December 2018 Moms
Options

The Official SALES/STEALS/DEALS Thread

Re: The Official SALES/STEALS/DEALS Thread

• Options
    Dang it, I meant to post this sale earlier.  Today is the last day for Bamboobies 30% off site wide sale and a free pair of nursing pads.  I ordered a nursing bra, a multi-pack of pads and some nipple balm and saved $21, got free shipping and the free pair of pads.  Pretty decent deal (and I'm supporting a local company that my friend works for)!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Carters is having a sale on all their stuff basically. 50% off then another 25% off $40
  • Options
    Gap is having 40% off everything on their website including maternity. 
  • Options
    @texas_t does your Walmart have maternity stuff in-store, or did you have to order online? I can't find any maternity stuff in the stores by us. And I feel like leggings and tanks are the perfect things to get from Walmart!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    H&M is having a Labor Day sale- free shipping and some kid's clothes up to 60% off. 
    https://www2.hm.com/en_us/kids/deals/deal-alpha.html

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver The 2 or 3 Walmarts I've been to have a teeny tiny section (like half a round or one or two poles worth) of leggings, a couple of jeans an dshirts and some nursing stuff. I usually find it by the undergarments or the sleepwear!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver My fav maternity leggings last pregnancy were from Wal Mart, and I feel like our (very limited) section was taken out. Ours was also by the undergarments and sleepwear. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver Our Walmart has a super tiny section. It was really picked over but I got some good clearance deals to get my postpartum clothes stash all set!
  • Options
    Thanks, @texas_t , @westcoastfoodie, and @mamajudec2018! I will def have to check out the undergarments section- I didn't even really think to look there.
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver I just picked up a couple more pair of leggings and one more pair of yoga pants. They were in the clearance section of the nightgowns!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @kadeephd I've never heard of a carcseat trade in event.  (Not that we have one to trade in). That's pretty awesome!
  • Options
    Zulily has some really cute maternity coats.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @scaredunprepared have you joined local moms or parents groups online? In my area there would be lots of people willing to hand over an expired carseat if you were clear you were not going to use it in a car. 
  • Options
    @Katzalia thanks for the tip. I'm all over Facebook marketplace. I'm actually not looking for a carseat at the moment as we have an infant seat I got as part of a travel system when BRU was going out of business.  But I'm going to keep this in mind for when we need to upgrade to a convertible carseat!
  • Options
    @kadeephd Thank you for the heads up about the trade-in!  I have been meaning to check our infant seats to see if they have expired and this is a great reminder to do so!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tunnel, same. I am pretty sure my infant seat usn’t expired now, but if it’s going to expire before baby turns 1, I plan to get a new one. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @katy0990 Thanks for the Target car seat trade-in info - it doesn't apply to me, but I super love recycling and shared it with others.

One of Amazon's Deals of the Day (16 September) is Owlet Smart Sock baby monitors - 20% off, so it's $240 instead of $300USD. I don't think I'm going to buy one...hope that I'm making the right decision for us :grimace:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @maureenmce I’m so glad to hear your day that. I bought a Snuza from BRU before they went out of business and I’m really hoping it helps ease my anxiety this time. Did you find it easy to slip on when baby was asleep? Did you use it places other than the crib?
  • Options
    @katy0990 I loved our Snuza! It's soooo easy to use! Before we'd dress and swaddle for the night, you just activate it and slip it on their diaper! We typically only used it at night because he wasn't a great napper and the would pretty much only sleep on us. 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Thanks @texas_t ! I’m hoping I won’t constantly feel the need to check on this LO’s breathing!
  • Options
    @katy0990 We loved the Snuza and found it easy to use. DD was pretty much exclusively a crib sleeper, so I think we only ever used it there, but it was really helpful for me, peace of mind wise.
  • Options
    @lippy625 I didn't realize that was possible!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie the brand we picked was Child Craft if you are still looking. Their website isn't super easy to navigate, the set we picked out doesn't show in their "shop" but I searched by product number (that I got from BBB's website) and every piece came up doing it that way. 
  • Options
    temmetimetemmetime member
    edited September 2018
    PSA PinkBlush has 50% off clearance items today & I cannot choose which nursing robe I want!
    Any input to help an indecisive hormonal lady out? Pic in spoiler 

Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
    edited September 2018
    For those with other children: today only at target (online and in store) 40% off halloween costumes and in store they have halloween candy on sale with cartwheel :# 
  • Options
    I was so excited about the pink blush sale but it looks like all sales are final and no returns are accepted. I was pretty bummed. 
  • Options
    @temmetime I like the bottom left. Cute!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @temmetime my vote is for top right!
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes looks like I’m headed to Target after school today, thanks! 
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes I just came here to say that!
    I got two big bags of candy, a Gryffindor Quidditch robe for DD and black Hogwarts robe, Gryffindor scarf and wand for me. :D I appreciate that she's at the age where I can dictate her costume! hahaha  
  • Options
    @maureenmce @texas_t @katy0990 +1 for the Snuza!  I had PPA also, and DD's sleep was a huge source of anxiety for me.  I bought the Snuza when she was 3 months and I slept so much better.  The only thing that will be different this time around, is we will be using cloth early on.  We didn't start cloth with DD until 8 months and I don't know how well it will still touch the belly being clipped onto cloth.  We shall see!

@temmetime Those are all lovely!  Are you planning on using it at the hospital, or after you get home?  If at the hospital, I would choose one of the darker colors in case you get blood on it (assuming you don't have a c-section, of course).  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @clbness kind of both I guess. I don't plan on using it until after baby is here, but I know the blood doesn't end there :D I'm going to probably go with a darker one, good point!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited September 2018
    @temmetime  I like the top left, especially as @clbness mentioned with all of the post delivery bleeding. Also, the robe should work for after a c-section, too. I preferred robes because they hid my belly binder and they didn’t press against my incision.