December 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check In week of 6/25 (edd 12/25-12/31+)

I didn't see this one started yet, so I'm going for it!

1. How far along are you?  How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling?  

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

4 GTKY: Talk to me about your dream house - What are the must-haves? What style speaks to you? What is one thing you'd change about your current living situation if you could? Additional points for pictures. (Stolen from a different check-in)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Due Date Check In week of 6/25 (edd 12/25-12/31+)

• Options
    tunneltunnel member

13ish weeks.  I still haven't figured out the days thing.  Baby is the size of a lemon and as tall a tube of lipstick!

2. How are you feeling?  
    Pretty good!  Some pregnancy insomnia, which led to a 4:30am online shoe purchase this morning  :#  I told H that it must be because I'm carrying a baby girl :)

I ended up in the hospital last week with what ended up being a subchorionic hemorrhage.  It was so scary, but fortunately everything is fine!  Got my NIPT results back and MFM 12-week scan done and everything looks great!  Also found out that we are having a baby girl!  This will be the first granddaughter/niece in our immediate families so everyone is pretty surprised and excited (us included).

4 GTKY: Talk to me about your dream house - What are the must-haves? What style speaks to you? What is one thing you'd change about your current living situation if you could? Additional points for pictures. (Stolen from a different check-in)  We are currently in the process of selling our house.  I love our home but wish it was closer to family.  Must haves are an open-concept, in a great school district, with lots of outdoor activities.  On our wish list is double ovens and a done-up backyard paradise.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tunnel sorry about your bleeding! I have an SCH too. Was that your first ultrasound or did they not mention it at a previous ultrasound? It seems a little weird that you're 12 weeks and that was the first time hearing in it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tunneltunnel member
    @gorgeousariel - it's a pretty small SCH that was not detected in previous ultrasounds or even in the hospital.  Maternal Fetal Medicine finally found it in my follow-up.  They feel confident that it will resolve on its own.  It was a weird feeling to be hoping for a SCH, but it's way better than the alternative!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. How far along are you?  How big is baby?12+2, hard boiled egg

2. How are you feeling?  Good, I had a little bleeding last Friday/ Saturday. *Tmi it was very brown old blood. I had been constipated and things finally started moving. I thinking was blood from me straining. But it's gone now. 

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? We finally made it to my sister's and we are enjoying our time here. DD and my nephew are about a year and a half apart and it's so cute to watch them play. She just follows him around everywhere. Oh and her new favorite thing EVER is slime.....yay! Lol. And snuggling a 3 week old isn't bad either  ;)

4 GTKY: Talk to me about your dream house -What are the must-haves? What style speaks to you? What is one thing you'd change about your current living situation if you could? Additional points for pictures. (Stolen from a different check-in)

I don't have a particular style that I love but I guess a big southern house comes closest. A big front porch, open kitchen/ living room. I would like a pool but don't want the maintenance so a neighborhood pool is good. Our house is a typical little Florida home- two bedroom, two bath. It was fine and great for our first house and when DD was little but with baby coming and a growing collection of stuff, it's getting too small. We have kinda looked at places over the past year but prices have risen so much since we bought 4 yrs ago. We bought our house for $120k and to get into a 3bedroom house we're looking at spending $250k. So over $100k more to add a a bedroom...yikes!  

• Options
    @tunnel oh ok. Yes it is weird to be hoping for that but it is so much better than the alternative. Glad it's small and should go away on its own ( and soon I would think). Mine is large and they told me up to 20w. 
  • Options
    @tunnel I’m glad you are ok

14 weeks, almost 3 1/2 inches 

2. How are you feeling?  
    The same as last week. Feeling very not pregnant. 

Rant- Having roommates is hard. We are into week 2 of 10, and already our lifestyle differences are so appearant. Like how loud is acceptable for a tv in an apartment with neighbors all around me at 10pm. And not to run my dishwasher when it’s only half full because it’s a waste of water. This better not ruin our friendship, lol. I don’t think it will. I hope not. Rave- I get my niece on Thursday to begin end of kindergarten epic kid summer vacation! Ah! Full house here pretty soon. 

4 GTKY: Talk to me about your dream house - What are the must-haves? What style speaks to you? What is one thing you'd change about your current living situation if you could? Additional points for pictures. (Stolen from a different check-in)

Well, it would be nice to own a house some day, maybe. But my avocado toast! :D I’d love to have a place with built in bookshelves, that would be cool. And a much bigger kitchen. Having some kind of yard would be nice, and maybe bay windows or some other type of sitting window. I’d like some interesting beams or other top cut out structures to have places for my cat to chill. 

• Options

13 weeks today! Size of a lemon! 

2. How are you feeling?  
    Great actually. A bit more energetic than previous weeks. :) 

Not much, finally DD is getting back to normal after having a fit at day care drop off nearly every day. Since SO moved to GA to set up our new house, I think DD thinks I'm going to abandon her or something at daycare. Poor girl, she misses her daddy so much. 

About to move to a badass house in a couple months! I do love the wrap around porches though, which my new house does not have but that's not a deal breaker. I love that it's all on one level. It's a 3 bedroom, near the beach (<10 mins) and a huge yard. :) 

@gingersnap-mama That house looks awesome!!! 

Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    mcgeevamcgeeva member
    edited June 2018

Peach - 12 wks 6 days

2. How are you feeling?  
    Okay - still nauseated. When will it end???

Wonder after NT tomorrow what is next..Anatomy Scan? 

This is odd but I'm in my dream house. Husband wants to move so it'll kill me to do so when we do. I saw this house when we were looking 5 years ago and my husband hated it when he walked in. Said it wasn't homey etc. Well months later our contract fell through on another place and while I was out of town he went back to look at this house and put a contract on it and that was all she wrote. Took a lot of work to get it fixed up since it had leaks, flooded basement etc. But I couldn't ask for more honestly now that we fixed it up. Most important thing for me is a open kitchen to living room since that is where I spend all my time when we are home. All I would want differently that he wants as well is a "community feeling" which we don't have. Other owners are original and have old or kids that left the house. We want to be in a neighborhood you chill out front with a drink while the kids play.  Second want would be a front porch. 

Sorry for you ladies that had bleeding. That's always scary :/

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    @tunnel and @gorgeousariel I am sorry about your SCH’s. That would be so scary!

@tumbleweed-1 It is always eye opening to live with someone and to see how they are in their natural habitat. I hope in the end, your relationship becomes stronger.

@trucksntutus I am sorry that your DD is missing her dad. How long will you be apart?

@mcgeeva  Most likely you will have a 16 week pee in a cup, weigh in, and Doppler Check and then the anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

13 weeks, so the size of a matchbox car

2. How are you feeling?  
    The headaches are killer and I am always hungry, but fx the nausea has passed.

My DS has been so cuddly lately, which is awesome!

4 GTKY: Talk to me about your dream house - What are the must-haves? What style speaks to you? What is one thing you'd change about your current living situation if you could? Additional points for pictures. 

I love the community we live in, but I wish we could find a more open concept home. I would love a pool, a fourth bedroom, a full basement, and a larger master bath. I also love the idea of a huge wraparound porch.

• Options
    Oh...I thought of something. I would love a house where it's close to work without going broke to pay for location to avoid the hours in traffic I drive daily. NOVA traffic is a damn nightmare! Hence why most people here that have 2 plus kids are stay at home moms. That is not my life though so until then I keep on driving

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    trucksntutustrucksntutus member
    edited June 2018
    @katy0990
    We've been apart since the end of May, and will reunite with him at the end of August once we move to the new house in GA. :) So, a few months. We FaceTime a lot but she def still misses him as it's not the same. 
    @mcgeeva
    Yes. Definitely a dream house near work and daycare would be a HUGE plus. 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    @trucksntutus That must be so hard. I hope the next 2 months go quickly!
  • Options
    trucksntutus yes that should be on my list! I do two drop offs now which I can't make both! Flipping nightmare!

• Options

1. How far along are you?  How big is baby? 12w2d, Plum.

2. How are you feeling?  Very pregnant. I have a legit bump already. It's hard and I can't hold it in, so I know it's not just fat. Haha. Still nauseous occasionally. Baaad heartburn all day. BAD RLP anytime I stand up or sneeze. I mean, take my breath away pain. But at least it only lasts a few seconds, but I swear things are ripping down there. I also have sciatica pain for the first time ever last night. I didn't have it with my first. It's crazy how much more pregnant I feel now that I did at this time with my first! I mean, I like it...but I also feel like this will be a LONG pregnancy full of symptoms. But I still feel blessed and very excited!

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? We finally told the last family members (my husbands cousins) via a photo of DS wearing the "Big Brother" shirt. I have an appointment this Friday and if all looks well, we will be announcing on Facebook with a photo of DS in his Big Brother Shirt, and I am thinking to taking the photo next to sidewalk chalk where I write "Big Brother Dec. 2018). I can NOT hide this belly anymore, so If I run into friends that don't know yet, they would totally be able to tell.

4 GTKY: Talk to me about your dream house - What are the must-haves? What style speaks to you? What is one thing you'd change about your current living situation if you could? Additional points for pictures. (Stolen from a different check-in) I really would love a ranch home. My moms house is super lovely, and I would totally take their house. 4b3b house, big pool, 5 acres of land, barns...it's just so nice and that's what I want.

Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Options

13w5d today. Baby is the size of a peach!

2. How are you feeling?  
    Good. Just waiting for these headaches to stoooppppp.

Raves: Telling DHs side of the family about our pregnancy over the weekend was fun. This weekend I FINALLY tell my mom and I am SO EXCITED!!! It's been so hard not talking to her about my pregnancy. I've almost spilled the beans so many times.

Helpful bit of info: I told my midwife about my headaches and she said they should be going away soon - which I figured because around this time they stopped with DS as well. Anyway, she said that taking B6 and magnesium before bed can help. I've already been taking B6 but I started with the magnesium Tuesday night. We will see if it works. She said up to 400mg is safe.

Honestly our first house was almost perfect and if it wasn't in the middle of nowhere, I never would have moved. I love wood floors (or the fake wood, either is fine). I would love a nice walk in closet (which DH is SLOWLY building me). We had his and hers closets at our old house and mine was a walk in. I miss it. I also want a nice big kitchen with plenty of counter space for cooking and baking. I'd love one of those islands where the stovetop and oven are right there, with the hanging vent above it. I'd like dark colors in the kitchen and stainless steel cabinets. A single story house with two and a half baths and four bedrooms.

Right now our house has a mostly finished basement that's carpeted and has a guest room down there. Our laundry room and my treadmill are down there as well, in the unfinished part. Our main floor is wood. I've got an office up there as well as the kitchen, dining room, full bath, and living room. Upstairs are three bedrooms and a full bath. We don't have a lot of closet space which I HATE! There were supposed to be nice little closets I the hallways but the idiots that redid the house before they sold it put vents and stuff in there. Our house is nice, but it's just not for me. We've been there for a little over two years and we both want to sell it. I just don't think we could get what we owe on it, let alone a down payment on a house.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options

@tunnel Congrats on the girl!! School district is definitely something we were concerned with when we moved. I'm glad everything ended up okay!

@tumbleweed-1 I don't feel very pregnant either, except for the fact that my clothes are getting tighter. I love bay windows!! 've always wanted a bay window.

@truckntutus Aww. That's gotta be hard on her. :( Does she get to facetime or skype him?

@mcgeeva Yup, anatomy scan is next. I've learned the hard way that if both spouses aren't in love, don't buy it. DH liked our last house but not the location. I thought it would grow on him but it didn't. I didn't love our current house but he did, but I kinda liked the location. I want to move already.

@katy0990 Incase you don't read my post.. my midwife says that taking B6 and Magnesium before bed helps with headaches. I take B6 in the mornings and I've been taking magnesium at night the past two nights. Yesterday I woke up with a headache and I had a small one this morning but it has gone away. I am not sure if the magnesium is working or not. She said it also help with constipation and insomnia too, so there is that!

• Options
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie his & her closests are great! The apartment we are in now has two closests in the master bedroom. I didn’t know what I was missing, lol. We’d always shared a closet before, and my SO has a lot of clothes. More than I do- he’s the stylish one, not me. I could hardly make space for dresses before. Now that I have my own closest I have blouses and sweaters hanging up too. Tiny luxuries. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one with minimal symptoms. I know some women have easy pregnancies, my paternal grandma did. Maybe it’s genetic? Idk if that can be passed down on the paternal side though? A little more than a week and I’ll have my next appointment. It’s just hard not really having symptoms, but not being able to feel the baby yet. It’s a weird limbo where I can’t eat whatever I want, but it isn’t obvious to anyone that I’m pregnant. 
  • Options
    AdorkablePixie  truth! I will be moving in my near future! 

• Options

14 weeks - a peach

2. How are you feeling?  
    N/v are not too bad  but the cold I caught from my daughter has gone into my sinuses and I have miserable sinus headaches. Trying all the things to prevent needing antibiotics for sinus infection. 

I told my supervisors at work. I probably would have waited another month or so, but I am having to have extra appointments so it’s easier getting time off approved if they know. It feels good to have that out there, and now I’m less stressed about appointments. 

Also this week has been crazy busy. I’ve hardly had a chance to lurk let alone post!

We always thought dream home would be a single family home, but then we moved to super-expensive urban area, and decided short commute + great school district was more important. So we have a lovely condo in a 3-flat   charming old home, recently redone, with quirky artsy touches that I love. I wish we had a little more space (like a guest bedroom and more of a garden) but otherwise I totally love our home. In everyday life it feels spacious and lovely and indulgent. There are a few more things I want to modify at some point, but mostly just small touches here and there. 

• Options

@tumbleweed-1 YES! I want his and her closets if we move again. I'm not a fan of sharing my closet space. lol I'm at that awkward phase when it looks like I'm gaining weight, but my bump isn't really showing yet, so it's not clear whether I'm pregnant or not. lol

• Options
    +1 for awkward bump phase. It’s odd but I can’t even remember when I really had a proper bump last time. 20 weeks? No idea. 
  • Options
     I keep waiting for my husband to ask me why I look significantly more pregnant by the time he gets home than I do first thing in the morning.
  • Options
    tunneltunnel member
    @katzalia - If I remember correctly, bumps start to look really cute around 20 weeks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    They grow by the end of the day with bloat! Mine is already out there and round.