July 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday - 6/13/18

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday - 6/13/18

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa oh man tough decision, but sounds like the right one for you guys! I'm sorry your SIL is not talking to you, hopefully she'll come around. Is your mom not talking to you bc you're not moving in?

My wtf is weather...it was supposed to storm so I didn't do my night watering but now the chances have gone down significantly and we might not get the storm! Not going to water in the dark so my plants are sad tonight.
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa I know that was a tough decision - but moving in has been giving you so much anxiety I hope the decision being made, and not having to dread the living situation will ease some of the stress and pre-baby difficulties.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa im sure that was such a tough decision but it sounds like it’s probably the right one for your family. It shouldn’t be your job to keep bil in line like that, he needs to get it together. You don’t need that toxicity while raising a newborn! I hope everyone understands once the dust settles. 

@wildtot how many times do you have to bring it up before your sitter gets the hint??? I could only imagine what soggy diaper+heat is doing to the poor thing, my DS gets a heat rash the second the humidity starts 

@zande2016 solidarity. DH seems to be the only one covering when his managers are on vacation the past few weeks. That’s a load of crap that it’s affecting his ability to do his actual job too. I hope they figure out their schedules issues, that’s not fair to any of you. 
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa such a tough decision but i agree with what everyone has said. It sounds like the best thing for the family but I’m sorry to hear it’s causing more family tension. Hope things settle quickly with your SIL. 
  • Options
    @kissableviv thanks! I think part of the problem is that I’ve never gotten to have babies with my friends before so I was hoping for this experience to be a lot more magical than it ended up being. 
  • Options
    Mines a day late, but my WTF Wednesday was being rear ended TWICE yesterday! I was parked for on and stopped at a red light for the other after leaving the hospital for being monitored for 6 hours. So after the second one lucky me got to stay all night and will be here until this evening. I had some light, but consistent contractions but they seem to have stopped and everything is looking good so I should get released this evening after 24 hrs from the second accident. 
  • Options
    @jenny2018 omg twice?? what are the chances. Glad everything is looking good!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @jenny2018 oh my glad you’re ok!!

ugh this heat wave plus smoke/smell of nearby fire rolling in. Not the greatest air quality. Colorado shouldn’t have heat waves like this!! 
  • Options
    @jenny2018 I'm so sorry that happened to you! 
  • Options
    @jenny2018 Oh my! Glad you are just being monitored and nothing more serious happened. Hopefully damage to your car is minor.

Thanks ladies!! The situation has become more stressful in the last 24 hours. It just really sucks. We know we are doing the right thing by backing out and putting our lo's health and wellness first. 
    @SmashJam My mom was not talking to me because she didnt want us to move into that house and after her seeing just how bad bil let it go, made her even more angry. She is still mad however she is talking to me now. She is happy we arent moving into the house now. She would rather us continue to stay with her and recoup the money we've lost. It's just one big expensive life lesson.

Sil is still avoiding my calls and texts. So I'm just not going to bother. Dh and I are going to the house to pick up some items we had already shipped, installed, and/or left there. We do not want to see bil, so we are doing this when he is at work. Bil has blocked us on all social media and calls. It's unfortunate that we are the bad guys for wanting to do the right thing. I just want to be done with it. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa I’m glad you’re out of that mess. I’m sorry you had to essentially waste some money in the process but I hope that an even better opportunity comes your way asap. 
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa glad your mom is supporting you guys and helping out by having you stay at her place. Just focus on baby girl's arrival and the last few weeks as a couple with DH :) 

I was also stressing out about money the other day and then I realized I am just going to take it day by day. I don't want to be naive but I also don't want to ruin these last 23 days (HOLY CRAP) of my childless life. I figured there will always be time to be frugal and make money, but this time in my life is not coming back.
  • Options
    Dog chewed up our flooring and now we have a hole :angry:

• Options
    wildtot said:

Hopefully your h will fix it and not give an excuse...damn dog. Mine did this to brand new carpet...was not fun to deal with. 

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited June 2018
    wildtot said:

Hopefully your h will fix it and not give an excuse...damn dog. Mine did this to brand new carpet...was not fun to deal with. 
    Fixing now means might as well get the flooring done like we eventually want to do. AND he wants to do it before baby!! Yeah that’s max 3 weeks. Ugh 

eta i think it’s an easy temp fix but not in his eyes of course. 
  • Options
    @wildtot oh goodness! I hope for your sanity's sake, your h lays off some of his "hobbies" and does only what is absolutley needed. Ugh...

• Options
    Omg how did I miss this thread this week! All the baby boner stories have me somewhat terrified! A few friends have warned us but I didn’t know how it could actually be - not like you can google that topic :D

@zombiehoohaa I’m so glad you made the decision not to move! It sounds like the best thing for you and your family! Your husbands siblings will get over it eventually. Honestly it’s pretty crappy of them to get mad at you for not wanting to have your baby in that environment/not stress yourself out at this time.

@wildtot your sitter needs to seriously get it together! That’s ridiculous that she let’s him stay in wet diapers. I mean changing diapers is part of the job. 

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa i talked him through say we’ll wait on the upgrade. We would either have to split it up into two projects or do it all at once. It’s better at once but at a much later time. So saved us from that one.