February 2019 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change (7/11)

This is for those with a Wednesday due date... Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 20, Feb 27

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/ raves/ questions?

5. GTKY: What is something you hate that people love?

T & J 5.9.09
MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
PVM 5.8.12
GWM 3.17.15
RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (7/11)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @becks_726
    Maybe I should clarify: I don't dislike dogs per se, I just hate the bizarre attachments that people seem to form towards them. Dogs are animals, and I think that sometimes people forget that. To answer your question though: I've had several pet fish, two pet red-eared slider turtles and 3 cats (one who I still have currently). When all of these animals died, as animals eventually do, I wasn't torn up about it and didn't shed a single tear, because they're animals; I enjoyed them for what they were but never thought of them akin to a person. It just irks me when people carry on about their pets' special needs, special diets, special sleeping spaces, habits, toys, environment, etc., I just want to scream at the top of my lungs: just because you give it a name, doesn't mean it's more than just an animal! In any case, thanks for seeking clarification, especially as a dog-lover, I can only imagine your horrified/shocked face at reading my opinion. 

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• Options
    @MrsCaliRN I was honestly just curious, not horrified. I grew up on a farm - a proper functioning, technically for-profit operation - so I completely understand relating to animals in different ways. And I completely get what you mean by people losing sight of the human/animal distinction. 
  • Options

How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

8 weeks, raspberry 

2. How are you feeling?

morning sickness started over the weekend, it’s sporadic, the worst was two nights ago at 1 am.

other than that, boobs sore.

3. Any appointments this week?

nope

4. Rants/ raves/ questions?

ready for my appointment to see baby growing and do the gender test

5. GTKY: What is something you hate that people love?

A lot of popular tv shows, Big Bang Theory, This is Us, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead,The Voice, American Idol, and such.  But I like other tv shows.

• Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @disneybaby84 Oh god I HATE Big Bang Theory with a fiery passion. The other shows I can understand someone liking (and I like some myself), but BBT? There is nothing appealing about it whatsoever. Unfunny and unappealing in every way.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Yes! Another BBT hater here. From a self-proclaimed geek/nerd at that. I just don't find it very funny. Same thing with Friends. Maybe I am broken?

@becks_726 for me personally I am not really an animal person. It's all the hair, the smell, the poop, the barf, the drool/breath/licking, the incessant noise, the ruining your shit, the always all up in your face, etc. Dogs just happen to be the most extreme offenders, but also the group that other people seem to be most passionate about, like they are better than people and can do no wrong. I have no problem with dog lovers but when that's all people ever talk about is how great they are, it really turns me off.

I know it sounds hypocritical because all the things I complained about pretty much can apply to children, and I love children. I guess I just never got anything before out of a relationship with an animal to make it worth it. I have a cat, but really it's because DH is an animal lover. He wants a dog so bad and I am dreading getting one.
  • Options
    @notthecheat those are very real complaints. :D 
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 9 weeks. Baby is the size of an eastern tailed-blue butterfly.

2. How are you feeling? Less nauseous yesterday, so that was nice. Still exhausted though.

3. Any appointments this week? Nope. MH and I are touring hospitals and birth centers this week though. We’re trying to decide where I want to deliver, then pick a care provider who practices there. 

4. Rants/ raves/ questions? I’d love for food to sound tasty again! 

5. GTKY: What is something you hate that people love? I’m another who dislikes dogs. I’m totally fine with people obsessing over their animals and seeing them as part of the family, I just think dogs are kind of gross. My two kitties are fine though. :)