October 2018 Moms
Options

Questions 7/27

My question is how is it already basically August?

Re: Questions 7/27

• Options
    I think baby is having a boxing lesson in my belly today. It seems like a lot more movements than usual. Any point should I be concerned by increased activity? It seems like it’s mostly just decreased movements that we should be concerned about, but hadn’t considered the alternative. I don’t think I had (that much) more caffeine or sugar than usual that would have her hyper.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 it’s mostly decreased movement you would worry about. Potentially if you feel “spastic” movements that could indicate a problem and should be addressed by a doctor, but it would be incredibly rare. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I don’t think it’s spastic so I’ll just enjoy the many moments of feeling her move.
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    edited July 2018
    Wait...what do you mean "spastic", @jennybean80? I feel those all the time. Like...straight up...tornado-like.

ETA: "All the time" means about 4 times per week, usually in the middle of the night after I get back to bed from one of my zillion bathroom trips.
  • Options
    Yesss oh how I fear seeing my next electric bill
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    edited July 2018
    I guess it would be hard to tell if it was just his limbs...or his whole body...but my entire stomach shakes. @jennybean80
  • Options
    @sliztee I’ve had this a couple of times during the night too. It almost feels like he gets stuck in an uncomfortable position and freaks out. But if I roll over or move he stops so I’m hoping that’s all it is.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Hmmm I’m wondering about this too.  I was thinking the same thing at 4 am this morning while she was going insane.  Do they have the startle reflex in utero? 
  • Options
    @KFrob the startle reflex isn’t fully developed until 34 weeks (it starts development around 28). 
  • Options
    I had the tornado thing happen the other night.  MH rolled over in his sleep and accidentally punched me in the stomach (not hard, but I was still like wtf, give the pregnant lady more room). I curled my legs up higher so he wouldn’t hit it again if he moved and the baby started going crazy. She just kept going until I put my legs back down so I just assume she didn’t like the way I was laying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214  DD-4 was a kick-boxer, ballet dancer, jujitsu master, gymnast, etc, in utero. I said a LOT that it felt like I was kicked black and blue inside. She's a normal rambunctious little girl! Very full of life and a giggle box. It's amazing how many comments I get about her curly hair, and how exuberant she is, from random people up town. 

@jennybean80  I've had some movement that doesn't feel like baby's whole body, but feels like a rhythmic thumping about 4-5 times before it quits. I've noticed it cuz it's different than what I'm used to feeling, I think... I'm never totally sure about that cuz I'm sure I don't remember every detail from previous pregnancies. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    Today’s frequency of movement is more normal. I miss the kicks and punches now that she’s gone back to having more downtime in between “sessions”.
  • Options
    I was going to say hiccups too @coffee-saur
  • Options
    These feel harder than what I remember hiccups being, but could be. And it's only a few hits at a time. I'll mention it at my next appointment I guess, tho it probably is hiccups. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    Is anyone else experiencing pain with very basic exercise?

I try my hardest to walk on treadmill 2-3 times a week for about 30 mins. I dont go super fast or anything...a moderate speed walk I guess. Last few times have been really painful in my lower right bump. I swear it's because that is where babe likes to hang out (his/her butt is always protruding from my lower right). But should that be causing pain? It feels like a painful cramp that won't go away and very tender to the touch like a bruise. 

Anyways, last few times I've had to stop and just give up on the walk for that day. No amount of stretching is working. 

• Options
    @nasalot188 This is pretty standard for me if I even stand for too long. I’ve been like that since the second trimester though. If it’s new, it’s worth asking your doctor about but I’d assume it’s because you’re getting farther along. Baby is bigger and you’re going to wear out more easily. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @nasalot188 sometimes I'll get RLP if I get up from a certain position suddenly while exercising or sometimes I feel a pulling sensation, but most pain comes from after I'm done. I have some pretty bad back pain/tightness now, and I think standing and cooking for 2 hours was what did me in, not necessarily the workout. Being in one position for a long time hurts my back whether it's sitting or standing or laying down.
  • Options
    Yup to the lower belly cramps with too much walking. It happened last time I was pregnant too. I'm not sure if a belly band would help with that, I have never tried one.
  • Options
    I also get cramps when I walk too much. I used to do 4 mile walks in 1st and early 2nd trimester... now it hurts if I just go maybe 1/2 mile. 
  • Options
    +1 for the lower right abdominal pain while walking for more than, say, 20 minutes. It becomes to painful to continue walking, I have to stop and sit down for a break. Sorry, @nasalot188, I think that’s just where we’re at in this fabulous journey! Put your feet up and enjoy the downtime while you can ❤️
  • Options
    I am getting cramps from walking too. It’s 6 minutes from my office to my commuter station and I’ve had to really slow my pace to keep from cramping. It’s annoying.
  • Options
    I’m 30 weeks today and noticed in the last couple days my stomach feels much tighter / harder.... no pain & baby is still moving constantly, not random tightening like BH... just overall feels different- is that normal at this stage? Mine has been pretty “squishy” up to this point. 
  • Options
    @lolo_0924 mine has too. I just assume it's because he's taking up more room and his bones are hardening somewhat.
  • Options
    @lolo_0924 when I get kicked, it's really obvious from the outside and it feels like she holds it there for a while, since you can see a visible lump in my bump! And it feels harder. DH loves it, but he's not the one getting kicked haha.
  • Options
    @nasalot188 I can’t walk with out my groin and glutes getting tired quickly.
  • Options
    @jemmerjams the hard lumps happen to me too! It doesn't feel like I kick though just like they're trying to settle in that spot so I rub that spot till they go back down
  • Options
    I went on a few low key hikes this weekend and had to take it very easy. Definitely getting some lower belly pain too.

My movements feel more like a rolling sensation than specific kicks. 
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    +1 for the rolling sensation lately. It feels like he's trying to flip around. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I'd try to describe my kicks as more rolling or sliding. I wouldn't say they're kicks most times, more like squirmy movements. And some legit just still feel like bubbles popping, but much bigger bubbles than in the beginning.
  • Options
    Question for STM. I never swaddled DS because he hated it. We used the HALO sleep sack they sent us home from the hospital with maybe twice haha but I'd like to try with this baby. Any suggestions on brands? Or one type over another?
  • Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    nmadjeski said:
    Question for STM. I never swaddled DS because he hated it. We used the HALO sleep sack they sent us home from the hospital with maybe twice haha but I'd like to try with this baby. Any suggestions on brands? Or one type over another?
    We preferred the Summer Infant SwaddleMe for both DD and DS. We had a couple of the Halo Sleepsack Swaddles but we didn’t like them. 

We also liked the Zipadee-Zip for transitioning out of the swaddle. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    We used the halo swaddles 
  • Options
    @nmadjeski DS1 hated being swaddled. I bought the Love to Dream for DS2 because he hated swaddles also. The Love to Dream was a lifesaver! I'm going to buy another one so we have a backup this time.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies!