September 2018 Moms

Glucose Test

2»

Re: Glucose Test

• @jaylii Yay for passing the GD test! (Yay to everyone else as well!). Mild anemia seems super common at this point since so many of us have it. I guess it depends on how low your numbers are. I had very mild anemia at 20 weeks and the doctor didn’t tell me to go on iron, but it had dropped lower by my last test. I think it’s still considered mild, but the doctor told me to start iron right away. And, I am feeling better since starting. I plan to talk to her and find out more at my appointment this week. 
  • @knitknitread My hemo was 10.2 and Ferritin was 4, so I am in the same shitshow boat. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Took the 3 hour test on Thursday and still haven't heard anything, so I'm hoping that's a good sign? 
  • @lilidubs. Yeah, I'd say it probably is!  Can you call today and reach out just to put your mind at ease?
  • @lilidubs - With my office no news is good news so to have that much time pass since your test and to not have heard anything would mean you passed with my OB practice.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • They were really quick after the 1hrs test @DanyTargaryen and @BusinessWife, so I think it's good news :) I think I may have some time to hang on the phone today so maybe I'll call! They're the worst, so hard to get through! I'll maybe get them on the fourth call if I'm lucky.. 
  • Did you get the results of the glucose test right away? My test is this week, and I'm just curious if I'll have to wait to know whether I pass or fail.
  • samd6samd6 member
    edited July 2018
    I've got my glucose test tomorrow, at 1 pm, EWW. Not looking forward to such a long day, the hubs is excited to eat lunch together afterwards though :)

*edit to add: Passed the glucose test, thank goodness. For no real reason this has been a huge source of anxiety for me. Glad to be done with it, hoping I can use that worry somewhere else now :) 

@runninginva at my clinic they gave me my results within 10 minutes (while I sat there and waited for my tDap shot)
  • @samd6, congratulations on passing! I just finished my drink and they told me I won't find out the results for a few days. :/ Bummer! Oh well. I'm just happy the drink wasn't as bad as I anticipated.
  • @jhjocelyn. Mine was slightly elevated too, but luckily there are actually higher ranges for a 3rd trimester pregnant person, than a non-pregnant person.  My Ob said she's not concerned at all if it's under 12 (or 12000, depending on the scale).  Fx it's nothing but baby on board! ;)
  • Took my glucose test this week. They said if I don't hear anything, all is good. They will call if I need to do the 3hr test.
  • I passed my glucose test but they said I have low iron and need to start taking a supplement. Anyone have that?
  • Thanks for the tips. I have Colace from my last pregnancy and did take one today, but I think I should wait a few days like you say, to see which way it goes for me. You're not the first person who has mentioned SlowFe. Is it ferrous sulfate or ferrous gluconate? My OB just said ferrous gluconate 3x a day. And I will check out that link. Thanks again. 
  • SlowFe is usually ferrous sulphate but I'd keep to whatever your doctor recommended. 
  • Good luck @stothi!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Ugh. I got elevated levels on my 1 hr test and have to go back for the 3 hr tomorrow  :'(
  • Passed mine with a score of 80. Got sick during it, so even more thankful I passed and don’t have to do the three hour.

@stothi good luck!!
  • @lcardinal04 congratulations!!

passed mine with an 84 so no 3 hour test. Yippee! 
  • Lo9876Lo9876 member
    @mauishay I failed the 1 hour too, but passed the 3 hour, so there's still hope! :) 3 hour isn't pleasant but it will be over before you know it. Good luck tomorrow!
  • Thanks @Lo9876!
    Im here right now and omg the 3 hour is so much worst than that 1hr! I’ve felt like I was gonna puke for the last hour :s

• I failed my one hour and took the 3 hour yesterday. Pretty sure I failed. Why does that drink give me such a headache?
  • @mauishay have you gotten the results of your 3 hour test? 

@BostonBaby1 hopefully you passed. I think it’s normal for the drink to make you not feel well, especially since it’s a sugar rush on an empty stomach.
  • @klj0228 no results yet... I’m hoping no news is good news  :#
  • @mauishay I was hoping you had results by now. Like you said, hopefully no news is good news. Keep us updated! 
  • @mauishay  yay!!!  That's awesome news!!!
  • Yay @mauishay so happy for you!!