BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: UO Thursday 5/31

• Options
    Oh damn... I had thought of 2 earlier this week, but of course now I can't think of them and I didn't write them down.  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @highsteaks I love that show! My husband and I watched episodes of that for months in the post-bedtime evening. I agree SJP was awesome and I think she's too-often typecast and not given real opportunities to display her comedic talent.

• Options
    Oh, I have one! DH and I got into an argument about this last night.

UO: I love stepping out from an air conditioned building into a hot and humid day. It's like slipping into a warm bath. (Now, it gets old pretty quick, don't get me wrong, but I love that initial feeling. ) 
  • Options
    @amjschmidt whoa, team your husband on this one!  ;)
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom I think you are feeling what a lot of moms feel. I mentioned earlier that I ended up combo feeding my baby. I’m not going to lie that it didn’t upset me at first that it came to that, but I got over it pretty quickly. 

I think the the nice thing about being a second time mom is that I give wayyyyy less about certain societal pressures. I’m sure I won’t put myself through what I did with my son if exclusively breastfeeding doesn’t work out with this little one. 
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy Everyone should do what works best for them, and a Mother’s mental health and happiness is extremely important.

Yes! Yes! Yes! To schedules. I don’t side eye people who don’t do them because I have come across some kiddos who are really just go with the flow and do fine. My son definitely needs structure and i am VERY strict when it comes to sleep. For the most part, he is an excellent sleeper, and I’d like to keep it that way. I’m sure I’ve gotten a side-eye because I’ll skip an event or leave early because I’m not willing to push bedtime/nap time back. I can be a little flexible sometimes. Maybe 30 or so minutes, but I’m not willing to go past that. 
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy you're not alone. I also do not plan on breastfeeding. I did with DS for the first 3 months but I was working 12 hour shifts, trying to find time for pump breaks and my supply was never that great because of it. I also will hopefully be in my first year of teaching this time around so having to figure out pumping schedules and just deal with the stress of it just seems too overwhelming to me. I may try to pump while on maternity leave but I'm not going to stress myself out over it, baby will get fed one way or another.
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy I don’t view that as unpopular at all. I think that if you refuse to do it because you just couldn’t wait to be able to have nightly cocktails again or you didn’t want your boobs to sag or something then that would probably be unpopular but not if you have a genuine medical reason. I hope none of that is unpopular LOL. One of my childhood best friends also has PCOS  and just had a little girl who she isn’t able to breast-feed and she was feeling really guilty about it. I was like “Girl your baby is a damn miracle! Who cares how she’s getting her nutrition as long as she’s getting it.”

@lifesabeach85 Yep. A family member of mine was out shopping yesterday and complained about how terrible her son was being. I asked what time of day it was and surprise surprise, it was lunchtime. You would never catch me out  and about with DD at that time unless we were going to get food. And she gets angry when he falls asleep in the car because it means he won’t nap at home....maybe stop driving around town during the times he typically naps? I don’t know just a suggestion. 
     Also totally agree with you on adult only events. I actually will bow out of meeting up with friends sometimes if I don’t have childcare because I know I’ll be spending the entire time wrangling my toddler. That’s not fun for me or for them. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    +1 to adult only events. It annoys me when kids are at weddings, we just got married and invited no kids except family to ours and it was delightful! 
  • Options
    We are a family that has a pretty flowing schedule. Unfortunately, it is necessary in our life. As a teacher, I come home any time from 4 to 6 depending on how much work I have. Also, my husband works over night so he isn't awake until I come home. He also has to do a lot of double shifts so on those nights, I have to do everything. Our dinners are almost always on the late side and that makes bedtime later side too. It is not something I really enjoy but it is just a fact of life. And don't get me started on nights that we have girl scouts or other things we have to do!
  • Options
    We don’t tell our baby name to anyone at all (I don’t even share it with my FB froups from my previous BMBs, haha) until after the baby is born. 

Also I HATED breastfeeding. Hated. With my first, my milk just never came in. It did with my second, but I hated every second of it and didn’t last very long. I’m hoping to EP this time, because I was too overwhelmed with a (high needs) newborn and a 1-year-old to stick with it last time (for cost purposes...formula is expensive, ha). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @pink_polkadots - I think breastfeeding pictures can be tastefully done. I'm kind of split because I don't love the AW part of posting them online, but part of me knows how freaking hard it is (it took us 3 weeks to get DS to finally transfer milk correctly) and mama's should be proud of that. People post pics of their kids bottle feeding so as long as it's a tasteful picture (not all/mostly boob) I don't see the difference. Be proud of however you feed your kiddo! 

I think it's odd people name their babies before they meet them. We had two names going in with DS and waited until we saw him to pick one. We'll do the same with this baby (if we ever narrow down names for a boy and girl, ha).
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 I totally agree. Ds was a late term preemie and I had to triple feed the first 6 weeks of his life because his suck, swallow, breathe reflex wasn't fully developed. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, trying to breastfeed and succeed. You better believe I have pics that document the hard as well as the good. We bf up until I got this bfp, so for 2 years. I wouldn't have stopped, but my nips felt like they were soaking in acid every time he latched. 

Breastfeeding isn't something that comes easily and naturally as everyone thinks. You have work and fight for it. Your mindset sets the tone for your whole success. In my case, I was to stubborn to admit defeat when I had the supply, but my kid just didn't know how to do it. The LC saved us and I will never forget my tear filled times in their office, crying about how I would never be able to feed my kid. You have to have support, and the will to do it. If you don't, it's very hard to succeed. 
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 I thought it was odd to name a child before meeting them, until I had my first and sat in the hospital for the full two days feeling stressed out about picking a name. We went in with 5, narrowed it to 3, and then I was stumped. He really didn’t look like anything but a squishy newborn.

This time around I want to go in being 99% sure of the name and have one back-up just in case the one we pick just doesn’t feel right. 

I can be an indecisive person, so I think it’s important for me to try to have the name finalized as much as possible before baby arrives. 
  • Options
    regarding breastfeeding: @mockingjay1@wildrainbow
    long version in spoiler; short version below.
    what you ladies said really resonated with me. i still want to tear up right now thinking about how frustrated i was at the hospital those first few days. dd1 was <2% for gestational age at birth, jaundiced, and absolutely could not latch and eat. and, sadly in my case, most of the nurses and even the lc that stopped in could not help her, but they were so forceful and pushy about making me breastfeed even though i knew i was not transferring colostrum to her. i had taken a breastfeeding class previously, read extensively about it, and was still unprepared for difficulty. now, looking back, i realize that it was most likely because my dd was too weak/small to nurse, and we should have started her with bottles. but there was so much pressure on me to keep trying for a long time, perhaps because my hospital pressured the nurses to maintain a high rate of breastfeeding success. it wasn’t a good atmosphere. to add insult to injury, once i made the decision to feed her formula until my milk came in, the hospital staff gave me a hard time every time i asked for more because they were running low. it was a long holiday weekend. they gave me a hand pump to try to express milk. you guys, it was so ridiculous. i was a first time mom and had no idea what to do. it was not until the middle of the third night after dd was born that i got a new nurse who came in, saw me struggling with the hand pump, and was totally wtf were those other nurses thinking, let’s get you an electric pump. it was a game-changer for me. i am so thankful for her, for she truly saved my breastfeeding relationship with my dd. when we were discharged, we rented the exact same hospital grade pump from a local medical supply company and i used it exclusively for a month, pumping for every single feed, then bottle feeding my daughter. in between feeds, we “practiced” latching, and right around when she reached her original due date was when we finally had success, and she was able to eat straight from the tap. we breastfed until she was 26 months old. i am very proud of that.
    tl;dr: breastfeeding is really freaking hard, even if you know/think you know what you’re doing. i wish someone warned me during pregnancy that breastfeeding is NOT easy and as natural as the reading material suggests. it probably would have saved me a lot of grief in the first few weeks. having a positive and supportive staff at the hospital is key. i had a hard time, but kept at it, and in my case i thankfully got to a good point. but that isn’t the case for everyone, and that’s OK! fed is best.
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots oh, my comment was in no way an attack against yours, i just saw an opportunity to tell my peace to others that struggling is not abnormal. i’m totally with you on how some women can be too militant or in your face about it, and that really does more of a disservice.
  • Options
    @highsteaks I know! I was just trying to clarify for others that I am in no way saying breastfeeding shouldn’t be celebrated or commemorated. If you are able to breastfeed then you should absolutely be proud of yourself, because it is hard. I just think some people on social media take it too far. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots and to be honest, your original comment was very clear on that point, to me. just, reading mockingjay and wannaflickone’s stories struck a nerve with me, so i had to get it out.
  • Options
    Like I said... absolutely take pictures, commemorate the amazing achievement. It is hard as hell, trust me, I know. I didn’t say all pictures of breastfeeding were bad. I just don’t want to scroll through Instagram and see your boobs with sparkles, doggy ears and a photo filter with a bunch of lame ass hash tags. #bestmomeverrrrr #omglookatmyboobs #imbreastfeedinglookatmelookatme that’s clearly been posted for attention and likes. 
    OMG I can't believe people post that! Obviously not tasteful ;) I didn't mean to imply you said they were all bad, sorry if I came across like that. I've been fortunate to only see pretty tasteful ones on social media and not the trashy kind of ones you describe. Yikes.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @MouseMama817 but I guess we have done something to anger admin since they won’t sticky our anatomy scan thread 

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 it's probably because we all get along so well and they have nothing to do, so they are petuantly ignoring us. 

@pink_polkadots I in no meant to say that you hated all bf pics, I really hope it didn't come off that way and if it did, I'm sorry. Ds didn't reach his birth weight until he was 6 weeks old because he used all the calories he got to bf, hence the triple feeding for so long. 
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years I'm with you with the flowing schedule! Kudos to you though, I am not nearly as busy! Teachers work so hard and I'm sure your schedule fluctuates like crazy depending on the time of year. My husband works nights at a school except for in the summer it switches to mornings, and on special days/vacation times during the school year it changes up drastically. It gets pretty hard to stick to a schedule, especially because my son is absolutely obsessed with his daddy and wants to do everything with him, and will try to stay up until he's home or cuddle/sleep in with him later into the morning than most toddlers. I can usually count on a nap about 5 hours after he wakes up (recently he has been waking up at 9, naps around 2), and he always lets me know what he needs/wants! I don't find it too chaotic. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lifesabeach85 Okay don’t judge me....what does it mean to sticky something?