October 2018 Moms

Thankful Thursday

What are you thankful for?

Re: Thankful Thursday

• My brothers girlfriend being home for the summer. She's been hanging out with me a lot already since she's been home and I'm so grateful for something to do when she comes over. Not working has been the biggest struggle for me the last two months and will only get worse until these Babies come
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm thankful I made it to my chiropractor just before she left. Normally they are open till 7 on Thursdays but one Dr had her kid's bday party at 5 and the other had her kid's dance recital. I had no idea until after my adjustment when the Dr said "oh I have 13 minutes to get to my kids birthday party". I'm just glad I made it in time.
  • Thanks for posting today! 

I’m thankful for PTO. I’m currently on vacay and we went to the Grand Canyon today! It is breathtakingly beautiful! 
  • @kiwi2628 I lived on indian food first trimester. YUM. We had Thai last night, also YUM! Basically, any rice + meat + sauce dish is good in my book.
  • @nmadjeski My favourite indian dish is chicken korma...its like a creamy coconut almond curry and its soooooooooooo good. The classic choice is Butter Chicken, although if I'm being honest that's probably my least favourite. I prefer the spicy full of flavour curries :)

• @nmadjesk - All the Indian foods are tasty.  However, not all the Indian restaurants are.  Check Yelp! for suggestions.  Also, be aware that some Indian restaurants are vegetarian (great if you are, not so great if you really wanted some lamb or chicken masala).
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited June 2018
    @nmadjeski starting off with something simple like a chicken tikka masala and garlic naan is very yummy and safe. I also love saag paneer (or chicken saag), or chicken korma. I would stay away from tandoori or vindaloo until you know your heat levels better. I will say, depending on where you live, the indian food may suck, so if you live in middle-of-no-where Oklahoma, maybe pass on the indian till you visit one of the coasts or London
  • Thanks for the recommendations ladies! Off to Yelp! To find a place. :smile:

@chopchop25 I agree. I know I'm not the most active here, but I love being apart of this BMB for those same reasons! 
  • @nmadjeski If I remember correctly you're in central Jersey, right? If so, might be able to provide some recs, as you're in a sea of great Indian food there! Agreed with @kiwi2628 on starting with chicken tikka masala and naan
  • @kiwi2628 Thanks! 

@chopchop25 Yes that is correct. Thanks, I'd really appreciate the recs!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @chopchop25 I've been super emotional this week and your post made me tear up! 
  • @nmadjeski sending you a PM!
  • Don't worry @KFrob, I did too.