October 2018 Moms
Options

UO 7/12

Re: UO 7/12

• Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    @mamabearcj same. I don’t think I could possibly make my routine last that long. I mean, she’s amazing at doing her makeup and she’s stunningly gorgeous so good for her, but it’s just sooooo much time! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tlmill there was a girl DH went to college with and we'd hangout with a lot, every time we'd go over she wore full foundation, contour, eyeliner  mascara, lashes, eye brows, hair extensions, hair bleached, straightened, everything. If we were going to a party, breakfast, anything. The first time I saw her with no makeup on I had to refrain from looking shocked because she was a completely different person. Beautiful still but I never knew she had freckles or how short her hair really was and I knew her for like 2 years!? Her full routine took probably the same 2+ hours and it was exhausting to  even watch lol kudos to those who can keep up with it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    @mamabearcj that’s exactly how my sister is. I don’t get it. And she does it all with a 7 month old! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tlmill

So for a while, I was watching a lot of YouTube vloggers.  There was one Mum from the UK who had a video about her morning routine with her 3 boys.  I swear like five minutes of it was devoted to how exactly she did her make-up...
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf Do you like Guinness Nitro?
  • Options
    I wear makeup maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I’m super near-sighted (worse than -11 for those who know what that means) so unless I’m wearing contacts I literally can’t see well enough to do any eye makeup, so I just never bother.
  • Options
    I do at least mascara and eyebrows every day. My hair is light blonde so if I don't do at least those two I look dead.
    But if I'm hanging out with someone I'll do the full thing: foundation, eyebrows, eye makeup, eyeliner, mascara. Maybe a lip if I'm feeling it, but not usually.
  • Options
    @jynjer91 I’ve never even heard of it! What is that?! Guiness draught is my fav but the stout is good too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf it’s more IPA-ish 
  • Options
    @jynjer91 hmmm well I’m resistant to change and that doesn’t sound very Guinness-y, but still I’ll definitely have to try it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @spartan4life I’m not sure age has to do with having issues with earrings.  Mine have been pierced for about 30 years and still close up if I don’t have earrings in.  I also have a sensitivity to some earrings and have to be careful when I get a new pair because they might cause a reaction.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    +1 For hating beer and +1 for never doing make-up. My job involves me sticking my head in holes in the wall and up in ceilings so it seems pointless to do my hair and make-up just to be covered in ceiling dust and plaster right after. And when at home my toddler is snotting on me and messing with my hair on purpose so that's a hard pass. Plus I save money this way too haha! 

And no one should ever get something like ear piercing done behind a parents back. That would be a fast track to getting 0 time with LO ever again without super close supervision. So like, maybe we will see you for Christmas then that's it.

• Options
    I have never been into hair and makeup, not even in my teen years. I just can't be bothered, I'm so impatient. My hair is ridiculously thick, it takes over 30mins just to blow dry it all. Another 20-30mins to straighten. Just no.

I have managed to train my hair to go 3-4 days without a wash so sometimes I will do the blowdry/straighten and it'll last  4 days which is glorious. Maybe throw in a bit of dry shampoo.

The only makeup I can manage is under eye concealer and eyeliner. I have terrible bags under my eyes, always have. 

Anybody have any under eye concealers they really recommend? Right now I use the Physicians Formula Dual Stick...
  • Options
    I always wear makeup if I’m going out, but it’s definitely decreased since DS was born - concealer, eyebrows, mascara, blush. Sometimes eyeliner if I have time. I’ve never been good with my hair so it usually just hangs there or I pull it back. My wardrobe has become pretty whatever, though - I miss actually putting an outfit together.
  • Options
    My UO... my favorite beer is Bud Light Lime. 

DH gives me crap for it all the time but dang it, I love it and can't stand even the smell of most craft beers that he loves. Next summer I want all the BLL and guac. All of it!
  • Options
    @nikimelon BLL is my favourite!! When DS was born, my friends came to the hospital with a case of BLL for me haha it was the best.
  • Options
    My SIL is totally one of those people who needs 2 hours to do hair and makeup.
  • Options
    Zero time on makeup and the most time on hair ever will be blow drying. And I used to work for a cosmetics giant. The amount of unopened crap under my sink is absolutely unnecessary. I can't remember the last time I spent time on makeup or even pulled out an eye shadow or lip gloss.
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 No you’re right, it doesn’t. I just have always thought that since my body has never really known anything different, that’s why I have never had problems or why they have never closed up when I don’t wear earrings for long periods. Although to your point, I (thankfully) generally don’t have sensitivities to just about anything so that is probably why I’ve never had problems.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    I wear makeup maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I’m super near-sighted (worse than -11 for those who know what that means) so unless I’m wearing contacts I literally can’t see well enough to do any eye makeup, so I just never bother.
    You're worse than I am! I rarely find that. I'm a -7. This is also part of the reason I don't do my makeup much. It can be a pain.
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    Im -5 so I have to have a mirror very close. I also wear glasses because I have a stigmatism and very dry itchy eyes. The reason why I hate eye makeup
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I had my ears pierced around 4 or 5. I remember it because my Sunday school teacher pierced ears and did mine with the gun in the church classroom. 

About a year or so later, we got into a fender bender with my sister's dad and my earing got caught in my hair and it ripped out. I didn't even notice at first. However, 20+ years later it's still noticeable. We tried to keep them in for a bit but they were lopsided and got infected. I have repierced them on my own but they were lopsided. I was told I'd have to have the old hole reopened and stitched to fix the hole that had ripped. I decided it wasn't worth it to me. (Pic of the ripped hole currently)

• Options
    @HoosOnFirst I didn’t even know that was a thing, but it sounds pretty stupid. 
  • Options
    Lisa3379 said:
    @HoosOnFirst I didn’t even know that was a thing, but it sounds pretty stupid. 
    It seems like some kind of lip sync battle? I didn’t totally look at it because it seemed so dumb.
  • Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    UO: I think the latest online challenge where police sing songs is dumb. Specifically, I hate that people are on Facebook being like “hey (my town) police! I challenge you to do this!”

For the love of god I’m sure the police have better shit to do.
    They’re doing them on their days off and it helps take their minds off of some of the less pleasant aspects of their job. The department my mom works for is working on theirs right now and they’re having a ton of fun. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rc-cola Haha I did the exact same thing for my wedding!