October 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Starting it because I have one.

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    WTF to my pressure cooker. I was all set to go make chicken in it for tonight's dinner. Apparently when DH put it away last, something happened and it's jammed. The lid won't unlock and come off. It's not on, because the plug is stuck inside. I have no idea what to do...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @dash83 YES! where did those random little facts go!  I used to check them everyday and read them to DH.  I keep checking the app in hopes that they come back (I'm typically on desk top at work) 
  • Options
    I lost my daily updates around 20 weeks :disappointed:

• Options
    Does this mean the daily updates are only for the first half of pregnancy? My husband keeps asking how big the baby is today and I’m like, “it’s still an endive!”
  • Options
    Wtf to myself. I just did not think about getting new siding on the house and what it would entail. It sounds like a construction zone in my house AND it's sooooo messy outside. I just didn't think of these things lol. Naptime will be interesting for 2 weeks. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @missmaehurt wait till one of the babies moves back onto up ur stomach after you eat a lot. You feel beyond uncomfortably full and can't do anything about it!! It's happened to me a few times after drinking a glass or two of water in a row..
  • Options
    dash83dash83 member
    @KFrob @jenchoo lol, same! DH loved the factoids, something we both looked forward to. So disappointed if we lose it after 20 weeks! 
  • Options
    dash83dash83 member
    So I just checked the ‘Bump Feedback’ section and it looks like they just stop size updates at 21 weeks as @SweetSweetTooth said. Gutted  :'(
  • Options
    +1 to always eating now. What the heck?!?! My lunch box for work every day is huge because I have to bring breakfast #2, lunch part 1, lunch part 2, and a snack so that I have smaller meals to avoid the heartburn. I'm eating almost every hour of the day now, it's ridiculous!
  • Options
    My WTF is to bureaucracy. We were supposed to have a new deck already done by now, but the stupid town environmental group wants more formal plans on how we will prevent erosion with our deck. Dude....we ALREADY HAVE A DECK THERE. Its just replacing it since its falling apart. 
  • Options
    @jemmerjams Baby needs to eat!!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    bel194bel194 member
    A day late, but I need to vent somewhere.  We just closed on our first home on June 1st and I got a call from our insurance company yesterday saying that they are cancelling our homeowners insurance policy due to the condition of the roof.  We got a really good deal on the house knowing that we would have to redo the roof right away when we moved in and had a hard time finding a homeowners insurance binder because of it.  They were the one company that said they could do it and then now less than 2 weeks later are cancelling it, unless we can provide a roofing contract in the next week, but the whole point of this was for DH and his dad to do the roof to save money (FIL has been a professional roofer his whole life basically) and now we are either being forced to go with a contractor or do a high-risk replacement policy.  I know it will work out, but I'm so pissed.  

And on top of this I came home last night to a letter from the DMV saying that DH's car registration is suspended due to an unpaid parking ticket from April.  And of course he thought it was hilarious. 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Options
    @krzyriver no kidding, she's a hungry little monster. I've gained like 5 lbs in the past week...which was probably much needed since I had lost weight from my stomach bug 3 weeks ago. I feel huge now!
  • Options
    I'm getting really annoyed I can't find my fingernail Clippers. I've searched EVERYWHERE and I can't find em anywhere. My fingernails are getting so long, I'm going to end up stabbing someone yet. I don't wanna buy a new set cuz I know it's here somewhere! Aaaarrg!
    My mom keeps saying she's coming over in the morning. Asks what time we get up so she wouldn't come too early, then doesn't show till lunch time. I'm not as strict on schedule since we're not in school, but we eat lunch around noon and nap, or rest, right after. DD-3 tends to get really cranky because it's nap time, so we just go for naps usually. She'll either just hang out or go home. If anyone remembers, she does have memory problems, but it's never been to where she forgets she's coming over. I don't know if I should just resign to the fact that this might be the new normal. It wouldn't matter as much either if she wasn't needing my help with some issues on her phone. She'll text a zillion times asking things that I don't know without looking at it so I tell her to come over. And now it's lunch time... And I'm exhausted.... My brain is seriously feeling fried right
    now. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    WTF bank? I got a notice from our homeowners insurance company that our bill wasn’t paid and that they sent two notices to our bank and still no payment. MH called the bank yesterday and they claimed they didn’t get it, so he called the insurance company and asked them to send it again, then called the bank back (since he was cc’d on the email) and the bank refused to confirm that they received it because “it takes 3 business days”.. 3 days to see if you got an email? Really?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    WTF to my laptop!!!  I’m in the middle of trying to find $200 in my non-profit’s books and the damn thing randomly restarts!!!!

(Also- WTF missing $200 dollars?!?  I must be tired, this is the third weirdness I’ve chased down on this tonight; they all make sense when I figure them out, but still freaking annoying.)

ETA: Not only did it restart in the middle of me doing something, whatever updates it is working on look like they’ll take half an hour.  What is really going to piss me off is when it squaks because it can’t find wi-fi...
  • Options
    WTF to my car. My alternator blew yesterday. Just thankful we made it to my SO dad's house without actually breaking down with DS in the car. It's getting fixed today though. 
  • Options
    Ooo that would make me really annoyed too! @mamabearcj
    My MIL will sorta ignore us too and I get really annoyed. We have a nephew that has a really rare syndrome that is a lot like autism. He'd be on the extreme side of the spectrum, doesn't walk, crawl, now recently starting to sit up on his own, has a 'button' feeding tube, doesn't really talk, even tho he's 5. He has an iPad playing nursery rhymes and songs and other such little YouTube videos  that's on 24/7. It's his iPad and I do understand that it's basically the only way for them to keep him happy. And I'm ok with that. He is over at folks pretty much daily so MIL is usually too busy to babysit any of the other grandkids. When our kids are there and he's there it is totally fine that they will watch the iPad with him and that it's on the whole time. Pretty much anymore, our kids get bored and go do something else anyway. 
    Ok sorry that was so long, but it was for context.  
    When on the rare occasion that they are watching our kids without our nephew there, we've asked that they stay off the iPad. There are books, games, coloring, the great outdoors, toys and heaven forbid they maybe work, like help MIL with whatever. But every time, we'll go to pick them up and they'll either be on the iPad or say they were on it. Even if we watched TV every day for hours and asked them not to at grandpa's, they just don't respect us enough to listen. I get that the kids have figured it out and will say they are bored so grandma and grandpa will let them watch/play on the iPad, but I guess I'm old fashioned enough that if my kids tell me they're bored, I don't feel the need to entertain them. It's ok for them to get bored! They'll figure something out and maybe use their imagination!
    So when I'm not enthused to leave the children there, if nothing else, because MIL is busy with my nephew, they get hurt feelings. I feel like I can't win for losing here and it drives me crazy. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    Good grief. Sorry for the novel! Don't feel like you have you read that whole thing...  :#
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    @mamabearcj Oh hell no! That is so messed up.
  • Options
    I think my eyes bugged out a bit when I read that... Soooo NOT ok!!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    I'd be pissed!