August 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk Check-in 06/26

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What are the big things you have left to do before baby comes?
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Check-in 06/26

• Options
    edited June 2018
    How far along are you?
    30+5

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, diabetes, IC 

I went to L&D to get checked out last Friday because i thought i was leaking amniotic fluid... they said i wasn't (thankfully) and I had my regular OB appointment this morning, she sounded great :smile: I do miss my weekly ultrasounds but starting July 9th I get to start the twice a week AFI and NSTs 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: my employer is adding an extra 4 weeks to our parental leave benefit starting  August 1. so as long as I can keep her in until August 1st i'll get a total of 18 weeks of leave instead of 14 weeks. (yay for extra bonding time with baby girl!)

Rant:  i hate packing even in the best of circumstances... 30 weeks pregnant and June in Arizona is def not the best of circumstances

we have to move and set up her nursery still  :o  oh and i still have to pick a pediatrician .. i literally have no time to do all this  :#
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 that leave time sounds amazing.  I'll have 12 after the baby but that's all.  I can't imagine getting 18.  Hold on to August 1 baby girl!

How far along are you?
    32w4d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, GD insulin controlled, semi hypertensive, marginal placenta previa, breech baby

Thursday growth scan, BPP, NST, and regular OB appointment (at least I think we have a  growth scan, I know for sure all the others)

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Raves-mini surprise vacation was a success!  DH was thrilled beyond belief.  We had a great time!  Also work surprised me with a little shower yesterday, it was so nice. Lots of diapers and wipes!

Rants-stupid fireworks! omg I just want to sleep.  

So much lol and we are probably having baby around July 26/27 (eeeew).  

We have the nursery painted and that's about it.  Rocker and dresser are on their way and should be here by the end of the week, so that will help.  I have semi organized piles of things just laying around the room at this point since there is no furniture.  Having the rocker will help me decide book cases (waiting to see how it fits in the room) and then will order those.  We had a work shower yesterday.  Saturday is our family shower.  Then July 7 is friends shower.  After that I'll go crazy with my completion discount and hopefully be done!  

We don't have car seats in yet (waiting to do completion discounts to buy), which makes me nervous.  

I haven't packed a hospital bag.  

Yea, I don't have much done lol
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good morning ladies!

How far along are you? 32+5

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes and AMA

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Started NST and fluid monitoring on Monday. It went great - baby was super cooperative and the tech doing the fluid check gave us a quick look at baby's face and said that she sees hair on her beautiful head! NST every Monday and Thursday and we have an additional u/s this Thursday. Things are getting so real!

Rants/Raves/Questions? None except I've hit the super uncomfortable part of pregnancy already. I had to switch to sneakers instead of ballet flats for work so I'm kinda slumming my way through the next few weeks.

GTKY: What are the big things you have left to do before baby comes? omg everything lol! I think the only really big thing we need now is the monitor and we're even thinking of just getting a small audio one for now then getting the video one once she's moved into her own room. But I got a few loads of nb and 0-3 month clothes done and folded. I really want to get my bag and DS's stuff together soon-ish but I keep putting it off.

@harleyquinn0621 - that's amazing about the extra leave! Keep cooking baby girl! Packing is the worst, I can't imagine how hard this must be on you. I hope you can rest and put your feet up soon! Also about the pediatrician - I called the ped office that was in the same building as my OB from the hospital room after DS was born and said "are you taking new patients? Great, we'll be in on Tuesday." So don't feel bad about putting that off for now! And a lot of hospitals will have a pediatrician on staff if you haven't set one up yet so they can see you for your follow-ups.

@Stac928 - So happy you guys had a great vacation! And omg July 26/27, that's so exciting!!!! I hear you on the fireworks - up until last year we were in a county that allows fireworks and it would drive me bonkers! I hope that it settles down soon. I hope your showers are wonderful!

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    34w0D

Why are you high-risk?
    Carotid Artery Dissection, POTS, GD

Mon/Thurs NST; Thurs AFI and DR

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm counting down the days to my c-section

Finish sorting her clothes and get the room the rest of the way set up

Nov 27th BFP Due 8/8, C-Section scheduled 8/1

Killian 12/1/14

Finley 11/16/12

Dougie 6/11/08

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @Stac928 yay for a successful mini vacation! i'd kill just to be able to get into a swimming pool right now lol 

@mrsbubbles-2 did your OB ask you constantly if you chose one? mine is putting a lot of pressure on me to have one picked by 36 weeks  :#:#

@angelinmind your c-section is so close! and it sounds like you've gotten way more done than me ....

i can't wait until i can see the nursery with the furniture in it- at this point i've given up on having a cute 'theme'... i just want to know we are ready for her
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 - My OB asked at every appointment if I had picked one - I pretty much told her every time that we're going to call the one down the hall and whichever ped in that practice has availability is the one we're going to. Since the ped office is in the same building and network as my OB, MFM, Family Med doc I already knew that they took my insurance and what the policy was for appointments. When I was booking DS's first appointment the nurse on the line explained a bit more about how the office worked, like that they offer Saturday appointments and they have 2 lactation consultants on staff that I can request to see at any appointment or call and they can get me in as a walk-in. I didn't meet our pediatrician until that first appointment but we adore him and checked with him to see if he's available for another new patient when this baby comes!

That was a lot of rambling lol! So yes I got the same pressure from my OB but I still waited until DS was here before calling and booking his appointment. I'm a serious procrastinator though. Since DS was in the NICU for a few days after I was discharged I had some extra time. But I think they wanted us to have a ped lined up before they would discharge us. So it wouldn't hurt to call around.

If your hospital is part of a network of offices I'd start there. If you're planning on breastfeeding see if they have an LC on staff. Ask about their vaccination schedule and who your baby will be seen by if your pediatrician isn't available. Ask about weekend and after hours contacts - this was the biggest one for me because the first fever didn't happen during normal business hours lol! It was like 3am and I was freaking out about giving DS Tylenol because I wasn't 100% sure on the dosage.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 32w+4d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, 2 MC's, cerclage, corrected uterine septum

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Not this week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? We had our second pediatrician consult on Tuesday and really liked her so I think we're going to go with her. We have another one today, but I'm gonna call and cancel I think. The other pediatrician came highly recommended by my friends, so I feel comfy just choosing her.

Rant: I'm pretty tired of the varicose veins and the insane heartburn. If those two things could go away or at least lessen just a bit, I think I'd actually enjoy this pregnancy.

Rave: Only about 3 more weeks until my cerclage comes out! Woohoo!

Hmm. We have almost everything bought. THere's one more big thing to get, then we have to put everything together in the nursery. I'm trying to do it a bit at a time, but there's not much progress happening. I need to clean and bleach all the used cloth diapers I got, then set up car seats in the cars, and decorate the nursery walls. Then I think we'll be pretty set! 

@harleyquinn0621 Yay for extra leave!! That sounds amazing. FX she stays put until Aug 1!

@stac928 Wow - that date seems so close!! (Maybe because it is!) So exciting that your LO will be here soon. 
  • Options
    @hezzer78 oh gosh- cerclage removal!!!!!.. i'm 5 weeks from mine now.... so excited to get this stitch out of me! but a little scared of it being done in office with no pain meds :/ 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @hezzer78 - 3 weeks!!!!!! Woooo Hooooo!!!

All my rambling up there ^^ reminded me - GD / Diabetic moms, ask your OB about what the hospital practice is for testing baby's blood sugar after birth. For our hospital they tested DS's every hour and started supplementing with formula at that first hour. When his sugars were still low after 12 hours (I think it was 12???) they recommended for him to go to the NICU for the glucose drip. I was completely unprepared for this and it hit me extremely hard. I blamed myself, I hadn't slept since the night of the induction, the guilt was horrible. My OB had said that there was a possibility of needing the glucose drip and the NICU stay but I think I interpreted it as though those occurrences were rare. I figure I would put this out there - I would hate it if anyone was caught off guard!

Also, before they come in to check baby's blood sugars it helps if the heel is nice and warm. They actually have to work kinda hard sometimes to get a good drop from baby's heel that will read on the monitor. So keep those tiny little socks on and if you know they're coming soon hold baby's foot in your hand for a few minutes.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 The doctor who place mine apparently puts in notoriously difficult to remove cerclages so my OB wants to do it in the OR. I have no idea what the difference is between the office and the OR (I'm going to ask at my appointment on Tuesday) but I suspect it's just access to better equipment and pain meds. I've heard that most of the time it's no big deal - not any worse than a pap smear. I'll be sure to report back though :)
  • Options
    I haven't played on TB in months but I'm bored at work and wanna play and unfortunately I go here now. Hope I can still sit with you all .

How far along are you? 32w6d

Why are you high-risk? Taking insulin for GD 

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? I had a growth scan on Monday and she's looking really good, measuring 3 days ahead but that's nothing to be concerned about. I had my first NST on Tuesday and have another one tomorrow and I also met with the nutritionist yesterday. I'm soooo tired of the doctor's office. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just tired of the OB's office and it's not going to get better any time soon. I understand the purpose of NSTs and I'm all on board for making sure baby is healthy it's just annoying to have to do them so often.

GTKY: What are the big things you have left to do before baby comes? Install the car seat, pack a hospital bag, and that's about it.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 thank you. It never occurred to me they would be monitoring the baby’s blood sugar. I don’t know why but it didn’t. I’ll be sure to ask next week. 

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    Jumping in here to side track a bit. I got down graded from HR to slight extra since baby is 3-4 weeks large.

@calimom2524 how are things going with your parents?

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 34w 3d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, pregnancy induced thrombocytopenia 

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? I had blood work drawn to check my platelet count which is now 68 (75 two weeks ago, so not that much lower). Will have blood test at every appointment, which is going to the be this Friday.

Rants/Raves/Questions? When I was having my blood drawn at my last appointment, the lab person (who I have previously worked with in another department) asked me if I was having twins (which I am not). I am already not feeling my most beautiful and then this woman made this comment, I had an emotional walk to the car. I then felt dumb for crying over someone who is obviously dumb in the first place. I will be talking to my OB about it, you should not work at an OB/GYN office and make those type of comments. What is I was not even pregnant and had some major medical issue going on? 

GTKY: What are the big things you have left to do before baby comes? The baby's room! We have all the stuff (and got it painted) but been getting our two girls' room together since they will be sharing (only a 3 bedroom house). That is being finished up this weekend and then onto baby boy's room.
  • Options
    @ave1012 I’m sorry she made that comment. People can be so thoughtless and hurtful. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    Jumping in here to side track a bit. I got down graded from HR to slight extra since baby is 3-4 weeks large.

@calimom2524 how are things going with your parents?
    Thanks for asking! They are so so so much better. It took a while but we are finally all in a good place. My mom has done so much for baby girl, it's adorable. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker