February 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 7/27

Sorry I’m late, y’all. Long week.

Re: FFFC 7/27

• Options
    I’m really resenting how difficult our cat’s illness is. We can’t leave her alone for extended periods bc we’re afraid she’ll decline so fast which means I am spending roughly 6 weeks (maybe more I don’t count anymore) this summer without being able to see my husband since I can’t travel with him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve gotten myself into a laundry mess. I loathe folding and putting away. Turned into a mountain of what the hell is clean and what is dirty? Been doing laundry all freakin week to take care of it. 
  • Options

I frequently re-run the dishwasher until my husband gets home to avoid having to unload it. I HATE unloading the dishwasher. 

T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Swung through the McDonald’s drive thru for Happy Meals for my kids (because I’m strivig for Mom of the Year) and ordered a Coke for myself. So much for my “no caffeine in the first tri” rule I set for myself. 

Wont lie though. Worth it. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited July 2018
    @okayestmom12 I regularly forget coke has caffeine in it and have one after maybe a couple cups of coffee. Coke helps with my nausea. No shame. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I’ve gotten myself into a laundry mess. I loathe folding and putting away. Turned into a mountain of what the hell is clean and what is dirty? Been doing laundry all freakin week to take care of it. 

Im in the same mess. I’ll also admit that I have no idea the how long the load of laundry that is sitting in the washing machine has been there. 
  • Options
    grebretso said:
    @okayestmom12 I regularly forget coke has caffeine in it and have one after maybe a couple cups of coffee. Coke helps with my nausea. No shame. 
    Yes! I felt pretty icky before the Coke. After? Semi human and able to function. I’ll call it a win. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I almost went downstairs and grabbed a basket from the mountain of laundry I need to fold. Then I decided it wasn’t worth it and sat on the couch instead. Lol
  • Options

Im in the same mess. I’ll also admit that I have no idea the how long the load of laundry that is sitting in the washing machine has been there. 
    This is when I just run it again bc I don’t want to dry/fold it
  • Options
    We don't have a dishwasher. I'm thinking using paper plates at least once a day is going to have to start happening. 
  • Options
    I don’t fold my kids laundry at all anymore. I sort it by drawer and stuff it in. 

I have no no intention of working the rest of the day. DH picked me up because my hip is bothering me. I got to play with a friends baby who stopped by, now I am in bed. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    ageaagea member
    I’ve started letting DS nurse for an extra long time in the morning so I can lay down and watch tv. Laying down is the real draw but the tv is a good distraction for him (and me). I firmly tell my husband no tv when DS is around. Screen time has definitely increased since morning sickness.
  • Options
    Oooooh oooh I just remembered another one I've been sitting on. I genuinely don't think my husband knows that the yucky symptoms typically fade away in the second trimester. I was definitely sick for practically my entire pregnancy with DS, but ... I remember feeling pretty good for a solid few weeks there. 

This morning I told my husband I felt like my second trimester energy was coming. He gave me a really confused look and just said "yeah babe, that's great ..." as if he wasn't totally confident that I wasn't joking.
  • Options
    @grebretso My body is ridiculous and mostly refuses to vomit, so I don't ever have that kind of evidence of feeling like crap. Not that I envy the vomiting. I'm fine without. But it would be nice to not feel like I have to convince DH that I have a really good reason that the house looks like it does.
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @wifemomme I’m not a puker either, so far once each pregnancy. Even when I did puke this time, I don’t think it improved my credibility with DH even though he could hear it. No matter how sick I am, he’ll always believe I’m milking it a little extra,  though he won’t say it.
    He partly right in that I technically COULD do more (as in, if I HAD to), but I wholeheartedly believe I deserve to take it easy. 

• Options
    I don't puke much, just a few times. But, I regularly feel like I'm going to puke. More the gag throat feeling than stomach, so DH is pretty understanding when I bolt from the room, but come back having not puked. That being said I am always worst end of 1st. Beg of 2nd, so I am 100% in the ugh camp. I spent 10 mins yesterday morning curled on the floor while DD climbed on me, trying to feel normal.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @wifemomme I totally get it! The feeling of needing to puke but not being able to is awful!
  • Options
    Yes, I really have just wished that I could puke and get it over with. But, I also appreciate the fact that I don't have to keep a bag in my purse or always keep in mind where the nearest bathroom is. I do complain, but I wouldn't want to trade places with those of you who have been puking regularly for the last couple months.
  • Options
    @wifemomme I totally agree, because I usually pee my pants when I vomit.