tells you before you get pregnant.
  • Options
    @ers7924 right! Mine's being very patient, but I'm so hot and cold that it's probably hard to keep up with. Had a big talk with him about how we need to be kinder to each other, then I woke up the next morning and said "good morning ugly" (lol we joke around a lot). At least I've been admitting that I'm acting a bit crazy, so that probably helps.
  • Options
    @leighbrek I haven't had any tests or bloodwork since my first appointment. I also haven't had an appointment in 5 weeks. I don't feel like it's excessive and I'm not cramping or spotting so I am going to assume it's okay. I have an appt next thursday and will ask then though
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Finally feeling mostly better after a 4 day headache that had me out of work for 2 days. I'm no stranger to headaches (luckily his wasnt a full blown migraine), but NONE of my normal remedies were working, and I've never had a multi day headache. I finally went and got a 45 minute neck and shoulder massage yesterday and I think it helped. I still have a bit of pain, but I can function now. 

Anyone here losing a decent amount of hair? I emailed the two doctors I have seen about it and asked if I could get thyroid and iron levels checked, but they both said it was normal. I'm not sure it is, so I plan to bring it up at my appointment with a different doctor on Monday. I've even started taking picture of the amount of hair I'm losing so I can show her. 
  • Options
    My exhaustion today is unreal.  A few minutes ago I was struggling not to nod off right in front of my boss while we were on a conference call with a client.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*
  • Options
    @amongthewildflowers I always lose a lot of hair and I was looking forward to not losing some while pregnant, yet, here I am missing just as much if not more than normal. I didn't really think much of it though since it is normal for me. I'm hoping it stops at some point!
  • Options
    +1 to the hair growth. Well, not the hair on my head at least, LOL. I wish that would grow. I have to pee all night. I am nauseous most of the day, but typically don't puke. They made me take a 1 hour glucose test yesterday, which I failed. So I have a 3 hour one tomorrow and I am so not excited about it. I had GD last time that was uncontrollable so I semi-expected it, but I am super bummed because my insurance sucks and I am out of work right now. So, since it doesn't cover the test strips, I'm a little nervous. I'm super cry-y and I want to sleep all the time. Anyone else? I never got an increase of energy....
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    18+2 today.

@oaklandava I missed out on the energy boost as well. So tired and super irritable over the last few weeks. And I have found myself breaking down and crying several times since the start of second tri. 

@ladystout08 I'm getting a lot of pains around my bump, too - kind of all over. I try to remember to just not move too quickly, but sometimes that doesn't even make a difference.

My R hip and lower back feel awful today - sciatica pain, I guess. I'm totally going to be hobbling around at work today. 
  • Options
    Anyone have second trimester spotting? I know I have a sensitive cervix but I am going to call my OB today cause this just seems more than usual. I had a sch but that seemed to stop but I could be wrong.. ugh, I hate worrying. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Jackiemxoxo I hope everything is okay and your OB can give you some reassurance!
  • Options
    snackheartsnackheart member
    edited August 2018
    I am super exhausted today.  My 3.5 yo DS was up in the middle of the night the past two nights.  Tuesday night he just wanted me to come in and hug him.  Last night he actually peed the bed so I had to change him and change the sheets, and then I couldn't fall back asleep for probably another 45 minutes.  I have a client meeting at noon and then I'm in court at 2:00.  Should be interesting lol

Also I'm seriously such a bitch lately.  Yesterday I snapped at one of the partners who is a close friend and I feel so awful about it.  I texted him last night saying I was sorry for being a twat and we had a normal conversation this morning so he doesn't seem bothered.  But I need to figure out how to keep that ish in check :grimace:
  • Options
    I asked the ultrasound tech yesterday what was in the most painful area in my abdominal area, and she said it's just bowels/ovary/ligaments, no uterus or baby in the vicinity. She told me it'll be super painful any time something is traveling toward the exit, because the ligaments get pushed and stretched.
    So there you go. Ouch.
  • Options
    17w+4d; on real symptoms except really not in the mood to anything but pizza and my boobs/nipples still hurt
  • Options
    Can't remember if I posted this already or not, but I'm having pelvic floor weakness/aching after standing at work all day. I didn't have this at all when pregnant with DD, only postpartum. 
  • Options
    Add nose bleeds to my second tri symptoms. So far: headaches and nose bleeds.

I was sooo tired today. It’s crazy that while I generally feel better second tri, some days just hit me like bricks and I can’t do anything.
  • Options
    My hormones were raging today. DS was being a typical 3.5 year old but my hormones were not having it today. I went back into my bedroom and sobbed for a few minutes. When I came out DS asked why I was crying. I felt better after that cry. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sfgiantsgamerbabe +1 ro raging hormonal crying. DH has been working so much and since it’s summer break I’m home all day everyday with DD mostly alone. Tonight he would normally be home but he has a tux fitting and dinner for his friends wedding. I straight bawled for 15 minutes when he got home because I didn’t want him to leave. I love DD but man she is high energy. And it’s been so hot I feel like I haven’t been able to take her out to do much. 

Also my heartburn is out of control right now. Though admittedly I did have Taco Bell for dinner...
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    Anyone else get jaw pain on one side? Since I've started sleeping on my left side only (I'm usually a back sleeper) my left jaw has been sore when I chew :( no popping sounds or general aching, so I'm hoping it's not pregnancy induced TMJ. Hopefully just achy. I do tend to clench my teeth while sleeping, which has been hard on my teeth, but I wonder if that's been getting worse.

Also, Braxton Hicks after orgasm have been freaking me out. I know that BH contractions are totally normal and fine and only bad if you have several in an hour, but I forgot how early they can start. I'm 18 weeks. I had them A LOT with DD, especially towards the end, so I shouldn't be surprised.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj My whole left side has been in pain - my jaw, my shoulder, my hip and lower back on the one side....all from sleeping on my side I'm assuming. I have to change it up during the night because I just can't handle all night on my left. I do short stints on my right and then I also use a wedge under my right side while on my back. Also, +1 to the BH freaking me out. I also seem to be crampy on and off the whole rest of the day after O so I've just been avoiding it lately. I make DH happy and then take a pass when it comes to me. I just can't take the anxiety. Braxton Hicks start around 7 weeks, we just can't feel them yet. STM+ tend to feel them earlier since they know what they are. I started feeling them at 12 weeks this time around. I notice them a couple of times a day. Totally normal (esp after O).
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Itchy. Itchy. Itchy. Mostly on my arms. It is driving me nuts.
  • Options
    My legs!!! Aloe vera gel helps
  • Options
    AliKay20 said:
    Yes! The underside of my forearms and my shins! So itchy! I'll give aloe vera a try.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    For the itching, I had it HORRIBLY last time. Oh goodness, I am so worried it'll get that bad this time. I'll get on/off itching this time, but not that bad yet. Last time it started getting worse around 30 weeks. By 38 weeks I asked to be induced (they said no, of course) and at 39 weeks, when I thought I was going to go into labor early, I remember crying a few times because I just wanted my baby to come and the itching to stop. the day after delivery it was gone.

It took a LOT of trial/error, including meds given to me by the doctor (none of the prescription ones worked) and finally at 36 weeks my doctor mentioned Zyrtec. that helped a lot (benedryl did nothing) combined with Cortisone cream (NOT off-brand!). I kept a tube in my purse and at home so I had some at all times.

tl;dr: Zyrtec once a day combined with Cortisone cream as needed was the only way to make extreme itching bearable. Try it!

• Options
    PSA: While  itching can be normal there is a disease called Cholestasis- where mom's liver doesn't filter everything and bile builds up. It causes extreme itchness and can be fatal to baby. Be sure to talk to your doctor. 

I'm having an issue with swelling in my face. It's  very minimal and only on one side. I'm a little concerned because I have had 2 pimples on my cheek/ chin for the past 2 weeks that just won't go away . I'm worried something else is going on and they won't heal. 
  • Options
    @gorgeousariel I was reading (but unfortunately don't remember where, so I can't source it for you) that any swelling in the face should be reported to your doctor right away. It's kind of like the itchy thing - some kind of underlying condition. 
    Obviously some women might get a bit puffy in the face from pregnancy, but noticeable swelling should be checked out.
  • Options
    tosh24 said:
    AliKay20 said:
    Yes! The underside of my forearms and my shins! So itchy! I'll give aloe vera a try.
    I keep my aloe vera in the fridge so it has a nice cooling sensation to ease the itch! Hope it works out for you!!
  • Options
    @leighbrek yes I think  I've read that it can be a sign of pre-e. I don't have any swelling anywhere else and DH couldn't tell. I'm going to watch it today and call tomorrow if I feel it hasn't gotten any better. 
  • Options
    I've had severe stabbing pains in my right boob on and off since yesterday. I know its growing, milk ducts, etc but wow are they sharp. It feels like there is a knife in there. Agh.
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl I had some sharp pains in my L boob a few days ago. I don't remember that with my last pregnancy, so I was a bit concerned. It stopped after a couple days, though. Hopefully yours won't last long.
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl @katethemom that's so crazy you mention it- I had a similar sharp, stabby pain in my R boob over the weekend and today a bit. Thought it could be muscular and had no idea it could be pregnancy related. Good to know! Hope it is feeling better now.
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl @katethemom that's so crazy you mention it- I had a similar sharp, stabby pain in my R boob over the weekend and today a bit. Thought it could be muscular and had no idea it could be pregnancy related. Good to know! Hope it is feeling better now.
    well this is reassuring to know I'm not the only one, my L boob felt like someone was sticking a needle through my nipple on and off yesterday and miraculously is fine today?
  • Options
    KLS123 said:
    well this is reassuring to know I'm not the only one, my L boob felt like someone was sticking a needle through my nipple on and off yesterday and miraculously is fine today?
    Add me to the stabby boob pain! Mine has been happening on and off in my RB since the beginning, but it's picked up again.

Also the heartburn has started for me. I didn't have it bad with DD but I do remember it kind of picking up in second tri and worrying it was a sign of things to come. So I'm hoping it's the same this time.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    @gorgeousariel yes, good to point out! I had googled itching quite extensively, and nothing explained what I had. I had no rash, no cause, etc. and so I had my doctors test for cholestasis, even though they didn't think I had it. Thankfully it came back negative. But it's good to be aware that Cholestasis exists, and it can be dangerous to the baby. However, usually it is not harmful to the baby until after 37 weeks, which is why most OB's then will induce at 37 weeks if you have Cholestasis. With proper care you can continue to have a safe pregnancy. Also, if you have extreme itchiness, INCLUDING hands/feet/face, go in for blood testing right away for Cholestasis. I found it it's rare to have Cholestasis and NO itching on palms of hands/feet/face.

• Options
    I freaked myself out so bad about the possibility of cholestasis with DD that I went in for a sick visit between appointments in third tri to get bloodwork for it. The OB I saw was kind of condescending about it but I didn’t care. Peace of mind is worth it. When I saw my OB at the next appointment she told me I didn’t have it and reassured me that even if I did we would just induce at 37 weeks and baby should be fine. That really helped calm my mind!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    +1 to being itchy AF.  Thanks to those that mentioned cholestasis.  I'd heard of that with relation to hands itching, but not feet. My feet have been itching like crazy lately, as well as a few other areas, and especially at night. I'll send my OB a message today asking if we can test for it at my appointment next week, or if we need to test sooner. 

• Options
    Is anyone getting ugly purple spider veins on their legs? I've always had a few just because I stand all day at work, but they have gotten bigger/multiplied in the last 2 weeks... not sure if this is pregnancy related or something else