January 2019 Moms
Options

Ask a STM w/o 6/30

2»

Re: Ask a STM w/o 6/30

• Options
    Products I love: Solly Baby Wrap (!!)-it’s much thinner than a Moby, and in So Cal was much more comfortable to wear. Target brand diapers-cheap and we’ve never had an issue with leaking. I like to keep things pretty simple, so we don’t get to many “fancy” items. 

We we took both of our girls out pretty quickly. DD2 went from the hospital to the grocery store. And DD1 was at Disneyland at 3 weeks old. I wore both girls in the beginning to keep germs away. 

My biggest suggestion would be if you can keep your older one in daycare or school while you’re on leave, do it. I took DD1 out for the summer and it was exhausting. She had no way to get rid of her energy and we were all ready for her to go back in September. 
  • Options
    Nursing camis are life! Those with a cardigan and scarf will be my go to mom uniform the first few winter months. 

For down there, my fav product is the “Earth Mama Angel Baby” brand bottom spray. It had the same feeling/effect as the dermaplast but was just a spray so it didn’t have that goopy feeling to me. That plus the peri bottle helped me survive both times!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @achays11 I second Target diapers!! We stocked up on huggies and pampers (2 month supply of each from Amazon when they give you the 30% off discount when you make a baby registry) but I didn't stock up on any newborn diapers. People say that sometimes you don't need more than a week or two of them (or, like my husband they go right into size 1...DH was a 12lbs baby) and at the hospital you can take a bunch home with you. So then when we needed more newborn, we got the Target brand diapers. We actually liked them more than the Pampers from the hospital! We have always turned back to that when we needed more between Amazon subscribe & save shipments.

PSA: Amazon Prime Family membership gives you 20% off diapers and wipes
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    Hey stm's, anyone travel internationally and get insurance? Im going to Canada in September and just wondering if some sort of travel health insurance is smart? 
  • Options
    ers7924 said:
    Hey stm's, anyone travel internationally and get insurance? Im going to Canada in September and just wondering if some sort of travel health insurance is smart? 
    @ers7924 I've done about 3 international trips the past year and haven't purchased separate insurance. I took two personal international trips with my family and used a credit card that came with travel and travel health insurance, I took one trip for work and was covered through work for that trip. I would check out different credit cards- if you haven't already purchased airline tickets, etc- as many of them offer insurance. If not, I would look into some sort of health insurance, especially being pregnant. 
  • Options
    My favorite product for a newborn was the “my Brest friend” nursing pillow. It actually has a strap so you clip it on. It’s like a baby shelf. When sitting back in a recliner I remember  being able to nurse while also eating a sandwich, i just put my plate next to baby on the pillow. I’d keep a hand in him to make sure he didn’t roll off, but didn’t actually have to support him at all. It also has a pocket that is the perfect size to hold a canned beverage haha

Pregnancy Ticker