October 2018 Moms
Options

WTF WEDNESDAY!

13»

Re: WTF WEDNESDAY!

• Options
    Ugh I need a WTF Friday. My husbands Work had an outing to a rented beach house today. I noticed he was quiet toward the end of the day. I get a text from his company’s HR person shortly after I got home that my husband had a few margaritas that may have been a little too strong and he was going to nap it off but he wanted to let me know in case I was expecting him home for anything. I.e, he must be passed the eff out since I didn’t hear anything about it directly from my husband. There’s always one of those at a work event with alcohol that can’t handle themselves. But seriously, it had to be my husband this time??? I want to give him a little break because maybe he didn’t realize he was dehydrating at the beach all day, but then again I’m guessing everyone else was there all day and didn’t get in that situation. On top of it it’s a small growing company, my DH has only been there about 6 mos, is in a middle management role and has been trying to prove himself for a raise since he has been crushing it at work. This is so embarrassing for him, and I’m embarrassed by it. Grow up man, you’re gonna be a dad!!! I’m sure he will get teased about it like crazy at work so I want to not lecture him when he gets home but this makes me so annoyed, disappointed, pissy!! I’m already sensitive anyway when I think he drinks too much since my dads an alcoholic so I find it so hard to bite my tongue.
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 I'm sorry DH made a fool of himself. When he gets home tell him you're disappointed in his actions and leave it a that. I personally wouldn't make a big argument over it because he most likely will get a lot of shit from others at work especially being as new as he is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214  If it was my man I’d laugh, honestly. Not in his face but inside I’d die laughing. I can’t be mad at DH when he makes himself look like an idiot and I know he’ll be embarrassed later. I’m sure his coworkers will give him a hard enough time and hopefully he’ll have a wicked hangover! Sometimes that’s punishment enough. I understand you might feel differently though because of your dad.. At least he’s staying safe and not driving!
  • Options
    WTF to Guncle for being a single man living the (tightwad) bachelor lifestyle.  I’ve been staying with him for about a week and a half now, so I decided to strip the bed and wash the sheets.  Unfortunately, his washing machine is quirky, and I thought I had it going until I got back three hours later to discover it had filled, but gotten no further.  And it’s bedtime. 

No problem- I got it running again and went to put on the clean sheets I had brought from home. (The others are flannel- in June?) And I discover that it is a queen rather than a full size.  Hmm.  So I dig through the closet I am using because there is a small stack of linens:  Two holey pillow cases, a towel, another flannel something and two fitted sheets.  The first fitted sheet is king sized, but the second fits the mattress.  So- I now have a delightful mix of my fullsize flat sheet and pillow cases with his fitted sheet.  

The question is... do I get him a set of queen size sheets as a gift, or would that be some sort of criticism of his hosting?
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I get where you’re coming from, but I picture that being something a somewhat overbearing mom or grandma would do, so I say skip getting them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 Um I maybe shouldn’t say this but that sounds a heck of a lot what I was like when someone slipped something in my shot when I turned my back to pour another for someone else. It was at work and we went back and looked at cameras to prove it because my boss was pissed that I drank so much that I was totally out of it and later passed out. I had only had that one and one earlier which was nothing! Had to have someone come get me which I don’t remember at all. Can’t imagine anyone would do that at a business meeting but it reminded me of it. Probably was just dehydration like you said! 
  • Options
    @jynjer91 no I’m glad you did because I’ve never experienced but was thinking it sounded like someone put something in his drink. The only thing is it was like 5 work guys who went, I guess most people went Thursday instead. Not that guys can’t do stuff to guys but it seems unlikely. I also asked him if clothes were all on right and anything felt off which he said everything was normal. I was trying to convince him to go get an iv for hydration at least and see if they think it’s worth testing his urine in case he was slipped something.  He ended up sleeping there all night at the beach house. He passed out before 5pm. Someone worke him up to check on him 10pm and he finally texted me still feeling trashed. Had a bottle of water. Slept til 5am and came home still puking up any liquids he tried to put down. The only thing other has being drugged is if he was just SUPER dehydrated and the alcohol has little if anything to do with passing out. Maybe sun poisoning? He’s a little burnt but not like I’d expect to cause sun poisoning. Poor guy. They took group pics with him passes out and he’s horrified. 1.5 margaritas on the beach is dangerous business.
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 - you don’t need to get sunburned to end up with heat stroke - just overheated.  
  • Options
    After looking up symptoms of a heat stroke that does sound like it could be a good explanation! Especially combined with a decent amount of tequila.
      Matter of fact that’s probably what happened to DH and I when we were in Mexico! We took a pirate cruise (lots of sun, heat, tequila, and no water) and we don’t remember making it back to our room that afternoon. Didn’t wake up till the next morning :# Tequila is evil!! I feel a bit sorry for your man! 
  • Options
    Wtf Target. I went to Target in part because the have Pizza Hut personal pizzas. Apparently not the one I went to! I only went to this one since it's next to BRU. Ugh. At least I finally got a dog leash.
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @elothair and @chopchop25 they controlled the allergies with meds and diet (he was also allergic to a bunch of food), luckily this dog was my grandfather's baby and he would have done anything for him.  
  • Options
    Clover mites - ugh! MH treated the lawn for them because we get them every year and I want to prevent them from getting in the house.  Normally we wait until we see them to treat because we’re procrastinators and this year I told him to get out there and treat before we got them.  All good, except that now we have them again! Not nearly as bad as the last few years, but he shouldn’t have to treat again until the end of July and clearly he needs to.  I am so anti-treat the lawn because I don’t want the kids playing in the chemicals and this is the second time in 2 months he’s going to have to do it. Wtf?

Also a wtf to FIL - he was supposed to take the kids today and texted me last night to ask if I could pick them up at 1... I don’t drop them off until 11 and it’s a 20 min drive between houses. Umm, no, I can’t drive over and then drive back over here for an hour and then come back and get them. Just tell me you can’t take them instead of that ridiculousness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic