Trying to Get Pregnant

W To the O Fri-Yay!

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited June 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:  
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: W To the O Fri-Yay!

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: Lots

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: BBT,CM,OPK,HIO

R/R: Happy Friday Ladies!! :)

CS/Q:  nope
  • @thrgirlwhowaited @nitnat007 sorry to see you ladies have rejoined us.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: All the letters- PNV, BBT, OPK's, green tea for CM.

R/R: TW: pregnant ladies rant, sorry, but I've gotta...
    OMG Everyone I know is pregnant! My bff told me the other night (on CD1 coincidentally) that she's pregnant after 1 cycle. Now I feel so much pressure to get pregnant so that we can share that together, but I know that doesn't help anything. I'm trying so hard to be happy for her, but all I feel is jealousy. Sorry to have to unpack that here but it's really weighing on me.
    CS/Q:  Nothing to see...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @thegirlwhowaited and @nitnat007 CD1 is the worst. Sorry you have to come back to this side of things.

@meggyme I totally get your rant.....

Found out last week my older cousin in expecting #3. And....they were not even trying. They were done. I'm happy for them but at the same time, wtf. They were done and I'm over here trying and trying and trying.....

I'll play along since I'm not stuck in court today! 

Month/Cycle: 11/8

CD: 13!! In FW and expect O in 4 days

WAYDTGKU: BBT/charting, OPK, CoQ10, Prenatals, HIO EOD, soft ups begin next session (so tomorrow)

R/R: We are all done spending time in court rooms. We didn't get the exact outcome we were hoping for but the next best thing and some "safety" precautions so we don't have to go back for quite some time, likely never. Oh and!! New nailpolish!! Guys, this stuff is amazing and dries super fast. I didn't smudge at all! Came in my ipsy bag and im sold and had to share!

CS/Q: Nothing happening here (any different from the other day) but I have 1 question. For those who track CM, when do you consider it a viable sign after BDing? Sometimes I disregard the whole day but then sometimes it seems like if I'm still having EW the following afternoon/evening that it's legit. I just cant make up my mind how to handle it.
  • @meggyme I'm sorry you have to work through that. I know it's hard hearing other people's success who haven't had a hard time conceiving. It's okay to be jealous and it's okay to let it upset you, but just don't let it consume you. There is so little we can control on this journey and optimism is one of those few things. As much as my own advise tastes like vinegar some times. I hope you have a good weekend to take away from some of that stress!
  • @prpl11butterfly I'm glad you got a good outcome from your court hearings. And I love that nail polish color!

@thrgirlwhowaited thanks. It's less the jealousy and more the pressure and maybe even competition. I feel the need to double down on TTC and I know that's not healthy for me or our relationship.
  • @nitnat007 for some reason I didn't see you in the thread till I refreshed. Sorry you started today too. I could feel the cramps this morning as I woke up and knew. It does make for a crappy start to the weekend. Hopefully they can get you in! I probably won't have my HSG till next cycle. I have blood work Monday and then I don't meet with my RE for another ultrasound until July 5th. Then after that they can schedule the HSG if I don't turn a test the end of this cycle.

@prpl11butterfly thanks. sorry you had to get similar news. I feel like every week I see an announcement (probably not, but seems that way). I've even stopped getting on a lot of social media because I just want to avoid it all. 
  • @thrgirlwhowaited & @nitnat007 sending creepy Internet hugs - CD 1 is the pits. 

@prpl11butterfly so glad that court is concluded and you guys had a good outcome!

@meggyme Totally get it... 

I feel like every time I log into fb someone is announcing another pregnancy. A cousin just announced her 4th... even my stylist announced she was prego when I went to get my hair cut this week... I think maybe I’m just more sensitive to it since we’re trying. 

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: pnv, b6, cm, charting 

R/R: happy Friday ladies! Here’s to everyone having a restful and wonderful weekend!

CS/Q:  meh

• vl_16vl_16 member
    edited June 2018
    @nitnat007 i feel you about the weekend visitor. Ugh. FX for some answers during your appointments. 

@meggyme I'm sorry you're feeling so much pressure. But it sounds like you're very self aware. I hope you get some nice R&R this weekend. 

Month/Cycle: benched for 1 - 2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: the BD, PNV, and upon return, temping, as my cycle is longer and I need better info. Meant to start temping today but need a BBT therm bc I lost mine in the move. 

R/R: I just want to stop traveling for work and be home a while.
    But I'm truly grateful for my time home with DH who has been so understanding and supportive about my med changes. Had a margarita yesterday for the first time in a month. A++ 
  • @thrgirlwhowaited @nitnat007 @vl_16 Sorry to see you all in WTO. CD1 sucks!

@meggyme I am in the same boat. TW *other people’s pregnancies
    It seems like everyone I know is pregnant. Literally everyone in my office just had a baby or has a pregnant wife this year. There were three due this month alone! I’m happy for them but it leads to me getting asked every five minutes, “When are you going to have one?” 

@prpl11butterfly Im so glad court went well and the safety measures are in place. Also, love that nail polish color! 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPK, sexy times

R/R: it’s Friday!!
    Whew! It feels like I’ve been away from my Bump ladies forever. This week was crazy with work and the house. I’m glad for all the overtime because MONEY, but exhausted. And, we get the keys to our new house today!

CS/Q:  

• @TJtheGoat Congrats on the new house! That is so exciting! Is it pretty move in ready or will you have house projects to do?
  • @meggyme Thank you! It’s technically move in ready but it’s built in 1959 and super original. Original shag carpets, wallpaper, hall bath, etc. so I have lots of projects on my list. BF is overwhelmed I think. I can post pictures later today if anyone is interested in seeing before photos of our sweet little house. 
  • @TJthegoat Yes please! It's amazing what a new coat of paint and fresh carpet does to a place.
  • @TJtheGoat yes - definitely share pictures! 
  • @TJtheGoat super exciting about the house!
    I know what you mean about all the questions. I hate when people who don't know we've been trying ask when we are going to start having kids. In my head I'm thinking if you only knew it's not that easy, but their ignorance is their bliss in this case.
    Shag carpet! Woo! lol I remember my grandmother's house having shag carpet when I was little. I think house projects are so exciting.
  • @thrgirlwhowaited I agree, I love doing house projects. I refinished the hardwood stairs under the carpet and it turned out so good, I almost smile everytime I walk up them.
  • With so many of us on CD1-4, can we have a TTGP drinking thread tonight?
  • edited June 2018
    @nitnat007 that is frustrating. I'm not because they confirmed 2 cycles ago that I am ovulating. The suspicion now is that either my eggs, even though coming out, are not good enough quality to implant and keep because some cycles I get a lot of symptoms like huge swollen boobs, hard sore nips, etc. and some cycles I get absolutely none. Which my RE said was concerning that my PMS symptoms aren't the same every cycle, but my hormone levels checked out okay before. Or it's that one or both tubes are blocked. But they want to test for ovarian reserve first, then do another u/s to confirm the one from my OBGYN, and then they'll do the HSG. So lots more waiting unfortunately. 
    Possible TW in spoiler
    My aunt at 30 for her first TTC got to 12 months and then was lucky in that she made her HSG appointment and then turned a positive test the week before and got to cancel it! FX we all have the same luck!
    *edited for grammar 
  • Sorry if been MIA lately- CD5 here and nothing changing. I haven’t been commenting as work has been insane but I’m reading! Hopeful to catch up with my comments later but wanted to wish you ladies a happy Friday! :) <:
  • @nitnat007 I tested out the water theory on lunch today. It was very apparent there was 2 different fluids based on the reaction to water. I would have to say that's sound scientific evidence for me. Thank you!
  • @thrgirlwhowaited So much waiting! It really is the hardest part I think. Sometimes I feel like that is all that we are doing. FX that you get some of those answers soon and that your tubes are all clear. That one scares me honestly. FX for us all that we can be as lucky as your aunt was. 

@prpl11butterfly Glad I could help. 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1 this go around, been at it a year overall

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Supplements, Temping, CM, HIO, and will start progesterone after O

R/R: Rave: I have felt like hell all week, but am finally feeling human again today. Getting my hair colored today because there wasn't enough time Tuesday due to my drastic cut. Rant: The feeling like hell made enjoying DH &I's mini vacay difficult. 

CS/Q: My chart is a little wacky this month. I had a huge spike on CD11, but discarded it beacause I didn't sleep well that night. Then I forgot to temp on vacay, because well I wanted to sleep in. This morning I had a HUGE drop, I don't generally have that big of a pre O drop, but who knows. Chart in spoiler if curious 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat That sucks that you didn't get to enjoy your vacation, but I'm glad you're feeling better.
  • navetenavete member
    @vl_16 @nitnat007 @thrgirlwhowaited I’m sorry to see you all here in WTO. CD1 is such a bummer :( FX for this cycle  <3

@meggyme That rant is totally understandable. What a confusing mix of emotions. 

@TJtheGoat Congratulations on the house! And please do share the pics :)  

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: BBT, Wondfos, CBAD, CM/CP and the not so easy but all important BD  :# 

R/R: It’s Friday! And I finally got a surge on a Wondfo, feels like a huge accomplishment LOL.
    Rant: I’m kicking myself for my negative attitude this cycle. Seems from the beginning of WTO I’ve been acting like I’m already out and now that it appears I might actually O, I’m upset about my timing.
    *TMI, BD*
    We tried last night and a good 20 minutes in, MH had performance anxiety. Instead of being patient and loving, I rolled over to sleep and muttered “maybe next month”. UGH Why am I such a b*tch about TTC  :s 

CS/Q: My chart looks a mess. The only data I have confidence in is the Wondfo OPK. Hoping to get those lovely crosshairs after a few more days of temps...

• Happy Friday ladies!

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: Nothing really. Getting ready to go to san diego for the weekend. Lots to do.

CS/Q: I'm sure glad I listened to my instincts and hio last night. Such a weird chart this cycle compared to last. Temp drop this morning so I didn't O yet. We plan to hio again tonight on our drive. That should be fun! 

This cycle

Last cycle

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @navete thanks. Hopefully you get CH in a few days and can get some more bding in tonight or tomorrow morning. If your positive OPK was today, I'd keep trying through tomorrow. FX for you!
  • navetenavete member
    @suzycupcake Omg I’m headed to San Diego this weekend too! I had put it in my rave but took it out bc my post was too long LOL. HIO on your drive...y’all some crazy kids. I may be just a tad jealous  :lol: Enjoy the ride and safe driving!

@thrgirlwhowaited Thanks! I texted MH right after the positive OPK and told him to prepare for tonight LOL. Now I just have to make sure I’m relaxed and not too pushy with him...
  • @navete I relate to the rolling over and mutter. The other morning when my husband had performance anxiety, I rolled over and sighed. I was half asleep though, to my credit, but it was wrong of me to do. Ttgp is rough. Sometimes, some cycles are harder than others. You'll get there. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• **TW: Children in sig**

Month/Cycle: 1?  Waiting for period after going off the pill mid-pack (note- bad idea) on May 11th (would have been CD 16 I think).  Definitely not pregnant because I’ve been peeing on sticks like every day.

CD: waiting for cycle to hopefully come back soon

WAYDTGKU:  TBD. last time we ended up doing IUI w/ trigger since my husband’s vas were inflamed and sperm count had gone down to zero after a previously successful vasectomy reversal.  Vasectomy and VR were between our third and fourth kids.  Might be able to make it happen on our own this time, since his count was decent and motility high as of a few months ago

R/R:  can’t really complain.  I feel like these are first world problems compared with what others go through in the fertility world.  My heart is with everybody who struggles while TTC.

CS/Q:  I’m trying to learn about charting.  Please teach me your ways if you’re bored and want to point me in the direction of your favorite apps/resources.  

Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • @mill1020 you'll find that many of use the Fertility Friend app. It has a lot of great teaching tools and info as well. Best of luck!
  • @TJtheGoat I would love to see photos. Our house was also built in the 50’s and the only updates were don’t in the 70’s so it’s always one project after another and overwhelming almost always but I LOVE it. It’s really fun getting to make a house a home with all your own touches and making memories while doing it. Congrats! 

Solidarity to the other people’s success rants. I think Facebook is the enemy of bliss while TTC for that reason.

M/C: 6/6

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: adding BBT and OPKs to CM may start taking some primrose 

R/R: My garden is doing amazing. Left for camping and came back 4 days later to everything doubled in size! It’s so fun to see it after being gone. On the down side the city started drought water restrictions so hopefully I can keep it alive on less water.

CS/Q: Do most of you take your temp orally or vaginally? Pros/cons/ accuracy to each? 
  • vl_16vl_16 member
    @meggyme :D yes please. I'd love a thread for the WTOs and of course whomever else. Just picked up white claw (I'm ready for the burbs XD).
  • @JLaVO888 I think most do oral. I just switched to vaginal this cycle. Here is the link to my charts. All my previous charts were oral. The difference speaks for its self (to me).

https://FertilityFriend.com/home/6c5a2d

I was shocked to see how consistent things are this way. I think it will also help me in the tww. It takes away all my variables (mouth breathing occasionally and things that cause a change in room temp) so there will be less wondering (or denial....).
  • @prpl11butterfly wow! That really is a big difference. I went ahead and did vaginally but I’m already bummed becuase I tossed and turned quite a bit and woke up a few times too. But a temp is more than I had before so I’m just going to go with it.
  • @JLaVO888 some nights I don't sleep well either. This morning I was laying in bed awake for a full 30min before temping.  I really haven't tried to correlate between restless nights and temp to see what difference there is. But i don't think it will be enough to throw off the apps calculations.