Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk and Questions - Month of July

2»

Re: Chart Stalk and Questions - Month of July

• @mzl1 I think I'd go with FF's crosshairs, especially because of the OPK + and EWCM. Try to take your temperature at the same time to get a better chart :)
  • @meggyme Yup, they seem to be the same person. I noticed that too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard the same from ClearBlue, but then it becomes so confusing if you have 1 day of low temps after when ClearBlue thinks you hit your peak. You don't know if it was a fallback rise or if you still haven't O'd.
  • @moose1100 - I regularly get my peak reading about 2 days before I see a temp shift, so I often have not only one, but two low temps after a Peak. Especially if you caught the peak right when the surge was starting and it was a longer surge before O, or your temps are slow to rise (not everyone has a dramatic uptick exactly on O day). There are various explanations. But this is why it's always important to keep tracking CM, temps, in addition to OPKs. The best take on everything is with as much information as possible, not overly relying on any one sign.
  • @meggyme @nitnat007 I'm going to say yes to that as well.
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2018
  • @moose1100 @mzl1 Why are you posting the same chart to ask the same question under different screen names?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• because i first signed up for this site with my laptop, but now i mostly only use it when killing time on my phone, but I forgot the username/password associated w the original so i just made a new one
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited July 2018
    @moose1100 Did you also forget that you were let know that one off posts were frowned upon? I remember you from the IF boards. You posted over there quite a bit. Just thought I'd let you know that this community is different here. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Possible TW

What kind of tests are there to check the health of your uterus/cervix?  I have had 3 D&C's total, so I am a bit worried about scar tissue and cervix strength.  
  • @holly321 *TW D&C’s I think one of the biggest concerns post-D&C is uterine adhesions (Asherman’s). My understanding is you can see indication of the adhesions on an HSG or saline sono, and if they detected possible adhesions a hysteroscopy is the best way to see detail. I’ve had two D&C’s and was told my saline sono looked good last week. I don’t know what to say on the cervix question though. End TW*
  • edited July 2018
    Post deleted. Apologies. 
  • Hello! Posted last month for the first time and so grateful for the feedback I received. I've some questions about BD timing. We're cycle 3 TTC, though many months of NTNP before deciding to give it a proper go. We were trying for SMEP this month but have scrapped it as we're having a hard time sticking to a schedule. I don't know if it's just us or what, but with occasionally working late, family stuff coming up, being just plain tired - it can be hard to rally on command! On the flip side, doing it only when we're up for it during our NTNP months wasn't really working either :neutral: (roughly 2 x weekly). How do you all deal with this? Are there 1-2 fertile days that are non-negotiable and you both make it happen regardless of what's going on? Do you try for every 2-3 days and hope for the best? Is it okay if we manage to do it a few times a couple of days before O is confirmed, and none the day before/day of O (what this month is looking like). Wondering how the info from my charts over the last few months may be able to guide us? Would welcome hearing your experiences! 
  • @lilly91613 I am sending you a PM.  I had a stillbirth.
  • @zamora_spin, thanks for the reply! I have been having overly heavy periods, which it soundslike lack of or light periods sound more concerning.  I may still mention it to my OB.
  • @flory_2018 Statistically there’s not a huge difference in success rates between couples who BD every day and BD every other day leading to O. In theory as long as you BD at least one of your most fertile days (-2, -1, O) you should have a decent shot. You never know how long you’ll be TTC, and BD’ing because you have to is generally wearing. 

Anecdotally, what we usually did was (at minimum) every other day BD starting about a week before I thought I might O/or when I started getting fertile CM. *TW pregnancy - I have gotten ku four times and in one of those cycles we did only every other day, and the other three times we also BD’d at least three days in a row including -3 to -1. End TW*

How confident are you on your cycle tracking, and how regular are your cycles? Knowing roughly when you O will give you a better idea when to amp up the BD.
  • edited July 2018
    Post deleted. Apologies.
  • @zamora_spin Thanks for the reply. I’m at the start of understanding how my cycles work. Last month and this month were a bit different though, and these are the only 2 months with temping to confirm O. Last month O happened the same day as + OPK and this month I’m on day 3 post +ve and O hasn’t shown yet on the chart. I think where we made a mistake was front loading BD daily as soon as fertile CM started (5 days ago) and this month that period was longer than it’s been in previous months (2-3 days)—hence burnout. I think EOD is worth a try, with some extra if/when OPK goes + and if we can manage it. Gotta try to stay a bit more relaxed. Started yoga this month so there’s that  Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

*double post: accidentally posted under old account. Wrote to the bump admin about this - I seemed to have an existing account when I tried to signed up, which I'd not created for the bump and turned out to be carry-over from the knot (which I'd signed up for years ago before I was married). Anyway, I scrapped it because I couldn't figure out how to change the user name (which they created for me) and there was a delay in admin replying to me. I didn't realize tho that passwords were saved for original acct so was logged in under that one. Gah. Have resolved this and from now on won't be an issue. I see someone else did this and it wasn't awesome - so hopefully this gives a bit of context. 

• @flory_2018 I also tend to have long patches of fertile CM (watery starts way before I O, and sometimes even EWCM well before). I think the approach of EOD until +OPK, then any day with +OPK and the day after, is a good one. Also, you probably know this -- after you O you won't be able to get ku, but it can be hard when you are first trying to track to know precisely when you O, so it's often good to wait to stop BD'ing until you are sure you have O'd. 
  • @zamora_spin this will be the goal. Slow and steady :smile: Thank you again. 
  •  @flory_2018 I would really suggest joining in on the daily threads, depending on where you are in your cycle.  It can really help to have someone to commiserate with during what can be a difficult time.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Dumb question that I know has been asked probably a million times.  But I have read that the chances of getting pregnant on O day itself aren't actually that good.  Is there any truth to that that you guys know of?  I sometimes see conflicting info online.
  • @sparklingdiamond I can't remember who posted these graphs, but the sources were cited with them (but I didn't copy them). Does anyone remember where/when this was posted or who posted it?

• @sparklingdiamond This is the table I go by, from YourFertility.Org - I'm sure opinions vary as I've heard you can technically get KU on O+1:

• @luckywife10 and @literatureandink Thank you!  I like the ones that say 33% chance lol.  Not the one that says 8!
  • @sparklingdiamond I think it's basically a crapshoot! When in doubt, HIO! Can't hurt! :smile:
  • @lulu1180 I will do that! But I'm entirely new to message boards and hate to ask--- what are the daily threads? :neutral:
  • @sparklingdiamond TW* pregnancy and loss mentioned...when I got pregnant in Jan/Feb, my DH and I BD only once that FW, and based on temps/OPKs I ovulated that night/the next morning. The pregnancy did end in a loss but figured I’d share my experience end *TW
  • @luckywife10 I think I posted those charts.  @sparklingdiamond The chance of getting a BFP from sex on O day will vary depending on the study, as you can see from the chart luckywife posted above.  Each of the studies varies by at least a little bit (and some of them vary by quite a bit more).  I'm not science-y enough to be able to read more about the studies and understand what they are saying so I can't evaluate them all that well, but I can try if I find the time to look into them later.

@flory_2018 The daily threads are the ones that are posted daily to discuss what part of your cycle you are in; the WTO (waiting to ovulate) and TWW (two week wait) threads.  You can lurk one of the two and see exactly what they look like; I have posted in them on and off since I joined about 2 years ago and they really can be great for getting some of your frustrations out regarding TTC and commiserate with the other amazing ladies who frequent the boards.  These threads (along with the daily GTKY-getting to know you) are where we really get to know each other better.  I have made some really great friends that originated on this board thanks to threads like that.

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 I am so sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing!

Thanks for all the help ladies.  
  • @lulu1180 I will do that! Thanks :)
  • So I'm actually reading TCOYF (should have read it a long time ago!), and she says that if you're temping and charting and had good timing for 6 months with zero pregnancies to seek medical intervention at that time regardless of age. I feel like doctors won't take me seriously if I go in with my charts after 6 months and being under 35. Is this really a legit recommendation? 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa That’s one of her recommendations that I would ignore.  I’ve seen quite a few ladies get their BFP after 6 months but before the year.  

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2018
    @general_organa My doctor wouldn't refer me until the 12 month mark. Also *TW* in spoiler
    Especially since you've had a successful pregnancy.
    Also, as lulu said, I got pregnant at the 8 month mark. 
  • @general_organa It has been a long time since I read the whole thing, but I feel like I remember her mentioning that after 6 months you could at least do a SA to rule out any issues with your H.  I think a lot depends on your doctor and your individual circumstances. When I talked to my OB at the 7 month/8th cycle mark, he was awesome about talking it all through. It was clear he could tell I knew what I was doing and knew we were tracking everything. He gave the rundown again about the stats of couples trying for a year but given that we would still like two and my age (almost 34) he completely supported starting the testing at whatever pace we were comfortable with if we wanted to be more aggressive at helping move things along.  We did the SA then and SHG shortly after and he gave us RE recommendations to call if we were ready (not a true referral). Obviously we pumped the brakes for a couple of cycles here after first meeting with the RE, but I was happy to have a doctor supporting it even though we weren’t at the one year mark yet. That being said, if I were younger I would be giving it more time. 
    *TW*
    It took us 9 cycles for our first but we did have my H do a SA around the 7 cycle mark that time too.  

• Thanks @lulu1180 and @marebear15

I reread the section in TCOYF last night and she says to seek help after trying 4-6 cycles with tracking ovulation and having good timing. This is our 4th month so I think that's why I'm freaking out a bit. But that advice definitely goes against everything I've read here and elsewhere on the internet, so I wanted to check in with y'all. 

@sparty18 which doctor ordered the SA for your H? MH doesn't even have a general practitioner right now so I'm not sure where we would start but I'm a little suspicious that this could be an issue for us. He works from home and now that it's summer, his office is getting up to 80*+ and he's in there for 9-10 hours a day.  :#
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa This time, my OB ordered the SA (gave me referral scripts for two different places for him to choose from) and last time my H's primary doctor ordered it.  You could call your OB to ask about it if you are most comfortable doing it that way, otherwise make him go find a PCP and get a physical and he can discuss it there.  If it makes you feel any better, I doubt that his hot office is causing any issues, his body will help regulate what needs to be kept cooler.  ;)  
  • @sparty18 good to know, thank you! Maybe I'll call mine and see if they can do anything like that. 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018