January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/4

124»

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/4

• Options
    The lady sitting in the cube directly in front of me (we share a wall) keeps tapping on her desk and i'm seriously trying to channel all of will power not to yell "WTF ARE YOU DOING????? TRYING TO START A BAND???"

It's been going on for hours and I can hear it over my podcast. I can't drown it out.  :s:s:s
  • Options
    @galactickates my coworker who I also share a wall with just finished cutting his nails. Because, ya know, he can't do that at home. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Noooooooooo @ladystout08 but why??????
  • Options
    Idk @galactickates . Because people suck?
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Idk @galactickates . Because people suck?
    Yep. Pretty much my sentiment. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel myself really cherishing these last few weeks of being able to sleep on my stomach. I weaned DD2 not too long ago and haven't been able to sleep on my stomach in forever. The getting up to pee in the middle of the night is kind of ruining it though. 

I slept on my stomach my whole first pregnancy (with one leg hiked up usually). Get yourself a cushy memory foam mattress topper and never stop!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    @AliKay20 Good for you! Having a supportive boss is really the best. I told mine at 6 weeks for a multitude of reasons, like the morning sickness issue, allowing me to stay off ladders (because of instability from morning sickness), and frankly, he loves babies and has two of his own... So he gets it. He's been much like your own boss - patient, understanding, accommodating, and he never balks when I ask him what kind of pregnancy and birthing decisions he and his wife made. I know that sounds weird, but he is a genuinely good person who was super involved in everything with his wife, and he loves to share knowledge.
  • Options
    I am SUPER lucky in that I work from
    home full time. So nobody can see me or my tired face! The next time they will see me is a meeting in late September and I was considering not telling them until then :) HA!
    On the cons side, though, I work in IT and am having to do a production turn right now (11:30pm EST). We have to make changes when the fewest people are using systems... so midnights on Fridays! So. Tired. And I have an all day meeting tomorrow for a volunteer group that starts at 9am. Waaaahhhh. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    I had to tell my boss right away because I’m a nurse and there are certain medications I can’t administer (like certain chemos and such) and illnesses I can’t be around, like shingles. My boss kept the last one under wraps until I was ready to tell everyone else, so I know I can trust her to do the same this time around.
  • Options
    The beauty of pregnancy: eat a ton to satisfy cravings for that moment and poop out pebbles because #constipation 

Bloat, you win this one. 
  • Options
    @AliKay20 That's what I tell my hubby! I'll have been eating all damn day to keep the MS down and to manage cravings... I'll go sit in the bathroom for half an hour, and come out complaining about stupid little deer pebbles. He can't believe it takes half an hour for deer pebbles with everything I've been eating, but man, he better start believing!
  • Options
    @saltedcaramel518 Woah!  It's a little creepy how perceptive little kids can be sometimes... 

• Options
    Dear Bump App: I get that I am ten weeks today, and my baby is apparently the size of a strawberry.  You do not need to send me the exact same notification ten times throughout the day. 

• Options
    I’m going to an Indian wedding reception tonight and am so not used to the cultural differences. I’m about to eat something at home because dinner won’t be served until 10pm. I also just napped until 5pm because I have no idea how in the world I’m going to keep myself awake late enough to enjoy the party!  It’s for a coworker and I haven’t told my job I’m pregnant yet so I also have to hide that from all my coworkers so I can’t act too exhausted!  Eek!!
  • Options
    I'm frustrated with where we live. I really want to get out of our small apartment before the baby comes, but that's looking less likely. Trying to find a house in a halfway decent school district with no more than an hour commute for DH that isn't super expensive is so hard. But our families are close by and DH loves it here and is 100% against moving anywhere else.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @pttomato I think I remember seeing you are in the Denver area. We are in the Springs and desperately wanted to go back to Denver but prices right now are insane. I’m praying something shifts soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @oldiebutgoodie80 We used to be in Denver, but we are in CA now.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @pttomato Ah! Even worse!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    AshVA said:
    Dear Bump App: I get that I am ten weeks today, and my baby is apparently the size of a strawberry.  You do not need to send me the exact same notification ten times throughout the day. 
    Yes!! I thought I was doing something wrong, they just kept coming!!  :D
  • Options
    Thank god for my husband lately. He has been saving us on the grocery shopping/cooking front lately. That is usually all me, but I can’t stand to even be in the kitchen or a grocery store right now. If it weren’t for him, my kids would be eating PB&J 3 meals a day! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    When your dog silently farts, it’s pretty bad. When you’re pregnant and he silently farts, you consider giving him away for the next 6 months. WHAT THE $&!@. This is so brutal.
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    @beachmama14 After gagging and crying my way through my weekly grocery shop the last few weeks, I've resorted to ordering my groceries online and then picking up my order. This service is a godsend for a pregnant lady!!!!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    A grocery delivery service just came to one of our grocery stores.   The promotional event was 50% off for the year.... so I signed right on up for it!  I'm excited!
  • Options
    @AliKay20 Literally just went through this! Hahaha
  • Options
    @AliKay20 we call them garbage farts in our house. Our Bichon has been having on and off diarrhea the last month. Oh the smells.