December 2018 Moms

STM+ Check-In 6/13

2»

Re: STM+ Check-In 6/13

• @Jens_Hoes super weird! It's one of those old-day tricks but it is better then any cream I've ever found! 
  • @temmetime They sure can wiggle and move when they're trying to avoid diaper changes can't they?!

@PensiveCrayon Your insurance covers bottles?!??

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @AdorkablePixie Just bottles needed for pump operation, unfortunately (I did my homework and found that out). But they do cover bags and all other exciting pump paraphernalia! This is the full breakdown. Pretty generous, I'd say. Considering that my husband just got a CPAP from insurance and they're choosing to rent it for him instead of buy it (WTAF?)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @whaat Our STM registry (just for us for the discounts) is gonna be:

-mini crib and mini crib sheets
    -new Dr. Brown's bottles
    -car seats
    -MAYBE a sit/stand stroller, but I have no idea about this because DD refuses to ride in a stroller anymore
    -buncha new baby boy clothes and jammies (we didn't do a great job being gender neutral with DD)
    -new hands free pumping bra because I can't find mine anywhere
    -some new teethers and other small baby toys that I need to replace since others have been lost/ruined/eaten by the dog
    -diapers
    -formula, in case I need to supplement like last time
    -new thermometer (can't find the old one)
    -some more receiving blanket type things
    -couple new wintery Halo sleep sacks
    -some warm wintery outerwear for walks in Dec-Feb before it gets to 80 degrees in March, haha
    -special coming home outfit for hospital

Hmm, I'm sure there are other things and I'm blanking?

• whaatwhaat member
    Thanks for the recs!
  • @PensiveCrayon Does it say anything about doing it beforehand? We are planning on transitioning DS within the next month or so. Now I’m worried because it’s the motn and I’m crazy.
  • gorgeousarielgorgeousariel member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks everyone we had a great day at Animal Kingdom. DD was awesome- no melt downs and took a nap. She got to meet Minnie and Mickey and didn't cry! Lol 
    @AdorkablePixie no we don't have yearly passes. We bought 4 days and this was our last day. But we will be doing it again next year. ( With a <6mo. Old) 
  • How far along are you/how big is baby? 
    12+6, the size of a plum

How are your other kids doing this week? 
    Good! DS (2 years old) is really starting to talk more. We keep trying to tell him that he needs to be gentle and not climb all over mommy because well...he’s two. Any suggestions on big brother books?

Rants/Raves? 
    RAVE-heard the babies heartbeat this week aka the most amazing sound on earth. RANT-had to get Zika rested this week because of a cruise I took last November. 

GTKY: What is one food you refuse to ever eat?
    Capers. So salty and bitter.
  • @katy0990 it doesn’t, but I would think that it’s early enough that your kid could get used to the transition before the baby arrives. I just know that for us my son isn’t old enough right now, that’s why I’m not doing it ahead of time. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited June 2018
    @misschill22 Usborne has a really cute book about adding a new baby. I also got one off Amazon called “I am a Big Brother”.

@PensiveCrayon I am getting a little emotional about how big DS is getting and getting him out of the crib seems like such a big step. Then, when I read your comment my hormones and exhaustion went straight to ARE WE MESSING HIM UP FOR LIFE?!?!?! But, I have come back to reality.
  • How far along are you/how big is baby? 
    13 weeks 3 days, this morning the app said a jalapeno 
    How are your other kids doing this week? 
    Good but the temper tantrums... OMG. He's also really testing how far he can push with not listening. 
    Rants/Raves? 
    My boobs are hurting now more than they did during the past 13 weeks. And I'm so uncomfortable with how my body looks this go around so far 
    GTKY: What is one food you refuse to ever eat?
    I usually will try anything. But I don't like sardines. 
    :s 
  • ErinkaErinka member
    edited June 2018
    @PensiveCrayon @katy0990 DD will be 3 in Feb and we’re thinking of switching her to a bed (and her whole room too!) before the baby comes. I figure if we make it special & she gets to pick out paint/furniture/bedding, etc it could go really well. And if we do it around Thanksgiving and the new baby cosleeps for 2 months or so it may not be too much for her to handle. (I refuse to buy a 2nd crib!)  And I just don’t want another project to do with a newborn and 3 year old! 
  • @PensiveCrayon I had no idea!! I need to look into that for my insurance. Bags get expensive after a while.

@Selina1313 My boobs/nipples JUST started to hurt. Last go round that was my first sign of pregnancy. DS still nurses once or twice a day, and now I'm thinking he'll be weaned sooner rather than later because it is so uncomfortable.

• @Selina1313 I feel you with the tantrums. Lately my son has been so difficult to get to bed, he's NEVER been difficult at bedtime! It's really starting to wear us thin. One night he was mostly just whining in his crib, so we just let him CIO, but last night he just wouldn't stop screaming. It takes forever to figure out wth he wants, and it's always something different!! So yea, right there with you on tantrums.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @Erinka That is what we are doing, too. DS turned 2 in March and just climbed out of his crib for the first time last week, so I am glad we were already working on his new room. He picked a sports theme and wants it to be orange, so we compromised and are doing an orange accent wall. Hopefully it will be done in the next couple of weeks and then we will just need to make a few minor tweaks to prep the nursery for a tiny babe again.
  • @AdorkablePixie same here! First go around I had sore boobs the day I got my bfp. This time they didn't start hurting until last week. Although I can't blame any of it on breastfeeding lol.
    @CecilB93 my son will be 4 in 3 weeks. Anything that doesn't go his way, he simply around, guys his legs, and sometimes will put himself in time out. He is so dramatic. And he's really attached to playing with my phone, so I've been trying to break him of it. That's been our biggest battle.
    @katy0990 my son wants a red room. I wish it was just an accent wall. My bf said to just let him have it and we can paint over it in a year or two. It's driving me nuts that we will have a red room in this house lol
  • @Selina1313 my son will be 4 in a week! He’s pretty similar. 

And damn, you ladies let your kids pick their room color? that’s not even a discussion here. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat I was trying to steer him to a nice neutral light blue or gray. But my bf was all "it'll make him so happy, let him have a red room for a little while"... Made me feel guilty and made me look like the bad guy. Good thing is that he has wood half way up the wall so it's not completely red. But bright red was not on my list of colors for interior paints in this house  :D
  • @runrinserepeat Same. Maybe he's delayed but he doesn't even have a favorite color or know a ton of them yet.

@katy0990 DS learned to climb out of his crib a couple months ago and I was so sad we had to switch him over to a toddler bed. I was not ready for that. I was also not ready for potty training, but clearly he has different plans. It's more difficult to get him to nap now, we use to just lay him down in his crib and he'd usually fall asleep, but not anymore.

• @runrinserepeat We always try to let the 2 year old make decisions like that, where the consequences are purely aesthetic. We haven't gotten around to painting her room yet, but when we do she'll get to pick the color. I figure that's the kind of thing that doesn't really matter all that much in the long term; we may have to repaint before we sell the house (if we sell the house), but all other things being equal, it's no skin off my nose if she wants her room (or her outfit, or her hairstyle) to be ugly. 
  • @AGK2015 My parents let me pick the color of my room when I was like 3-4. I picked pink. Pink walls, pink carpet. I HATE pink. Obviously I didn't back then but I do now. lol But it is nice to let your kid have choices like that. When/if we redo DSs room, we will let him have choices. Right now his walls are white with a red accent wall and red curtains. His room is Avengers themed so there is Avengers stuff on the walls.

• @Selina1313 My oldest (8 at the time) wanted a sports themed room and the team colors were of course red and white. We did red on the bottom, a chair rail and then a grayish color on the top. He got his red in and I like the final look. However, now my 6 year olds want to repaint their room it is my favorite in the house! Luckily we have enough house projects going on right now, so they will have to wait. I’m scared to see their choices. 
  • @Selina1313 and @runrinserepeat He wanted the whole room to be orange, but I sold him on bedding with orange and blue in it and convinced him that he could have blue and orange walls. I’m hoping that since he had so Much input and is so excited he will stay in bed. We keep telling him that only big boys get to pick bedding and pain and “help” get it ready. We will see if it works!
    @AdorkablePixie I am keeping my fingers crossed he stays in bed. We are just going to start off with the bed and dresser in the room, so hopefully there is less incentive to explore.
  • @snugglyduckling25 and @katy0990 we figured that for now it can be red but when this baby is old enough to share a room with our son, then we will repaint it. We don't know the gender of this one yet, and it will probably be about at least a year or so old when they might start sharing. So probably in like 2 years it will get repainted lol
    And @katy0990, when we transitioned from crib to bed (which our son would've stayed in his crib until he went to college if we let him lol), I was so worried that he would get into everything but he's really been great about staying in bed. So much so that when he has to go potty in the middle of the night he will just stay in his bed and yell for me to tell him it's okay to get out of bed to go lol. Hopefully he will learn that it's ok to get up, go potty and go back to bed without needing my help lol
  • @Selina1313 How old was he when he started being able to go to the bathroom alone?
  • @katy0990 I've thought about taking all the toys out of his room. LOL He can reach the books on his bookshelf now too, though, so I don't know how much that would help.

• @katy0990 we waited until he seemed ready to potty train so he was 3 when we started. It went fast and he will go to the bathroom by himself for about the past 6 or 7 months (he will be 4 in a few weeks). But we still have to wipe for him when he goes number 2. We are working on that. If we are out at a public place, I still go with him though... Not sure when you're supposed to let them go by themselves lol
  • @Selina1313 I don’t blame you at all I’m public. People are crazy! I just wondered because DS is trained, but we have to go in with him still and I wasn’t sure at what point to back off.
  • @katy0990 he just started saying "oh I gotta go potty" and we wouldn't move. And he's also starting to want privacy when he goes because he's always trying to shut the door lol. we make him keep it open as long as we don't have company over because I don't want him messing around in there.  I'm sure your son will help you know when it's time to let him go on his own  :)
  • I mean, my kids dress themselves and basically chose their own clothes at the store. They get plenty of choices throughout the day. But my house is... mine. They don’t even realize they have a choice in the matter yet, so it’s not like they feel they’ve lost any independence. I’m sure they’ll have stronger feelings when they’re older but I’ll also have to spend less time in there when they’re older so whatever. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat I might feel differently if I had any talent for/interest in decorating our house? Currently the living room is midway through a wallpaper tear-down, and the plaster in the dining room and guest room/soon-to-be nursery is crumbling, so... I might be less laissez faire about it once we get the rest of the house looking habitable :D
  • whaatwhaat member
    At my appointment today, I asked the midwife to “make me feel better about my toddler constantly kicking my abdomen.” 
    She didn’t make me feel better.
  • ErinkaErinka member
    @whaat yes I need this same assurance! 
  • I third that :#
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @whaat Oh no! I also need that reassurance...
  • That assurance would be nice...I've tried telling my son he'll hurt the baby when he does that. It clicks for the moment, hasn't clicked long term yet.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @whaat Ugh. I always worry when DS kicks me on accident. I always try to push  his feet away.