November 2018 Moms

ATTN: LURKERS ~ why don’t you post?

highsteakshighsteaks member
edited May 2018 in November 2018 Moms
why don’t you play with us?

ATTN: LURKERS ~ why don’t you post? 43 votes

you all are cliquey b*tches and i feel sorry for your babies.
9% 4 votes
i’m too busy
16% 7 votes
i’m too confused/overwhelmed
20% 9 votes
i’m waiting for my time to shine
2% 1 vote
i’m not actually pregnant or due in november and i don’t want everyone to know how creepy i am for lurking
11% 5 votes
i do participate somewhat regularly, and i’m excited there’s a button for me to push!
37% 16 votes
special snowflake, i will explain below
2% 1 vote

Re: ATTN: LURKERS ~ why don’t you post?

• Loading the player...
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    I feel bad for not posting more, too.  I'm here every day, checking in, but don't always have the time or energy to get involved in everything that's going on.

I'm paranoid that I'm a lurker and not a regular, but not voluminous poster now, though. :sweat::lol:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• I really wanna vote that we're cliquey b*tches for the ell of it but I won't :lol:

Also +1 to what neverland said, there's nothing wrong with lurking, we just like to interact with people and get to know ya!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Man, I feel like a lurker if I have a "quiet" week. B)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • some of you apologizing i feel post and contribute way more than i do. also, yes, i’m not intending to make lurkers feel bad whatever their reason. just trying to figure out what we can do to draw you in.
  • I feel like a lurker but I hate posting from my phone. Usually by the time I get through reading all of the comments so that I can post my 3 year old demands my attention and I get pulled away. 
  • I'm recovering from a week away from home and watching 4 kids. I'm exhausted. Sorry my participations hasn't been up to par, ladies. I'm barely forming coherent thoughts. 
  • Mainly I hate typing on my phone. 

I also feel a little different and Crunchy, so I try to not let my weird out too much.

But....its nice to have others on the same-wish timeline because other p just dont get it when you complain about not being able to eat tacos.  

I also get a little weirded about how 'public' these boards are and how easy it is for a non techy like me to find out a lot of information.  Just sits uneasy and I'm  bound to say something stupid in my sleep deprived pregnancy brain.
  • linz36linz36 member
    I used to be more active but I’m simply exhausted. Sometimes I can’t think of anything interesting to say lol.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    I haven't even been lurking much lately. Life's just been so busy. When I do get on here, I will just spend a few minutes lurking and love-titing but hardly have time to respond. I need to do better! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited May 2018
    I'll play. I voted "I'm waiting for my time to shine," because none of the options really encompassed why I don't post. I'm not pregnant currently. I lurk because I enjoy reading drama, (haha) and I like reading things like the product spotlights to see new perspectives on things I might buy next time around.

I try to only chime in if I had/have a different experience with or perspective on whatever it is than what is being posted. Nipple shields for example. I will chime in on that because using one saved my ability to nurse. I would not have been able to nurse and continue nursing due to the extreme pain that was slightly relieved with the shield if I hadn't used it. Most of the opinions on nursing shields (in general, not talking just about this board. I don't think I've seen anything on them yet on here) tend to be negative or say that they're bad. They are not, and they have their place, so if all I see is posts bashing nipple shields, I'll chime in with my experience as someone who is so grateful for my midwife giving me one because I didn't know they existed. 

So anyway, I don't participate more because I'm not pregnant, but I like to give input when I feel it will add to the conversation or bring up another perspective. 
  • @lovesclimbing thanks for candidly responding. also, what kind of climbing do you do? i think rock climbing is so awesome and i wish i could get into it.
  • bkosybkosy member
    @lovesclimbing I used a nipple shield a couple of times with my first born. We probably wouldn't have figured out breastfeeding without it!
  • I totally side-eyed the not-even-pregnant option, but then @lovesclimbing explained herself in such a chill, honest way that I was like, 'Oh, yeah, that makes complete sense!' Thanks so much for posting! 
  • @highsteaks - this thread made me laugh especially when u said someone voted cliquey b*tches. This was definitely a good thread to make.

• @kamahina9 the credit for the “cliquey bitches i feel sorry for your babies” joke definitely belongs to @lifesabeach85 from the FFFC thread. it was too funny and i wanted to see if anyone would throw down with it. some of the ladies here seem fiesty enough that it would be fun to watch. we still don’t know who the 1 voter is yet, though! 
  • @highsteaks I need to know who the cliquey bitch voter is. >:) COME FORTH!
  • @msb11182018 yes, this is how I feel. It is awkward to post from my phone, and my toddler is demanding!
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• mrsdrezmrsdrez member
    I'm just generally more of an observer aka lurker. I feel like I don't actually have that much to contribute but I'm learning lots from you guys.. and getting some good chuckles. 
  • @lovesclimbing thanks for candidly responding. also, what kind of climbing do you do? i think rock climbing is so awesome and i wish i could get into it.
    Yup, rock climbing. Bouldering and top rope as well as occasional ice climbing. I'd like to start learning trad climbing but haven't had the chance yet. 

It's not hard to get into! Find a gym and sometimes you have to take a class to get certified. It's super easy. They just show you how to tie into the rope and belay if you don't know how and some basic safety lessons. Different areas will have bigger or smaller holds or overhangs or whatever to be easier or harder. Oftentimes, indoor gyms have routes marked out with colored tape, and the idea is you only use the marked holds and not any others to make a difficult or moderate or easy climb. 
  • @lovesclimbing ice climbing?! totally fangirling over here. so cool. where are you at? i’ve done a tiny bit of gym climbing in the past, and took an “adventure” course my last semester of college where i learned to belay and tie ropes and safety skills, but that feels like forever and a day ago (and 25lbs ago...). i’ve heard the area i’m in (wv near the appalachian mts) has some decent climbing, but i can’t imagine getting away from the little ones to do that now, especially when i’m basically starting from the very beginning.
  • @lovesclimbing ice climbing?! totally fangirling over here. so cool. where are you at? i’ve done a tiny bit of gym climbing in the past, and took an “adventure” course my last semester of college where i learned to belay and tie ropes and safety skills, but that feels like forever and a day ago (and 25lbs ago...). i’ve heard the area i’m in (wv near the appalachian mts) has some decent climbing, but i can’t imagine getting away from the little ones to do that now, especially when i’m basically starting from the very beginning.
    I live in Alaska and climbed on frozen waterfalls. 

I actually haven't done a lot of any kind of climbing (besides hiking mountains) recently. My husband and I did it a lot when we were dating and first married. Then we moved somewhere without a lot of climbing options due to the geology of the area, and then I got pregnant and had a baby. We've moved and could go, but yea, not so easy with a baby. Actually, I'm now inspired to go and do some climbing! We could definitely take our baby and just boulder so no one would have to belay and someone could stay on the ground all the time. We also have friends who climb, so could always go with a group and then there's enough people to belay and stay on the ground with the baby! 

Now I'm getting the itch, haha! 
  • @lovesclimbing that sounds like a great plan. now i’m feeling itchy too. sigh, can’t scratch that for a little while, though.
  • I'm a little intimayed and also super busy with work (most nights I have enough energy to eat dinner and then crash). I try and post a few times a week though.  My goal think the is to postal little bit more. 
  • I have been sick so have been off the past week or so. Finally feeling better! I find it difficult to converse on the Bump app and I am never on a computer. I wish the app had notifications. I start to get lost in long threads. Just my 2 cents. I enjoy this group of moms though!

• I am still very tired and have had severe headaches. Plus, after being told by my OB that everyting was fine, her office called back a week ago to annonce me I have early gestionnal diabetes....yay! I knew I was high risk, but I had hoped to be spared just a little longer. So right now I'm coping and not feeling very chatty.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EvilRaccoon ugh that sucks! excuse me, i can’t see siggys on mobile— how many weeks are you? and definitely feel free to vent about gd or anything on the board! that’s part of why we’re here!