November 2018 Moms
Options

Pregnancy milestones

I was lurking on the Oct ‘18 board and they had a thread of all these funny pregnancy milestones. I’ll start with mine:

My stomach officially sticks out further than my boobs. 
Together since '07
Married since '12
Off the pill since 5/14
BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

Re: Pregnancy milestones

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emjohn517 This made me LOL. You're not the only one! At a certain point during my last pregnancy, I just decided to start go getting waxed. Made my life so much easier.

I've had tons of baby movement within the last couple of weeks as well! Such an awesome feeling.
  • Options
    People have started feeling free to comment on my pregnancy, or just assume that I am pregnant, without asking if I in fact am first 

• Options
    I have hit the point where I'm sick of wearing dresses and desperately want to wear pants - but none of mine fit and none of the maternity pants I've found seem to be made for my body type :disappointed:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @smulrich16 I have to sew up the sides of the stretchy part of my maternity pants.  I guess my rump is a little large for my size and my stomach is not big enough to hold them up.  A quick sew up the side solved that problem!  Hope you're able to find pants you like.  I get sick of wearing dresses all the time.  I hit the clearance rack of our local Ross and found several pairs for $6!  I cleared them out!
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 I'm a firm believer that I'll never ask a woman if she's pregnant, unless I see a baby crowning. :D This includes making unsolicited comments after simply assuming she's expecting. People regularly ask my MIL when she's due. She's not pregnant. It's very awkward for everyone involved.
  • Options
    I’ve hit the point where I’m feeling movement daily! 

I have hit the point where people ask me if I’m sure my due date is November because I look like it’s much sooner. 
  • Options
    I've hit the point where I've felt baby boy move from the outside three or four times now!

Which of course means it'll be months before DH can feel him.  Last time around he got kicked hard in the side of the head by one of the twins and didn't feel a thing.  He's oblivious.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    Finally feeling movement on the reg, too. I love it so much!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm super jelly of those of you who are feeling movements.  This is my first pregnancy, and I've heard it feels like gas or bubbles or butterflies or tumbling, but I haven't felt anything like that yet.

AFM, I agree with @smulrich16 about wishing I could wear pants.  I do have a pair of maternity pants that I like (Walmart has some decent cheap stuff online), but they're just not quite as comfortable (or cool) as skirts, so I don't bother most of the time.  And once the weather cools down, I imagine I'll be too big for them.  I think I'm just going to have to accept maxi skirts as a necessity.
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I feel movement all the time too and I love it!

I have been trying daily to get DH to feel something but he hasn't yet. Hopefully soon!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 I've been trying to get my H to feel it, too! Last night, right before he got home, I had my hand on my belly and felt a HUGE movement. Then, of course, never again when H was home lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom @lachnessmomster I agree and I still get taken aback when people are like “oh I didn’t know you were pregnant!” Or “when’s the new baby coming?” Like, what would they say if I answered that I’m not pregnant? But it happens daily. The cashier at the ice cream place gave me a disbelieving look when I said I wasn’t due until Nov! 

I haven’t had H try to feel baby yet, but maybe I will. It was a long time before he could with DD. 

• Options
    @firsttimespartanmom Oh, that is so precious! Reminds me of when DH used to talk to my belly and say, "Tap once if you're a girl and twice if you're a boy." One of my favorite memories!
  • Options
    the-lothe-lo member
    @firsttimespartanmom So cute! Mine does the same, but says "hey, kick your mom!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    the-lothe-lo member
    I could tell people were unsure of my "status" for a few weeks. It was fun getting awkward glances at my belly at work. Now I'm finally getting "congratulations" so I must look undeniably pregnant haha.

Along with THAT, comes the fact that nice strangers do things for me now. I was running a table at an event and I had one older woman bring me food and later on she applauded me for getting more food lol. Then someone else brought me a chair, carried my things, offered me water. UGH. I love it.

Been feeling baby move every day for the last 4 weeks but I've finally felt two big kicks from the outside. DH felt something super subtle but he won't be satisfied until he's SURE.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    the-lothe-lo member
    Also, ditto to rearranging the bump to look downstairs haha.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't felt any movement on the outside, Probably cuz I'm fluffy. Hopefully soon. I know bf is anxious to feel the baby move he sleeps with his arm around me, hand on my belly every night. It's really cute
  • Options
    @smulrich16 - I am the opposite, I wish I could wear dresses since I'm sick of wearing leggings. Unfortunately I can't wear dresses or open toed sandles to work so I will just keep wearing leggings. At least I don't have to wear my uniform. That would really suck. 

• Options
    @kamahina9 We always want what we can't have, right :wink: I actually wore a pair of capri leggings I bought from Kohl's last night and MAN were they comfortable! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    the-lothe-lo member
    @horsecrazy406mama omg! so so sweet. *tear*

BabyFruit Ticker