Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment week of 7/16

2»

Re: IF Testing & Treatment week of 7/16

• Options
    @Aurora1973 "Life throws a lot of shit at you, and rather than wallow in how unfair it all is, acceptance is the way for me.  What I like about this approach is that acceptance is not forgiveness or forgetting; it's not pretending that it's OK, just acknowledging that it just is."

I hope someday that I can think this way about several things, and knowing that you do, gives me some hope. "
    If it doesn't happen for you, your life is still rich and full because you make it so."--very very wise words. Thank you <3 I wish you well as you go forward and move on. 

@emmasemm I hope the uti clears up for you soon. Those things suck. "
    the age old IF question of how much do you put your life on hold"--yes, I get that so much. It's good you can take some self care days off of work. Is it feasible to take a break from work for awhile or would that just drive you crazy?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @emmasemm I was in a similar position over 2 years ago. I ultimately decided to take the best job offer even though that meant putting IVF on hold for what turned out to be about a year, despite having an offer that would have allowed me to continue on with treatments with no break. My logic was that if I ended up CFNBC then at least I wouldn't feel like my dream career was something else that IF robbed me of. It is a really sucky position to be in.

@Aurora1973 I'm so sorry things didn't work out and I wish you all the best as you move forward
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emmasemm just another reason why IF sucks—having to make decisions and feeling like your life is on hold

@AlohaKumu ouch!  You are a badass!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hey guys! I have been gone for quite a while but wanted to get back into this thread.. hopefully its ok??? I have been through lot these last few months. Lots of testing and lots of tears :'(.

Diagnosis (if you've been): AMA, Extremely low AMH .03 :'(:'( and found out my fiance has Azoospermia which I'm at a loss because TW he has a 9 year old daughter , Lindsey END TW. Deep down I think he may have gotten a vasectomy  but he is being very standoffish about it and I dont know what to do.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Trying on our own idk why

How are things going?: Things have been awful. After getting my results back from the RE with extremely low AMH and high FSH THEN to find out my fiance had ZERO sperm was like a punch to the gut. I still think he may have had a vasectomy at some point as from the research I've done! He even went to his own urologist for the semen analysis... something is fishy here. it just doesn't fit! I dont know what to do here. Maybe move on to donors? or potentially domestic adoption? Its been really rough with absolutely no one to speak to about this.  I have an appointment with the RE coming up and will run my concern by her but I have a feeling shes going to tell me its a lost cause.

Any questions?: Are there any other azoo girls out there whose SO/DH have had a TW child end TW.

GTKY: Share something that made you smile recently (story, picture, gif, meme, video, etc)
    I'll have to get back to this
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu yikes!! Hope your poor cervix recovers soon :(
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu Yes that pain is excruciating. I at least got some ativan beforehand. I hope you have been able to rest and relax after that. When do you expect the results?

@auntieleelee78 Gosh I'm so sorry. I cannot imagine how difficult that is. Have you point blank asked him if he has had a vasectomy or is there something going on that makes you feel like you cannot trust him so you don't want to play all of your cards? I don't have any advice but wanted to send you some hugs. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @auntieleelee78 That must be very tough for you emotionally to even have to contemplate. I mean this gently and kindly as possible, but remember how easy it is to go down the Google rabbit hole and assume the worst. Perhaps he hasn't had a vasectomy and something else is truly going on to cause that particular condition. Have you asked him outright if he's had a vasectomy? Will you trust him if he says no? What are the implications for the future of your relationship if you don't trust his answer, or if he says he has had a vasectomy?

I sincerely hope you're able to sort through this with as little pain and stress as possible <3 Big hug.

• Options
    @tamalahoops thank you, friend. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @suzycupcake @BusinessWife @Swiftlet Thank you all so much for your words. Honestly I didnt ask him right out because in the back of my mind I think I may Know the answer is yes and maybe he’s just too scared to tell me? His daughter is 100% his, looks just like him! I pretty much support the family and even went far enough as to give him the money for my engagement ring .. sorry if it sounds Pathetic but I was pushing 40, divorced once already and felt like it was the next step but he may have needed a push. Ugh and when he gave it to me... he pretty much tossed it in the counter and real snarky said “ Here , happy now?” I always Saw myself as a mom some day. I fear I may have missed my chance and now this, I may Have wasted my time. With my extremely low AMH , high FSH , and now finding out that his has no Sperm you’re probably right @BusinessWife you’re not saying anything that i haven’t already thought myself and  I should run ..i fear I may me alone for the rest of my life. I knew being 40 and ttc was going to be a challenge but never in my life did I think it would come to this. Thank you all for listening. I think tonight when he gets back from fishing I’ll ask him if he did, I just Don’t see how , at this point, he can even deny it. If he admits it and is willing to talk about a reversal I may listen to what he had to say but if I feel he’s lying... well I guess I’ll have to make a decision how I want my life to be. Be taken advantage of or stand on my own and go it alone into motherhood. 
  • Options
    @auntieleelee78 that situation sounds pretty horrible to me, and I completely agree with @BusinessWife. I hope you find a resolution soon.
    Me: 29 DW: 44