July 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday - 6/13/18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday - 6/13/18

• Options
    @gingerbride26 sorry to hear about the dreaded man cold! And +1 with coworkers not calling into meetings and I’m having to babysit them so i don’t waste my time sitting there. 

Wtf to myself. I forgot to put on a liner and now I’m scared I’ll end up wetting through my clothes.
    Wtf body, can we please go back to a regular BM schedule? I’m so tired of these poop games. I’ll go days without then multiple in a day.
    Wtf H for putting the clean laundry in the bassinet. It has officially moved from the living room to the bassinet grr 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wildtot omg +1 for poop issues - same exact thing

Today just isn't my day... Hear DH's alarm go off at 730...but then nothing from upstairs while I'm on my meeting... then I have to poo finally and still hear nothing from DH but DD is calling for someone from her crib.... then I proceed to get her ready by myself, get me ready, and he's hiding under the covers the whole time...then as I'm getting her out the front door the storm door snags my sleeve - 2" cut/skin down my elbow and I almost fall/drop DD on cement stairs but just tweak my bad back instead...  I'm a saint for not dropping F bombs if I say so myself...worst I said was crap this morning which of course little parrot repeats but I'll live with it.  Now I'm back in bed to work but he's working from bed next to me so it's going to be a long ass day....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    At least once a month I have to contact IT because the printer stops working. Why is it that the simplest things can't stay working? So dumb.
  • Options
    @nimmle lol I work in IT :-P our copier/scanners haven't functioned for probably 5 out of the 6 years I've been in this office building.  Wonder if it's a patching issue if it's happening monthly.... ok taking my nerd hat off now
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited June 2018
    WTF to DH for overworking himself and leaving me to to do everything morning-night. It’s hard to have sympathy for him when he literally writes his schedule. 

WTF to naked toddler boners. WTF to naked toddlers in general, I can’t keep clothes on this kid in the house. 

WTF to myself, I made the mistake of making cinnamon rolls for breakfast. They were delicious, don’t get me wrong. But a big mistake. Now the kid is wired and running circles around me, balls in the wind. Days like this make me happy this next one is a girl. 
  • Options
    Wtf managers who don’t have their calendars up to update!
  • Options
    WTF to DD waking up fro 1:30-3 messing with her stupid bandaid that she didn’t even need and crying. I changed that thing 3 times last night. Grr. 

WTF to H for being in a bad mood this morning. I don’t like when we get snippy with each other ( we have only ever fought once in 9 years). He is frustrated that the cleaning lady will be here and he will need to shower after his workout before class. 
  • Options
    Man colds and people missing meetings are the worst, and solidarity on the messed up poop schedule! @gingerbride26 you've had quite the morning already I hope it gets better! toddlers, be kind to your mamas!

@nimmle I am convinced that technology advancements leave printers behind on purpose. It's such a simple concept but I swear even in 2018 we just cannot get it right.

Majoy WTF to DH. Last night I was wiped after the newborn class, so he starts playing his game, totally ok, I was reading articles on my phone but then I got tired and fell asleep on the couch. He wakes me up at 11:45pm(!!) And I'm clearly pissed because I'm startled awake, so his response to that is...go to bed upstairs and fall asleep!! I woke up again at 1:15am...went to bed and could not sleep until 2:30am...my shoulder and side were all messed up from the couch sleeping...baby was unhappy with my on my right side...lower back was bugging me if propped up on pillows...

Currently 8am, he is STILL sleeping, and he also woke me up several times with his snoring...I'm telling you the twin bed we prepped for my mom may become his home soon!!
  • Options
    @acunamatada and @SmashJam I LOL'd so hard to the toddler boner wtf - and read it outloud to my husband.  That's something to look forward to now that we're having a boy.... DD has started looking and grabbing herself during diaper changes and baths and saying "pee pee" but no real exploration.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    I'm LOLing about the toddler penis'. Glad I have this to look forward to.  :D:D:D
  • Options
    Omg toddler boners are so awkward!! I’m always afraid he’s gonna pee at the same time. He’ll occasionally explore but not for long or outside of home. But all of sudden I have to battle to get him naked unless it’s bath time. He use to love taking his clothes off. 
  • Options
    @wildtot DS goes through phases.. Right now he’s a fan of stripping down in a corner, and popping out saying “look mom! I naked!” 
    I need to catch it on video so I can embarrass the crap out of him when he’s older  :D
  • Options
    +1 to toddler boners here! DS is uncircumcised so he has fun pulling back his foreskin while sitting on the potty and I'm really afraid he'll pee in his own face. I guess if he does, he'll learn haha! At least he doesn't do much naked running around except after bath, and at that point he isn't playing with his penis much anyway. It's just a potty time activity.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Forgot my wtf

WTF DD. You're 4 years old and fully capable of doing potty completely on your own. I keep telling her that when her sister comes I can't be helping her in the bathroom all the time. She just spent 20 minutes getting hysterical and crying hard in the bathroom because I refused to wipe her. She said I was a bad mommy. 
    Meanwhile, my 2yo DS was teaching himself how to zip up his hoodie... Something DD needed help with earlier today.
    This girl is going to make having a newborn very difficult on me. I expect lots of disappointment and possible resentment coming from her after the novelty of a new baby wears off.

• Options
    OMG I cannot wait to be around all this penis business! hysterical! @flockofmoosen3 if he peed in his face it would pretty much be payback, right??

@jbosch30 at the newborn class yesterday they showed a picture of a baby with a legit hairy back! it was so odd! it was A LOT of lanugo. They did say it falls off. Did not know about the pubic hair though...
  • Options
    @kissableviv DS was born with a super hairy back! Lots of dark fine hairs. He also had super dark head hair. That all fell out and he is a light blonde child now!

@jbosch30 the hormone thing is totally legit. Didn't happen to us but I did read with DD that newborn girls can even have menstrual-like spotting because of the mom's hormones in her body. Crazy!

• Options
    @jbosch30 this is the same reason baby boys (and I guess girls too?) can sometimes have legit boobs when they're newborns! Poor babies lol. 

My kid loves playing with his penis during diaper changes and baths, and like @flockofmoosen3 said, he is not circumcised and loves to pull on his foreskin. Sometimes when I am wiping his penis during diaper changes he gets a tiny bit erect and I'm like oooops. Shrug. 
  • Options
    @wildtot my uncle was one of those babies born with lots of extra hair - including his ears - my grandfather took one look and left for the bar.... oh the 50s....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited June 2018
    @jbosch30 @flockofmoosen3 correct! DD had a teeny bit of spotting and she also lactated a little bit lol. Hormones. So lovely! 

ETA- I had conveniently forgotten about little boy boners. Not super excited about them again

• Options
    @SmashJam that totally made me laugh out loud! My husband and I are still deciding on circumcision, leaning more towards no and I’ll have to tell him that one. Lol 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    You guys are reminding me that I need to locate a Mohel now. Sometimes I wish I was having a girl so I didn't have to go through this. lol
  • Options
    I thought of a wtf finally. My bff’s both had little girls before their due dates in April. We all had a loonnggg discussion about labors and comparing and how patient I’ve been to go over my due date twice now. It’s reallt frustrating because this whole pregnancy has just been one big comparison. I could go on and on, but I hate feeling like the outlier. And that’s what’s I’ve always been this whole pregnancy. And they were trying to be nice by saying “I’ve been praying that you won’t go past your due date,” but really my chances of going early are so slim. It doesn’t make me feel better to have them wish that on me when it’s just not going to happen. 
  • Options
    I feel like all my Monday BF, TW Tuesday’s, and WTF Wednesday’s are always about either my job or my H’s. Well, why break the pattern now? What the actual fuck to my husband’s job. I literally am so sick and tired of coming home several times a week and being told “sorry, I have to work an event X day or Y night, can’t get anyone to staff it.” I’m like, what’s gonna happen when the baby comes and you have some event you can’t staff? You’re going to have to choose between being there for my labor/birth, or fulfilling the event. The part that really gets me (aside from having to solo parent multiple times a week after a 12 hour work day), is that he is so busy working these stupid events that he doesn’t have time to do his real job, which is largely commission based and so as a direct result we are losing money. Also just really bummed he has to work until 2 on Saturday when it’s Father’s Day weekend and I had plans to do family stuff together. I’m just so aggravated. 
  • Options
    All this talk of toddler boners has me thankful to have daughters right now haha! Also im dying laughing.  
    WTF to my body why can't you sleep?! ugh almost excited for newborn insomnia just so I can have my body back haha 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @zande2016 I’m so sorry the struggle continues with your H and his job. It sounds so stressful. Is he the kind of person who just won’t speak up against doing the tasks he’s not suppose to? Like does he just do it to not deal with others? I would certainly have the same concerns of his workload once baby arrives. 
  • Options
    @wildtot he is the kind of person who has a hard time speaking up and hates confrontation, and his old job took advantage of him big time for years. but, he swears he’s spoken up about this and his one boss who owns 1/3 of the company kind of brushes him off, and the other two bosses who own the other 2/3 of the company are more “silent partner” types who don’t really do anything so he feels like he can’t go to them. I don’t know if he’s being assertive enough but they just opened a new store and it seems like the one owner who actually works is consumed with that. I’m very stressed over money and the anxiety knowing he’s not able
    to focus on the part of his job that generates the most income is getting to me. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 that’s tough he needs to speak up! It’s not fair to you or your growing family. Have you had a good heart to heart?

wtf sitter (again!) with not changing DSs diaper too often like I’ve asked multiple times! His scrotum skin gets super red and irritated. He peed himself during nap time and had a full diaper last Friday at pick up. I’m getting tired of being nice about it. Just change the freaking diaper every 2-3 hrs how hard is that?!
  • Options
    @wildtot yeah, he knows how upset I am over it and I can tell he is too, and he’s super stressed, so I am trying not to add to his stress, but i think maybe a real heart to heart is in order. I keep making suggestions of things he can do to try to find staff or things he can say to his boss, and he always says he will try that...but who knows. The diaper thing is just ridiculous! I would speak up and be really assertive, it seems like you’ve tried to be nice about it and it hasn’t worked. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 i understand his stress but it doesn’t minimize yours when he can take action and you can’t do it for him. I hope things work out and he really prioritizes family stresses over his work. You gotta do that sometimes. You’ve been nothing but supportive this whole time. 
    Yeah im on the last straw with the diaper thing. I just now i approached it by asking to put diaper cream and giving her more diapers so he can stay dry because “the heat and wetness” is probably making it worse. Hope she got the clue. 
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 my 3yo nephew likes to say his "peepee is broken" when he is told to go pee. Every.time. 

Thank you for the toddler bone stories, I needed a good giggle.

WTF goes to my inlaws (sil, her husband, and bil). We backed out of moving into sil and her husband rental lastnight because it has caused me such extreme stress that I am a mess. I knew going into this that my bil (dh & sil's younger brother) would be unreliable. However, this shit's over the top. Bil has NO drive unless he is told he is being kicked out and then does the bare minimum to get by. The house needs a lot of work. A lot. Tented for termites, vermin, bugs, etc. It needs a new paint job, new electrical, new kitchen, etc. I have felt like we've been forcing this to happen from the get go, yet still go with it. My sil and her  husband refused to come help with doing anything to the house. They only agreed to pay for paint, paint supplies, new window screens, electrical outlets that need to be replaced, and flooring. My mom, stepdad, and brother went to the house over the weekend to help with different things. My mom was LIVID. So livid she didnt talk to me the rest of the weekend. My brother rarely voices his concerns about things. He wont stop voicing his concern with us living there. So we made the decision to back out lastnight. My sil said if we dont move in, she will sell the house. Fine. However, now sil isnt talking to me. What the actual fuck...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa I am sorry that situation didn’t work out for you. But it truly sounds like that’s was the best decision you could have made. I had a similar situation living next door to my brother in laws. Long story but we ended up moving out. It was sincerely the best decision I ever made, and now they still only talk to me when absolutely necessary. I can live with that I did what’s right for my family. 

My WTF is going to make you all laugh probably. WTF body why are you so tired, why couldn’t you have the energy of the second trimester. I wake up every morning wondering if I really need my job. Lol I do! I just keep waking up later and later, thank goodness so far my boss hasn’t commented. Once I get to work I make it work, it’s just getting out of bed, getting dressed, doing my hair (pony tail all week this week) taking the subway for 40 mins and walking to my job another 15 mins that kills me. I know I’ll be happy I stayed active this whole time once LO gets evicted and I work on losing weight but man the struggle is real. 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife be the outliar! Who cares! Your body, your pregnancy! Baby is in charge and will come when he is ready. You are doing all the work of supporting this life and even though it's super uncomfortable to go late, it doesn't change the fact you'll be holding your baby no matter what! Ugh to the "prayer". Definitely a bit annoying. Sending positive vibes for this baby to maybe be the outliar and come a bit earlier!

@zande2016 glad you're considering a heart to heart, it's probably not a bad idea to share how you feel and get him aligned with the job thing so he doesn't get taken advantage of and can focus on his actual job. @wildtot seriously this diaper thing needs to stop it seems obvious he isn't being changed enough.

@zombiehoohaa fwiw I think you made the best decision. Moving so close to your due date would have been fine for a nice place but not for a place that needs so much work. And you would bring baby girl into an environment that could have potentially been filled with drama. Sorry sil isn't talking to you but shells have to get over it. I know this was an opportunity to save some money but sometimes when you turn your back on something new opportunities suddenly pop up. Hugs!