December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-In | 12/9 - 12/16 EDDs

Prompts stolen from the other check-ins ;)

How far along are you?  How big is baby?

How are you feeling?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: Are you thinking of doing a babymoon?
Me: 31 | DH: 31
Together since 2003 | Married 2010
TTC #1 January 2016
BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018

Re: Weekly Check-In | 12/9 - 12/16 EDDs

• Options
    12+4, apricot

How are you feeling?  
    So bitchy and sooo tired! At least my nausea is very fleeting and far and few between.

I am super ready for first trimester to be over. Also, am I the only one who is absolutely dreading announcing? This baby was SO wanted, and I am ecstatic to be pregnant, but like...I don't want anyone else to know. I'm perfectly content with only my husband, boss, best friend, and now my Grandma, knowing.

Not at the moment. We do weekend beach trips fairly often, so if we go anywhere, that will probably be it. 
  • Options
    Yay! I love this weekly check in idea. 
    @Hollyyyyy I freaking hate announcing. My preferred way is over text because I feel so awkward in person. I am just ready to look preg and not have to tell ppl lol. 

12+4... apparently an apricot haha 

How are you feeling?  
    Really great. My stomach gets a little upset if I eat too much and I can start to see/feel the actual bump, but my energy is pretty good and my nausea is all but gone. 

Sitting in airports/planes all day so yuck. But had a great vacation so I'll take it :) 

we are going to Maine in August for a wedding and taking a few extra days for ourselves in acadia 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy I remember feeling that way with my son. Like, it's sort of a fun secret to keep! Why does the world need to know?
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @morgantu Glad you're feeling better! I'd love to go the text message route, but my husband says we can't do that, haha. We usually see my in-laws at least once a week, and same with my dad, so it would probably be kind of weird of that's how we ended up telling them. Ideally, I wish I could just pop out the baby in December and be like "Surprise!" Lol

@echo-charlietango London sounds amazing! I've always wanted to go.
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango "super touring" sounds awesome. I love to take advantage of every second of vacation and it sounds like you do too! 

@PensiveCrayon happy anniversary tomorrow! Your MIL's phone call is cure and u am thrilled for your vacation! It's going to be amazing and hopefully warm! 
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon Exactly! Also, I am really not looking forward to having any extra attention on me, and my in-laws asking a million questions. I remember being inundated with wedding questions when I was engaged, and it annoyed the crap out of me. I know they'll be excited, and I am grateful for that, but it's a really fun secret to have.
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy I don't want to be flooded with questions either, which is why we've only told a few folks in person so they won't give me crap about not drinking at BBQs. Otherwise, that's exactly why I made a family-only baby-related Q&A on my site -so I can tell them without interruptions- what we care about (privacy, flu season) and what we don't care about (sex of baby, baby showers). BUT I recognize that we have the benefit of not being near family, so we can get away with it :grimace:

@PensiveCrayon I'm so excited for your trip! DH and I were talking about Iceland over an Irish breakfast, then we got stuck talking about London. Luckily those countries aren't going anywhere for a bit. 

@morgantu Yes, we do squeeze each touristy minute into vacays! We even go as far as minimizing the booze so that we can get up at 6am each day. It's not a hard and fast rule though...I totally have a photo of DH passed out on me on a train in Japan. We have it down to a science though, and it'll be so much easier in an English speaking country. Bring on the curry beanz!!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat I hope your mom's scan goes well. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Keep us posted  <3
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon Happy Anniversary!

@Hollyyyyy I kind of wish everyone could just know telepathically at this point. It feels so odd to just work it into conversation somehow. Our parents and families know. I just wish everyone else can just know without me telling them.  :D

@runrinserepeat I’ll be thinking of you guys this week. I hope your mom gets good news at her scan.

@lilny That ms sounds awful. Glad you’re feeling better!

12w1d ...size of a plum!

How are you feeling?  
    Not too bad. Fatigue is kicking my butt at the moment but other than that I feel good.

I’m feeling relieved to be in the 12th week. It’s kind of an arbitrary milestone I guess but it makes me feel secure.

Nah. We’re trying to get our house on the market so most of the summer weekends will be dedicated to that. And also we’ll be broke. Haha
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @CecilB93 - I’m cracking up at the fact that you got pregnant in your mom’s apartment! Too funny.

12w5d! Size of a plum!

How are you feeling?  
    I have been very lucky. I’m still exhausted, but it’s hard to tell how much is pregnancy and how much is end of the school year. (I’m a middle school teacher.)

We have only seen the heartbeat on the NT ultrasound, but we have not actually heard it yet! I am so anxious to go back to the doctor in July. It just seems like I should be doing more, but all these doctors are so different, it’s hard to know what mine will do.

I definitely want to get away this summer. Maybe Montreal.
  • Options
    lilnyclilnyc member
    @runrinserepeat sending positive thoughts your way!

@hbmama21 I love Acadia!  We were there last summer and it was amazing -I hope you can fit it in even if you do move!

@Hollyyyyy @rosebud332 @hbmama21 + another for not being sure how you announce/ work that one into conversation.  I guess I’ll firgure it out?  Or I won’t and they’ll notice eventually…
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    @echo-charlietango you’d be surprised how little walking is necessary to see the London sites. H and I try to go every year, it’s one of our fave cities. The very first year we went we stayed in a hotel in the business district and decided to do a tripadvisor walking tour (not sure they exist anymore). But we did all the famous London sites in like 3 hours. It ended up being awesome because then the rest of the time we felt like we got to live a little more like locals and not pressed to try and see everything. 

That said London is a great walking city and awesome to view on the second floor of a double decker bus. Food there is also amazing, just not the actual British food. LOL. But all the ethnic food, Indian, Thai, Spanish etc is amazing. I could go on and on about my love for London. H and I are hoping to one day live there. 

12w+2; plum 

How are you feeling?  
    Finally feeling a bit more human. Much less nausea, although it does randomly pop up on occasion. Still completely exhausted every weekend, which makes me feel guilty because H gets stuck with so many of the parenting duties. 

Dear Diary, I can’t wait to be a few weeks into second tri so I totally feel comfortable having a glass of red wine. 

Yes hopefully! We were planning a family trip to Italy in august, but looks like that might get cancelled due to a family wedding. Hoping for an uncomplicated pregnancy so that I can go with H to London in October when he has to go for work. See above for London love. :)
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    12w4d. Plum

How are you feeling?  
    Starting to be less sick. Emotionally overwhelmed, but getting better. 

Not much, just grumpy and hoping the anxiety slows TF down. 
    Yesish? I’m considering a girls trip with a few friends. DH is being a turd about traveling. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    12+5 due 12/13

How big is baby?

According to the bump a plum, and also a tennis ball....

According How are you feeling?

Still nauseated, and starting to get dizzy..

Dear fetus: please let up and let your Momma feel better soon! Preferably before your Daddy leaves for work for the summer!

It would be nice, but probably not!
  • Options

12 weeks 4 days. The size of a plum, or a Roborovski Hamster as my other app says :smile:

How are you feeling?  

Maybe a bit better...I’m so over 1st trimester, I haven’t felt like myself: fatigue, nausea and quick to get upset. I can’t wait till it’s over. 

I have fighting a sore throat the past 2 days. It doesn’t help that I am overworked doing 15 hour shifts and not taking care of myself well enough. I know I need to prioritize my health but I can’t just drop the work either.

I’d like to! We have a few days off together late July. DH has had his heart set on remote backpacking/camping since before we knew about baby, but I’m not sure if I should do that at 20 weeks though...

• Options
    @hollyyyy I forgot to say that I’m jealous of your frequent beach trips

@morgantu Happy you had a great vacation :D Also, yes - super touring is the best!

@PensiveCrayon HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YO!

@runrinserepeat I super hope your mom’s PET results are good :heart: FX :heart:

@CecilB83 Happy that the nausea is letting up, such an improvement!

@lilny I totally bought larger-non-maternity pants at Old Navy on sale, and it was worth it. I also stalk thrift stores for maternity pants and they are so comfortable - give it a go!

@rosebud332 What sort of house projects do you have lined up?

@hbmama21 Oh, I’m excited for your potential move, and I hope you guys have an awesome anniversary tomorrow :heart:

@gordj87 When does your school let out for the summer?

@krob Thanks for the London insight, we’ll totally work on making some future dates, and making a personal checklist of things we need to see and do. Food is a big one though, and I look forward to having Scotch eggs and a Boddingtons for lunch. Mmm.

@flamingomomma Why is YH being a turd about traveling? Is he unwilling to expand his horizons or too focused on the money stuff?

@winterplumeria The dizzies definitely suck.

@Desiree113 Sore throats are the worst! Personally I would not go remote backpacking at 20 weeks, but that’s just me. I would be too paranoid about the medical emergencies in the middle of nowhere.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango Mostly Just painting and getting all of our clutter packed up so it can look better. But it’s slowwww going because we seem to have something to do every weekend. I’m trying to get what I can done during the week. Would love to be in a new home when baby is here!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango

I have 4 days next week, and then we are done. But, we are merging two schools for next year, and I have to move to another campus. Plus plan programming for the whole school all summer.... so, it’ll be nice to have a bit more schedule flexibility, but it’s a pretty stressful time.