December 2018 Moms
Options

The Official SALES/STEALS/DEALS Thread

Re: The Official SALES/STEALS/DEALS Thread

• Options
    Target is having deals to compare to prime day, but it is tomorrow.
  • Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited July 2018
    @AdorkablePixie I was thinking it might make sense to wait until black Friday for a car seat.  We don't need it yet and it will just be taking up space, so if it's not a really amazing deal we should probably wait.  I'm tempted to buy one anyway for some reason!

ETA: Although black Friday is only two weeks before my due date... maybe it would be good to have everything ready by then just in case.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Black Friday is a good idea for big ticket items like car seats. I’m due later in December, so unless baby comes too early I should make it past thanksgiving fine. Oh..., I wonder if I’ll be able to eat a lot then? Won’t my stomach be smooshed?  :D 
    Prime day is noon if you are on the west coast! I thought it was 3pm, and my SO pointed out that it’s 3 eastern time. 
  • Options
    @kadeephd I think they recommend installing the car seat 4-6 weeks before your due date, in case you deliver early. The risk you run is if you don't have your car seat yet, they won't let you leave the hospital with the baby. (If you are delivering at home, then this isn't as much of an issue other than your check-up with your pediatrician a few days after delivery.

I keep looking at the clock for Prime Day deals. I've found a few things I might be interested in... depending on how big of a discount they are. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd  if you know what car seat you want, you could always purchase it earlier in November and then buy it again Black Friday and return the original. That way, you have one, but you can still get the deals.
  • Options
    Ooh, the Chicco Next Fit Zip is a prime day deal! I scooped it up because I have been dying to replace our carseat with an easily washable one with our potty training/still accident prone toddler. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else having issues with Amazon?  Everything is taking forever to load, and I finally decided to buy an Instant Pot, but when I added it to my cart it never appeared.  I keep getting an error page too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So, prime day sucks. Their website crashed. I just wanted to look at my baby registry to see if anything on it went on sale and it won’t load. It keeps giving me an error message instead. 
  • Options
    Yeah, my registry won't load at all, but I was at least able to buy the car seat. I hear tons of people are having issues! Sucks!
  • Options
    Ugh how annoying!  What a waste of time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited July 2018
    I’m a big believer in getting your car seat prepared early and getting it checked if you aren’t familiar with install. H and I aren’t idiots, but we sure did a bad job installing ds1’s seat. I’m so grateful for the car seat techs who taught us. Also it’s hard work to install a car seat and I expect even harder if you are far along in your pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @kadeephd @AdorkablePixie I found this site that details some of the Prime Day baby deals and it has a section on car seats. Might be worth a look...https://www.babylist.com/hello-baby/amazon-prime-day
  • Options
    I got a Lillebaby carrier (among too many other things) earlier through Prime Day. $90 & change for a complete all seasons. 
    There are a couple of fanatics on my N16 bmb and they say anything in the 30-40% off range is great. 
  • Options

@hoosiermam-2 Oh my gosh, that is am amazing deal!!! I wish I knew about it, not that I need another Lillebaby, but I don't have the all seasons one!

@kadeephd Yeah, two weeks is waiting a little too long I think. We already have an infant car seat, so ones I am looking to purchase won't be used until baby outgrows the infant seat.

I didn't get in on any of the Prime Day deals. Never got a chance to look at any of them!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie It is still going on all day today!
  • Options
    Lillebaby Essentials are 35% off. Most are waitlisted now (i didnt click through all of them), but I usually have good luck when I'm on a waitlist. 
    Other models are still on sale too. 

• Options
    Big-ass pregnancy pillow for $33. Looks divine.
  • Options
    Kohl’s is doing 20% off online and free shipping over $75. I got some maternity shorts for $15 and tops for $11.
  • Options
    This code popped up in my FB feed today!

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited August 2018
    So this can’t be right — but it looks like Target has the Spectra S1 listed at $24.99. Am I totally misreading this? See pics in spoiler. 

So this can’t be right — but it looks like Target has the Spectra S1 listed at $24.99. Am I totally misreading this? See pics in spoiler. 

Edited bc stuck in the spoiler 

• Options
    @Katzalia I just checked and it looks to me like you're right! I can only add to cart from the search page though, when I click on the item itself nothing comes up so I'm guessing it's an error. If I wasn't getting this free through my insurance I'd definitely buy it and see if they fulfill the order! 
  • Options
    @lippy625 I figured it’s worth a try! My insurance doesn’t let me pick which pump I get, so I was planning on buying one anyway. 
  • Options
    @Katzalia Did you get it? After I posted I decided to try and get one since for $24.99 I could have an extra for work but when I was almost done checking out it came out of my cart and now says temporarily out of stock. 
  • Options
    Well damn. I guess I should order an S1 too :lol: So curious to see if they’ll fulfill it!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Wow! I may try it, too. My insurance only covers S2, 9 plus, or other brands :(
  • Options
    If anyone is looking for maternity jeans, there are a few pairs on Old Navy’s website down to $17.50 and they’re available in most sizes. 
  • Options
    @Katzalia - did you get the Spectra?  I wish I would have seen this - I so would have gotten one for my office at that price!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Motherhood has some nursing bras on sale in the $8-$12 range.
  • Options
    @katy0990 Thanks for the Motherhood tip.  I've been meaning to get some bigger/comfier bras that will work for nursing too.  I'm totally confused about the sizing though -- I tried to measure myself using the instructions they provided and I'm coming up with 30DD, which is actually smaller than my regular size of 32DD.  My bras in that size are not fitting so well so I'm guessing I need to go up.  And either way, the nursing bras seem to mostly come in small, medium, and large, and the sizing for small starts at a 34 band.  Wahhhh.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd size up at motherhood. I usually wear a 34DD and I wear a 36DD in my nursing bra from there.
    Now the one I have from there does have an underwire as I wanted one with decent support for when I was out in public. I have a couple of the other ones but starting in a 34 band isn't a huge deal because as someone who is chesty, you're not wearing those for too much support anyway. 
    You can also get cheap fabric (no wire) feeding bras at wal mart! 
    I would generally wear those under a tank to make it a BF tank because I could just unclip my bra and haul it down. 
    And another tip for busty ladies - old navy's nursing tanks were the most budget friendly and fit the best thanks to adjustable straps. I bought my usual size (small) and somehow my boobs still fit. I just ordered another! 
    The jessica simpson motherhood ones are nice but in my opinion not worth the money. I still wear it but I prefer my old navy one and it was a fraction of the cost. 
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    @kadeephd As a fellow busty lady. I also hate the small, medium, large sizing. I would definitely size up. It gives a bit more room in the sides, which you’ll want to pull the cup down comfortably.
  • Options
    @katy0990 so agree on sizing up. At least for me the ribcage expansion is a real thing. I also didn’t get a ton of nursing tops right away — I got a couple different ones in varying sizes and once she arrived, I had enough to last until I knew which ones really fit and could order more online in favorite brand/size.  
  • Options
    @kristah2 @katy0990 @Katzalia Thanks for the sizing advice!  Sadly the $8 ones I picked are only available in a small.  I'll go back and look again.  I'm going to take a look at Old Navy too for nursing tanks too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd I sorted by size and was able to find a few for $12 with my actual cup size.