December 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms • 6.30 & 7.1

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Weekend Randoms • 6.30 & 7.1

• So, this weekend in Echo’s House Is A Disaster - Broken A/C. Our lame excuse of an air conditioner busted last night, and what little Freon remained is now back in the atmosphere. When it was over 80 degrees (F) indoors, DH tried opening some windows. Guess what’s painted shut?! All but one window. Awesome. So while he attacked windows with a paint scraper & hammer, I started making this beauty

Damp towel + drying rack + box fan. 
    Is extra cooling when ice packs are laid in the two towel channels. Dogs are optional, be advised that dogs will sleep nearest the towel, thus blocking cool air. It’s okay though - they can’t take off their fur coats. 

Just wish we we packed more towels though, our two towels have jobs now and neither are for use after showers. 
    We already have a guy scheduled to replace the A/C next week, so only a few days of this. 

Tell me all of your good news!!

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • @echo-charlietango ugh I'm sorry, we're having the same problem. And they quoted us way higher for a replacement than they did a month ago, so we plan to call and talk to the guy we usually deal with. He's helped my family for years so we're hoping he can do what he told us a month ago. Not sure when they'll be able to replace it...so we took a spontaneous trip to my ILs this weekend 2.5 hours away lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Is The Bump loading super slowly for others?

Slow day over here. I might try to be wild 'n crazy and write 5,000 words today for fun. It doesn't hurt to have a goal, right?

Last night we started The Disaster Artist. Anyone seen this? Or The Room? It's sort of nuts. But also hilarious.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon yes, but I just thought it was my ILs wifi lol. They live out in the middle of nowhere, so I didn't think much of it!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• hkomhkom member
    @PensiveCrayon My app has been horrible lately! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• lexidawglexidawg member
    edited June 2018
    Yes to the slow app! 

Quiet weekend around here. My one goal is to go to Old Navy and get their draw string linen pants. I had a pair that i had to trash and they have been getting me through the weekends!

edited for spelling 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Camped out at the in-laws until Thursday morning.  @echo-charlietango and @cecilB93 heir AC is also broken but at least they have a pool.  My MIL is already driving me nuts.  She acts so helpless.  Like...they usually go to subway so ordering from McDonald's she doesn't know what to do. We asked her to pick up 8 egg McMuffins (while the rest of us were working in the yard and she was sitting around, I might add)...this is not hard.  Much less complicated than a usual subway order. And she acts like we asked her to lead an expedition to Mars or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @boobopgirl man I wish we had a pool...if we did I would have been okay staying home lol. But...there's a Motherhood Maternity down here and we're going now! Idk if I'll be able to get much, but DS must have pulled my shorts out of our bag, so I need clothes for this weekend lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• +1 for annoyingly slow app! I turned off my phone’s Wi-Fi, that marginally helps. 

@hkom Have fun today! Please feel free to share photos. 

@PensiveCrayon  I haven’t seen either, but I wish you luck with your goal today! 5K is more words than I have cranked out all month :smiley:

Speaking of photos, @tumbleweed-1 I miss your cat. 

Anniversary
  • The odd thing is that The Bump loads perfectly on my desktop. Hmm...

As for the writing quest, my current word count is zero and my kid is about to wake up from his nap. Ewps.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • I’m still fighting the kids to take a nap. I’m planning to look at a minivan this afternoon. The day feels overbooked and even the dog is getting on my last nerve. (We have a tv delivery and installation going on right now and she’s= my dog is acting like a fool.)
  • @hkom Hi Sandy-pupper-face :heart:

Anniversary
  • We took our LO to an amusement park today to play in the water park and ride a few ride.  For some reason I thought I would be able to ride a few rides but all of them had warnings if pregnant.  hubby did a great job squeezing on some tight kiddie rides.  I risked it and held DD on the carousel and the train.  Lol
  • @maureenmce Yay rally! Wanted to go and bring my Nugget so badly, but with a nasty sinus infection and a 110* heat index, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Resolving to make extra calls this week to make up for it. 

Plans for the weekend here are to take it easy. We have window units so the house isn't unbearable, but we did definitely head to the grocery store for a bit just to be in real AC. And the neighbors have offered us the use of their pool tomorrow; we may take them up on that.
  • ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited July 2018
    @Katzalia lol I never named my car & it’s not a nice or fancy car, but it’s full of memories. I did not trade it in yesterday. I may today. 
    edit- words 
  • KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited July 2018
    @Activebaby I feel like sentimental attachment to cars has to come with wear & tear — like the Velveteen Rabbit. 

I am out for a Sunday morning coffee date with my 4 year old and we had to go to a different coffee shop because Starbucks is closed. The employees are locked out standing on the street. Weird. They were supposed to open more than an hour ago. 
  • ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited July 2018
    @katzalia does your 4 year old like Starbucks? Mine loves it! He likes the sausage egg and cheese on an engliah muffin - but only the meat cut up lol. I am a little averse to coffee now, but it’s niceties I have a little buddy who likes to go to Starbucks with me. 
  • @hkom Hope the garden tour went well.  It looks awesome!

@echo-charlietango @CecilB93 Ugh sorry about your ACs.  Losing AC during this kind of heat is never fun, and being pregnant while that happens has to make it worse.  I am definitely more sensitive to heat than I was pre-pregnancy.

@katzalia That is one productive day.  I am feeling more energetic too... but not that energetic!

@maureenmce Congrats on finishing up a tough week of work, and that is one cute protester!  I wanted to go to the protest in DC on Sat, but I had my SIL's baby shower to go to.

Like @runrinserepeat this weekend was a baby shower/parents visit weekend for me.  It took me over 4 hours to get to the shower from DC and it was held outside in a park.  It was quite hot but otherwise fine.  Then instead of driving another 4+ hours home alone, my mom drove my car back to their house and I stayed overnight.  I'm here now and we're going to go to some garage sales to look for baby stuff, then I'll visit my aunt's for a swim, and then drive the 5+ hours home.  I really hate driving, especially by myself.  I could stay another night and am tempted because my mom's dog is due to have puppies today.  Her temp did not drop yet, which is how they tell it's going to happen soon in dogs, so it looks like it won't be until tomorrow.  My husband and I will be up here in another two weeks for a wedding so we'll get to visit the puppies then.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Activebaby she likes hot chocolate for sure! She hasn’t really had much else there yet. I am still averse to coffee but somehow a mocha is okay. 

@kadeephd well I am making up for yesterday’s overactivity today by lounging on the couch and intermittently helping Poppy with her building project. Sounds like a fun weekend for you! I don’t usually mind driving but long distance driving while pregnant is no treat, between frequent pees stops, sudden-onset fatigue, and of course the MS. And yay puppies!
  • hkomhkom member
    @kadeephd I expect lots of puppy pictures!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Katzalia I'm the same with coffee too! Generally averse, but can get down with a mocha (I like single shot, whole milk, no whipped cream). Starbucks has Café Misto now - it's just half drip coffee and half steamed milk. It's new to the menu and hits the spot when I need to make a Target visit.

@kadeephd Oh, puppies! I've never witnessed baby dogs coming out, but I've been on hand for some steaming fresh kittens. Hope the birthing goes well, and that your drive back home is uneventful and swift!

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango and @CecilB93 thank goodness for fans and portable AC units!  Hopefully your actual ACs are fixed soon.  Our central air unit gave us a "system malfunction, call technician" error on Friday!  We called and the soonest they can come is in a week.  Fortunately, cool air is still coming from the vents so we are not AC-less yet.

Yesterday we were supposed to go to my cousin's baby's first birthday, but she has hand foot and mouth... so we passed on that. I felt guilty, but my babe's safety comes first now.  Instead, we went to SO's co-worker's pool party and we announced our pregnancy to them :)  it was SOOOOO hot, I spent most of the time inside, but still had fun!  Today we've been relaxing so far, then later moving some boxes to the new house, grocery shopping, and making jerk chicken, plantains, and rice and beans.  I cannot wait for food!
  • hkomhkom member
    @scaredunprepared Oooohh you may have just inspired an upcoming meal(s).  I have a pork shoulder chillin' in the freezer just itching to be jerked or mojo-d.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom I've never tried mojo-d anything! What is this delicious sounding yumminess???
  • hkomhkom member
    @scaredunprepared Oh man, my favorite marinade ever!  I usually do mine Cuban style, which is bitter orange juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, and olive oil.  Salt and pepper of course.  It varies a bit across the Caribbean.  I sometimes add some hot peppers to mine. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom omg that sounds so good!  I'll need to try that asap!
  • I have hit a new level of exhaustion and I think 40% is mental. Lol.  After a very long day yesterday, amusement park, going a way party and being the DD til 1:30. Then today we had Papa over for pancakes, went to two open houses, Kohl’s and 3rd Birthday Party.  After all that, this evening our realtor showed us another house and I think it’s probably the one.  Now I am freakin out over finances and the idea of listing this house, yikes!!
  • Well I made it home and the drive was not too bad.  No puppies yet!  I'll post a photo when they are born.  They actually aren't super cute right away (IMO) but get cuter after a few weeks.  I kinda think the same thing about babies!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LLynde5 congrats on finding the house that makes you freak out about how to make it work. Such an exciting (& scary) time. 

@kadeephd glad you made it back okay. 
  • Ugh so hot over here! Sorry about the broken AC’s. It was 95 yesterday and close to 100 today. I can’t believe how miserable we all are when it’s this hot. 

Yesterday DD and I went to a 1 year old birthday party and spent the whole time in the kiddie pool. Today we spent it in the pool at my house and my SIL. The heatwave here isn’t supposed to break until later this week, and I am not looking forward to feeling gross. 

The app wasn’t working for me at all yesterday and I totally planned on not being such a lurker this weekend. 
  • @Jens_Hoes the app was acting up for me yesterday too. Nothing loaded all day but seemed to work fine since last night. 
  • Odd question... is it "okay" to share on social media that you've registered for you child, and where you're registered at? My friend (yes, my friend, not me) did this on her facebook account and most people loved it, replied to her and last she said, her registry has almost been completely purchased (she is due in October). I won't lie, I thought about doing this, but felt.... strange about it so I haven't. Thoughts?