October 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday (7/20)

Ok, I’ve been terrible at starting this, mostly because I’ve fallen off the fitness wagon, but time to jump back on!

Hows everything going trying to stay fit?

Anything new you’ve tried?

Any questions?

Fun activities planned for this weekend or the upcoming week?
Me:29 DH:30
Married:10/2012
TTC #1: 12/2017

Re: Fit Mom Friday (7/20)

• Hows everything going trying to stay fit? I’ve definitely been slacking a bit the last few weeks...between my family being in town and my dog being sick I just didn’t have the time or energy. BUT this week I made it to the gym 3 times...2 spin classes and 1 weights session. 

Anything new you’ve tried? Nothing new, but the weather has been nice enough for us to walk to dogs more often so at least that has kept me moving a little since I haven’t been hitting the gym.

Any questions? Nope

Fun activities planned for this weekend or the upcoming week? If the weather is nice this weekend I really want to take the dogs for a walk downtown, it’s about 2.5 miles round trip so it’s good exercise (but sometimes we stop for ice cream on the way home which negates it  :sNext week we are going to Chicago for a few days for a mini babymoon so we will definitely be doing a lot of walking so I’m excited to be outside and be active in the city.
  • I did good last week and was going to start it but I forgot! Then I said even though I didn't do anything this week we should still have one..I've debated just giving up for the rest of the pregnancy but I know that's not good.

Hows everything going trying to stay fit? Terrible. We are in the midst of moving from FL to CT and we went up to look at houses but no luck. So we are going to rent for now. SOOOooo between the travel and stress of moving I didn't do anything this week. 

Anything new you’ve tried? Packing boxes? lol 

Any questions? Just wondering realistically how I am going to start running again once baby is here. 

Fun activities planned for this weekend or the upcoming week? Work.. moving. . doc appt. . finding new docs, schools lol. Fun! Give me all the wine

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hows everything going trying to stay fit? I finally managed to get my two 5am pre-work runs in this week. Between being sick, on vacation or just flat exhausted its been close to a month since I've kept up my work-week runs. I've switched to intervals mostly, and keep it to three miles, but I did manage to run the last mile of my run yesterday and was only about a minute off my normal pace so that was an ego boost.

Anything new you’ve tried? I was going to try a support belt to help my groin and hip muscles/ligaments deal with the stress from running but I never got around to it... whoops. I did sign up for a 5k three weeks after 3.0's due date, so considering with my luck I'll be a week late I'll be 2w pp - what the hell did I get myself into... It's actually the same race as the one in my photo and I really wanted the swag, so worst case I'll walk it!

Any questions? Nada

Fun activities planned for this weekend or the upcoming week? It's supposed to rain most of the weekend here, so not really. The peach truck is in town so I'm going to go get some stuff from that, which means I'll probably just hide in my kitchen making peachy things all weekend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Laumb11  good luck with the move! Where in CT are you moving, if you don’t mind me asking? Feel free to PM if you want!
  • Hows everything going trying to stay fit?
    Ok. I’ve kept up with my walking almost every day, at least 30 minutes. I never miss more than one day per week. The prenatal strength workouts I haven’t kept up with, I wanted to do them 3x per week.

I might start some prenatal yoga.

Any questions? Nope!

Fun activities planned for this weekend or the upcoming week? My BIL is getting married in October, we have a shower for them and a baby shower for a friend on Sunday.
    last week went great - either running or Pilates every day (so of course I forgot to start the thread, too).
    This week, not so much. Had friends in town then immediately on to traveling for a conference. On the upside, I’m getting some walking and foam rolling in during breaks between presentations? 

Did one prenatal yoga class - it was a little too chill for me, still. Also have a yoga video pulled up on my phone to try while traveling... haven’t done it yet, though :/ 

Any questions? Nope

Hopefully exploring Atlanta a little bit before I head home! 
  • @eireyes I’m asking because I’m honestly curious - is a 5k at 3w pp a realistic thing? If so, sweet! I don’t know why, but guess I was envisioning a longer recovery time. 

also, I feel you on the swag. I’m signed up for a 10k in September, but just looked and it’s 2.5w before EDD. Lol. May be downgrading that to a 5k and walking... 
    Man, way tougher than I thought it would be, in general. I thought CrossFit 2-3 times a week would be doable. Nope. I'm lucky to get 1 in.
    Tried out our more cardio/endurance class at the gym last week, since barbell movements around the bump are tricky now lol.
    Any questions?
    Sometimes I feel baby movement while working out..sooo weird! Anyone else?
    staying inside because it's going to be over 100F.
  • @jemmerjams Yes, last week on the treadmill, I was like "oh hi" lol

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really fell off the wagon last week because I had some light spotting and got paranoid. This week I’m feeling much better and spent today walking around the city which I haven’t done in a while (haven’t broken 15k steps in weeks). Tomorrow I have my regular Zumba class but to be honest it is getting harder to keep up. I’m still very comfortable going and will keep it up at least until the end of the summer. I wouldn’t mind joining a prenatal fitness class to meet some other new local moms but the only one available around me is yoga. I used to do a bit of yoga but I’m not the biggest fan. Plus, I heard prenatal yoga is geared more towards people who don’t regularly exercise and more want to just breath and chat about pregnancy. I wish there were more options available because I really like the class environment.
  • Hows everything going trying to stay fit? Was doing pretty good for a bit at least walking on the treadmill most days and then I had my final paper and presentation for my very last class of grad school due last week and that threw everything off this month. Now that I'm done with that though I managed to get in 3 workouts before work this week so feeling hopeful I can keep it up. 

Anything new you’ve tried? Just switching up prenatal workout vids on youtube so I don't get bored.

Any questions? Nope

Fun activities planned for this weekend or the upcoming week? It's raining all weekend so planning to get some good house cleaning/organization in. At least that will get some steps in running around the house lol 
  • @jellybelly114 Congrats on being done with grad school, what an accomplishment! I definitely understand the struggle of balancing grad school, staying healthy, having a life and being pregnant lol. I have 1.5 classes left before baby is born and will have 2 more in the spring before I am done (so I’m pretty jealous of you right now :wink: )
  • @spartan4life Thanks! The struggle was real first tri haha You're so close too! It will feel so amazing when you're done. Keep it up :)

I have similarly fallen off the wagon. I stopped being able to run about 3 weeks ago because the bladder pressure and the RLP got so bad.

Went hiking this weekend. Hard but doable!

Any questions? Nope

babymoon In Acadia starts Friday! More hiking!
  • Laumb11Laumb11 member
    edited July 2018
    @rc-cola I have Wanted to go to Acadia!! Have fun 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @halfanewt I honestly have no idea is its realistic for me or not (as far as running anyway). I know other moms have done it, but I know its going to be totally birth dependent. As long as I'm not a c-section walking it I know I'll be fine, since I'm usually going stir crazy by then.