January 2019 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Announcement

Re: Pregnancy Announcement

• Options
    @libertymomrn me too! I'm a committee person for my local party and I work on a congressional campaign! Even if we don't use it to announce, I'm going to have the onesie made anyway. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @PolarBear517 Our DDs share the same birthday!!

Also team torn. Not sure if I want to announce around 15 weeks like I did last time (after I'm comfortably out of the first tri and have the NIPT results) or wait until after the a/s.

I want to do some sort of picture with DD in it. We're going on a beach vacation mid July so I'm thinking of taking a picture on that trip and then using it when I'm ready.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @libertymomrn me too! I'm a committee person for my local party and I work on a congressional campaign! Even if we don't use it to announce, I'm going to have the onesie made anyway. lol 
    Sounds like we have a lot in common! I’m a precinct chair, state and county delegate and am currently volunteering for a US Senate campaign in my area. Fun stuff! It’s fun to meet someone else who’s so involved!
  • Options
    @tosh24 we just sat them down on the couch and told them Mommy is having another baby. It didn't occur to me to do anything clever, lol. Oh well, haha.
  • Options
    We did 4 pairs of converse tennis shoes with the kids birth years written in chalk underneath. Then another with just the baby's shoes and a romper I had made that said "Newest member of the "our last name" family and then Coming Soon written in chalk to the side. 
  • Options
    Love everyone’s ideas! With DS we announced on thanksgiving. I wore a shirt that said there is a turkey in this oven. Waited until after first tri but was still so nervous to announce in case something went wrong! I’ve been pretty open about my TTC journey and losses so I would have shared on there anyway.  Just always feel more vulnerable when it’s out there.
    For this pregnancy will probably get some sort of big brothers shirt to announce. Will wait until at least after first tri though! 
  • Options
    For those of you who are choosing not to announce on social media, are you specifically asking family and friends not to post anything either? With DD, I had a lot of complications and chose not to announce until after she was born- but my bff posted a few pics from my baby shower and I was pretty mad. With this one, I’m not planning to announce online until after the birth again, but I feel like I need to ask certain people not to post. 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    edited June 2018
    @DLpanda08 Totally get how a surprise might be pretty stressful in that situation. Love the fortune cookie idea! That is totally a contender! @jandd2014 change your settings on FB so that you have to approve anything you are tagged in or anything shared to your timeline before it gets posted. Or just change it so that nobody can tag you in anything or share anything to your timeline until after baby is born. I do that for my birthday every year because I don't want my mom to post her sappy, fake shit all over my timeline. It won't prevent the picture or post from showing up on the original poster's timeline, so if you share FB friends, those people will still see it, but it's just one more safeguard you can use in addition to telling people not to post anything pregnancy or baby related. *typo
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    We are telling friends and family in person or over the phone. I dumped most of social media a while ago. We might do the Starbucks pregnancy announcement for a giggle. Mainly because this babe literally loves it. I drink anything from there and my intense nausea goes away lol
  • Options
    @Nirolosa what is the Starbucks pregnancy announcement!?
  • Options
    Hi! First post here :) I think I'm going to take a funny face picture of each of my boys, then one of myself, and just put a one-word caption on each photo: "Here We Grow Again!" We'll have 4 under 4, and I already look pretty pregnant, so I don't think we'll keep it secret much past the first appointment next week.
  • Options
    jandd2014 said:
    For those of you who are choosing not to announce on social media, are you specifically asking family and friends not to post anything either? With DD, I had a lot of complications and chose not to announce until after she was born- but my bff posted a few pics from my baby shower and I was pretty mad. With this one, I’m not planning to announce online until after the birth again, but I feel like I need to ask certain people not to post. 
    I’m going to have to this time. We don’t do social media announcements in general and prefer to tell family and close friends in person or over the phone if we have to. My mom was great at keeping it on the low with my first two, but last year when my brother and his wife were expecting, my mom kept putting up thinly-veiled comments about it on Facebook. She knew what day they were planning to post their announcement but she totally blew up their spot. As a result she doesn’t get to find out this time until we’re ready for the world to know because I don’t necessarily trust her anymore not to post something even if I ask her not to.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*
  • Options
    We called the family this week after a good u/s with hb at 10w. Our parents knew at 6w but we finally called my 4 brothers and sisters to let them know, plus my aunts and uncles.

@jandd2014 @snackheart I didn’t think I would have to tell my own parents not to post on Facebook (we told them early and said “we aren’t telling anyone else yet.”) and then my smom shared a video this week (publicly!) of a baby product and tagged me saying “[featherchicki] you might want to bookmark this.” So when I told my uncle I was pregnant he was like, “Oh I was wondering after she made that Facebook post.” 

Ugh!! I’m trying not to make a big deal out of it because she technically didn’t spill the beans. All our family and friends know we went thru a mc in January so they all know we want to start a family. But really?! She couldn’t have shared that privately?!
  • Options
    snackheartsnackheart member
    edited June 2018
    @featherchicki yeah that is the kind of stuff I’m talking about. It’s not that my mom literally went on and posted “I’m going to be a grandmother again yippee!!!1!” but more those kinds of things and making references that it doesn’t take too much detective work to figure out what it means.

And yes your mom definitely could’ve done that privately lol
  • Options
    I’m thinking of getting a shirt similar to this to announce!  I’ll still wait another month or so probably. 
  • Options
    @featherchicki I hate FB so much sometimes. I had commented on a Solly Baby giveaway- FB decided that my SIL needed to see my comment on the giveaway! I haven't told her yet so she was a little confused. 
  • Options
    @DLpanda08 oh no! I’m sorry you hurt your wrist but glad to hear baby is doing great. The announcement is beautiful!
  • Options
    @kmvisioli -I love the top one! They are all great though!
  • Options
    @kmvisioli I like the top one best! It took me forever to realize that the bottom picture was all three of your kiddos I thought it was all the same kid. Your boys look so alike! I’m sure your IRL friends would figure it out better than me though! 
  • Options
    LCRbelle said:
    @kmvisioli I like the top one best! It took me forever to realize that the bottom picture was all three of your kiddos I thought it was all the same kid. Your boys look so alike! I’m sure your IRL friends would figure it out better than me though! 
    Omg... I didn't realize the bottom one was it's own announcement until I read this.  I thought they were 4 separate announcements to choose from and it all the same kiddo.  Wow They do look so alike!!! 

@kmvisioli both are really cute!!!
  • Options
    @kmvisioli I like the top the best too. And agree your boys look so much alike! They are so adorable 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kmvisioli I love the top one! Your boys are precious.
  • Options
    We announced on DD's 2nd birthday because all the grandparents were in town for it. We brought her cake out and it said "Happy 2nd Birthday Big Sister!". We aren't announcing on social media this time and plan to just naturally tell extended family and friends as it comes up. 
  • Options
    We didnt announce on social media for our first, and I don't have any plans to announce this time. A few pictures showed up of me pregnant last time that my mom and SIL posted, but they asked first and I said I didnt care. I plan to keep the whole thing under wraps this time and then just post a video of our daughter meeting her sibling (those are my absolute favorite videos) and then announcing the birth at that time.

I'm also doing the same thing as last pregnancy and not announcing at work. I find it oddly entertaining to get looks from people and see who the first person is who asks. I'm at a new company this time with a lot of interesting people, so it will be fun to find out who the brave one is to ask first. 
  • Options
    Majority of CLOSE family know. We still haven't told our 4 year old daughter. Every time I think I am ready, I start having issues and think something bad is happening, and I decide to wait longer.  I have another appointment soon, and if all is ok then, we will go ahead and tell her.

We should also know the gender next week. July 4th we are having several people over (family) and I thought about getting cupcakes and have the bakery fill them with blue or pink cream, and then announce to them "if they want to know what we're having, dig into the cupcake".  We do want to tell our daughter first if shes having a brother or sister, so want to come up with something small/simple for her. I was thinking of a confetti pull string thingy... Thoughts are still in the works. :)