February 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 7/20

2»

Re: FFFC 7/20

• Options
    @kayjay44 it’s true. I could eat potato straws all day long. 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies wow! She looks like she is curtains. Add a curtain rod and you have a good Halloween costume!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cmjenkies I literally just went to screenshot that for this thread as soon as I started reading this. LOL! That thing is pure gold. If you haven’t already, read the comments.  :D 
  • Options
    Omg @cmjenkies! Is the pattern for that a giant sized pair of pants, just don't bother sewing in the pockets?! 

I hate rompers, although they look great on some, because what are the odds that the torso length is just right? Little too long or a little too short, both have disastrous effects. 

Add me to the minimal grooming camp, even though I'm supremely hairy. Pregnancy has done nothing to help that. The peach fuzz on my face and belly seems to be getting thicker.  :/ I feel ill equipped to deal with that. 
  • Options
    I have a new one. I think paying out of pocket to get genetic testing just to find out the baby’s sex is stupid. If you have concerns about genetic diseases or issues, if your insurance covers it, or if your doctor suggests it (I’m sure there are plenty of other valid reasons) then do you girl. But if you just want to know if you’re carrying a hot dog or hamburger ... it’s time to grow up and be patient. 

ETA: maybe that’s an UO. Idfc. Clearly I’m heated about this lol. 
    I’m with you. It’s a few months. I don’t get the big deal in waiting. Why the need to know rightthissecond? 
  • Options
    I have a new one. I think paying out of pocket to get genetic testing just to find out the baby’s sex is stupid. If you have concerns about genetic diseases or issues, if your insurance covers it, or if your doctor suggests it (I’m sure there are plenty of other valid reasons) then do you girl. But if you just want to know if you’re carrying a hot dog or hamburger ... it’s time to grow up and be patient. 

ETA: maybe that’s an UO. Idfc. Clearly I’m heated about this lol. 
    I’m with you. It’s a few months. I don’t get the big deal in waiting. Why the need to know rightthissecond? 
    Same here. We do it because DH’s sister has developmental issues and we’d like to be prepared in the event something is wrong. Since this will be our first time finding out, we are trying to decide if we are going to find out at NIPT or 20 weeks. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @kayjay44 Checking for possible genetic issues is totallyyyy different IMO (and I’d do the same). I don’t get doing it just for finding the gender. 
  • Options
    Totally. It’s not a big deal for me not to know - we’ve been team green twice. We’re only debating finding out since DD will lose her shit if it’s not a girl and we want to give her time to adjust if necessary. Otherwise we’d be finding out when baby is here. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @kayjay44 totally agree - we did pre-parent testing before DS was born to make sure we weren’t carriers (my sister has a developmental disability as well as a reciprocal chromosomal translocation). And if you’re already doing the testing for valid reasons I’d find out too!! 
  • Options
    cas060cas060 member
    Nipt blood draw for me tomorrow and i specifically marked off do not send sex results  o:).  Green all the way
  • Options
    I honestly don’t care if people pay to find out just the sex early. Whatever floats your boat. Not my problem or my money wasted, ykwim?