January 2019 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 7/18

What has you saying "WTF?" today? 

(Sorry to post this so late, it's been a hectic day!)

Re: WTF Wednesday 7/18

• Options
    DLpanda08DLpanda08 member
    edited July 2018
    I hate our HOA. To the point that I want to move. They keep sending us bogus letters about issues that aren’t true or were addressed well in advance of the violation letter date.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @DLpanda08 when we were looking for a house so many had HOAs. There was nothing on the market and put an offer on one.  I'm so so so so happy it was rejected.  I really didn't want do deal with the BS. One of the first questions people ask about our new one is if we have one.  Hatred burns deep in my heart for HOAs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB called me today and said tomorrow was too early for an anatomy scan (16 weeks 6 days) so they rescheduled it for August 2nd. I’m super bummed. I will still meet with my doctor tomorrow and hear the heartbeat on the doppler but I was looking forward to the ultrasound. Boo. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We had a tree company scheduled to come and look at our trees and give us an estimate...they gave us a one hour window which has now passed with no one here. Slightly annoyed since setting up appointments is not easy and they were all lining up perfectly,  :s
  • Options
    I’m sorry you’re not getting the ultrasound like you thought @sfgiantsgamerbabe. I’d be disappointed too. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Last night my husband made us steak for dinner.  When I was cleaning up the kitchen later I noticed immediately upon opening the refrigerator that it did not feel cold at all. I called my husband over and he was like "yea I noticed that earlier".... WTF??? You noticed the refrigerator was not cooling properly and then fed your pregnant wife MEAT from it??? Luckily it was a newly bought steak and I don't feel sick at all but this guy's lack of common sense just drives me crazy sometimes. 
  • Options
    WTF to myself! I need to step away from the online purchases. Motherhood sucked me in again with their sale. I got a cute sweatshirt for this fall and a sweet floral tunic. All for just 20 bucks but ugh. I need to stop shopping for clothes. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    CoastieGirl79CoastieGirl79 member
    edited July 2018
    I work for the federal government in a state that does not offer partial disability for maternity leave. I intend to take eight weeks of unpaid leave. When I had DS I was active duty military and got six weeks of paid leave and took an additional two weeks of my own leave. My boss told me today, that if I feel like coming back after three weeks of maternity leave, then come back. Ok MAN. Because a man has a clue about the physical toll labor takes on a woman. I was at a loss for words.  

Edited for spelling.
  • Options
    Warning: Spiders. Gross stuff ahead

DH found a huge spider in our mudroom. He tried to smack it with his flip flops. He thought he was successful and he shouted “OH SH*T!! THAT’S DISGUSTING!!!” I asked him what was happening too scared to look. He told me he thought he got the spider but now there were tons of little spiders crawling out of the big spider. He got a vacuum and took care of it but now I’m not sure if the spider got in through the garage or if we have some pest issues in the house. 

Also, this is the first time we have seen a giant spider and also the first time DH saw little spiders crawling out. WTF INDEED.
  • Options
    WTF Ill timed nausea. After a 2 week dry spell (I blame my toddler, pregnancy exhaustion & crankiness) .. things finally lined up tonight for DH and I to do the deed. All was going well... then I started to feel a bit overheated... & all of the sudden nauseas AF! 3 minutes post coitus & I get to the bathroom and throw up. I literally think DH is offended. 
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• Options
    @ alikay20 :shudder: I heard that can happen with wolf spiders I think. The females carry the babies inside. I’ve always heard you should spray wolf spiders or take them outside. It’s so gross to imagine but I didn’t know if it was actually true. I would seriously cry and freak out. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee I did just that. I freaked out!!! DH first wanted to see if he can take it outside but you should have seen the size. I have never seen one in our house like that. We weren’t going to take any risks since we didn’t know what kind it was. I feel bad but I couldn’t imagine having it in our house and then little spiders crawling around everywhere. Thinking about what just happened creeps me out. I have the chills!
  • Options
    WTF Ill timed nausea. After a 2 week dry spell (I blame my toddler, pregnancy exhaustion & crankiness) .. things finally lined up tonight for DH and I to do the deed. All was going well... then I started to feel a bit overheated... & all of the sudden nauseas AF! 3 minutes post coitus & I get to the bathroom and throw up. I literally think DH is offended. 
    Maybe my story will make you feel
    better. H was trying to heat things up but he kept rubbing his hand across my abdomen; it made my nauseous and I had to go throw up right then, pre coitus, putting an end to anything that night.

• Options
    I'm always a day late. 
    WTF to people who know I'm pregnant, but who still smoke around me! I can't believe this is even a thing. My own mother lit up a cigarette while I was trapped in a vehicle with her, guys at a party sat beside me and smoked, my friend's bf who drove me home from the airport lit up in the truck... The list goes on and on. I'm not saying that I deserve special treatment - I'd be saying WTF even if I wasn't pregnant - but holy jeez, how insanely inconsiderate!
  • Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    that same thing happened to me and DH a few weeks ago except it was puke city like immediately after...not even 3 minutes. He was offended at first but we laugh about it now...meh what can you do
  • Options
    A day late but @AliKay20 I would pass out I think. I absolutely hate spiders and I would probably be terrified to go into the mudroom for a while.

My WTF is I picked up some extra hours at work tonight, trying to add to our savings for maternity leave, and on the way a rock came off a dump truck and put a giant crack in my windshield....I should have just stayed home
    BabyFruit Ticker