October 2018 Moms

Re: UO 7/26

• Options
    @bntfroggie I'm the exact same. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the flavor of most berries, but hate the juiciness. I'll eat strawberries no issue, but blueberries, raspberries, blackberries etc I have to have cooked into something or blended.
  • Options
    Crunchy PB all the way.

PB and fluff is the food of unicorns. I need it in my life now.
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited July 2018
    @sammierose464 I'm the same way but its the seeds!  I hate the texture of all those seeds but love the flavor.  

@chopchop25 I've been totally into PB and fluff this pregnancy!  I probably hadn't had it in like 10 years but now its dessert on the reg

ETA how much i love PB and fluff 
  • Options
    I like crunchy peanut butter, dislike a lot of pulp (my grandma once drank a glass of high-pulp OJ and got a big clump of pulp, only to realize it was a spider that had been in the glass. F-that!), and I'm terrible about eating fruit unless someone prepares it for me. It's also a huge texture thing, I'm not big on mushy, slimy stuff. Plus, if it's tart I'm not a huge fan, I need it to be sweet if I'm going to eat it!
  • Options
    +1 for the texture, cant do pulp, jello, tapioca pudding, blueberries unless they're frozen.. I do like crunchy PB on like a super rare occasion. 
  • Options
    Hate crunchy peanut butter  Love high pulp OJ! It's like eating an orange! The plup free is better than low pulp though. Low pulp just has the outside of the pulp, not the juice filled pockets of wonderfulness that oranges have.
    I am all about texture. Hate mushrooms and tapioca. 
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 omg. No. Just no. Did your grandma recover from that? 

+1 to crunchy PB, pulp-free OJ (unless it’s fresh squeezed, but that’s different) 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth i dont want to eat an orange when I drink my oj though. 
  • Options
    @mamabearcj that is how I used to be :) as a kid no plup what so ever. Now I get the simply orange high pulp! Yum that stuff is amazing! Other brands aren't as good. 
  • Options
    I hate all peanut butter.
  • Options
    @halfanewt It's the most awful story! I'm not sure what her OJ preference is now, but I'd never recover from that.
  • Options
    I’m the same with coconut... Absolutely cannot handle the texture of shredded coconut but like the smell of lotions, oil, etc. and can eat/drink something flavored with coconut...  the second there’s “pieces” of it I’m gagging. 
  • Options
    +1 to NO pulp!! If I wanted to chew my juice I would have just had an orange. It’s definitely a texture thing for me. 

And oh so gross for the spider! I don’t think I could drink another glass of orange juice after experiencing that!
  • Options
    +1 to no pulp and +1 to not liking crunchy peanut butter. 
    Am I the only one that can't do mushy, slimy, or chunky food textures? Mostly mixed, like I can eat a banana but I struggle through a chicken sandwich with tomato or something. Soups are a no go for me. Like if everything could taste different and feel like eating bread I would be golden. I am such a picky eater because of this. 
  • Options
    ninji15 said:
    +1 to no pulp and +1 to not liking crunchy peanut butter. 
    Am I the only one that can't do mushy, slimy, or chunky food textures? Mostly mixed, like I can eat a banana but I struggle through a chicken sandwich with tomato or something. Soups are a no go for me. Like if everything could taste different and feel like eating bread I would be golden. I am such a picky eater because of this. 
    I love everything made from tomatoes and I love the flavor of mushrooms but you couldn't pay me to either either of those by themselves.  texture issues for sure!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I’ve had both blueberries (yum!) and crunchy nut butter (it was almond, nog peanut) today and could eat them both all day long!!

Plus, freshly squeezed OJ is the best... and it has pulp, people! 

• Options
    Love crunchy peanut butter, hate pulp.

I tried a coconut lacroix seltzer water for the first time. It was the most vile tasting and smelling thing. Like drinking sun tan lotion. How does it exist?
  • Options
    +1 for hating shredded coconut
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    While we’re on the topic... I hate peanut butter (or any nut butter) and jelly together. Peanut butter sandwich, yum. Toast with jelly or preserves, also yum. PB&J, gag me.  

• Options
    Ugh pulp in OJ is the worst! Pulp free all the way! 

Also love creamy PB, but can’t remember the last time I had crunchy, so won’t pass judgment on it :wink:
  • Options
    I dont like grape jelly, I find it repulsive honestly.  Give me Apple jelly all day long, on toast by itself. Like @ladyofarlington said pbjs are gross...
  • Options
    Jelly in general is effing gross. Now chutney? I effing LOVE chutney, but jam is gross.
  • Options
    Chutney is amazing.

I hate filled donuts, ESPECIALLY is the filling is jelly. 
  • Options
    What's chutney?
  • Options
    @mamabearcj it kind of like jam but...different. Its traditionally served with indian foods, but you can also put it on breads with cheese and stuff like that. Its almost like a preserve spread
  • Options
    @cagncoo12  I also hate filled donuts!
  • Options
    No fruit in my donuts!! Possible exception of lemon but can't be too much and many other requirements. 
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    +1 for not liking crunchy and pulp 
    I'm also a texture picky person. Don't like tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, tapioca, rice pudding, zucchini and cooked carrots
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Jelly/jam is disgusting, agree. I can handle some preserves, but it's definitely a texture thing. 

Also no to mushrooms, jello, custards, bananas, pudding, etc. Blegghh
  • Options
    @ladyofarlington I hate pb&j!! I will have peanut butter sandwiches all day any day, but add jelly and I won’t touch it. 

Which brings me to wonder if my daughter (19 months) likes pb&j... I’ve only made her peanut butter sandwiches. Hmm
  • Options
    I like peanut butter sandwiches and jelly on toast. I don't do them together
  • Options
    Me: crunchy pb, pulp
    DH: creamy, no pulp

we’re such polar opposites
  • Options
    Bahaha after I had my daughter my first meal was a PB&J.

+1 for filled donuts being gross.

Also I'm hungry.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    I dont like just plain pb sandwiches either... give be fluff or nutella or bananas as long as it isnt jelly lol