October 2018 Moms

Fit Friday

I'll start it b/c I am on here and bored! 

How many weeks are you?

What have you done to exercise? Any modifications?

How do you plan to stay active once baby is here

Any memorial day plans

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Fit Friday

• Laumb11Laumb11 member
    How many weeks are you?
    21w

Mayhem at Orange Theory this week so went Sun/ Tues/Wed and today

My ideal is to run with baby or get up before DH has to go to work. Most likely I will use the treadmill at home a little. 

Any memorial day plans
    Nope, we are boring.

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited May 2018
    How many weeks are you?
    19+4

Went to CrossFit once this week. For me, squats have been difficult to come out of because I'm an ass to grass squatter, so now that everything is looser in the hips, I feel pretty unsteady. I've been backing off the weight, and skipping any pause squats and trying to focus on just hitting parallel.

That being said, mayyy have overdone it yesterday because my sciatica is insane right now, and kept me up all night. Or it flared up because I got food poisoning or something. IDK, it just sucks.

So DH joined CrossFit last summer, and now since I'm pregnant he's on a really big fitness kick, even more so than he was before. He's trying to convince me to let him buy a barbell and bumper plates for our garage. In theory, I'm on board with it, because it would make my post partum recovery easier when I don't have to leave my house to work out, and can lift anytime. But we will also still keep our memberships, so I don't want to waste money and never use the barbell at home. Sigh. 

Either way, I think DH and I will have to adjust work schedules, and switch to afternoon workouts so we can have a baby handoff at the gym haha.

Any memorial day plans
    Hopefully feeling well enough to go to my mom's house Sunday for a BBQ and pool time. Also, will laugh at everyone doing Murph on Monday, including DH.
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks are you? 18w1d

What have you done to exercise? Any modifications? This week I went to the gym only twice and just did our normal light (for me) lifting. This weekend I plan to walk a lot since the weather is supposed to be decent!

How do you plan to stay active once baby is here This is going to be a tricky one because we usually go in the mornings and the daycare at the gym is only open in the evenings. DH and I were just talking about this the other day. When baby is little we will probably switch days on and off so we can each go a few times a week and the other will take care of the baby. Once the baby gets a little older and I feel comfortable leaving them in the childcare at the gym we will probably switch to evenings. I would love to be active outside and take the baby on lots of walks, but here in MI by November it will be way too cold and I hate walking in the snow now so I know it won’t happen much with a stroller.

Any memorial day plans Nothing really set. DH and FIL are supposed to start working on the baby room so fingers crossed that is still their plan, in which case I will just catch up on all the homework I’m behind on. If the weather is nice we might go to the ILs on Monday so we can use the pool, and they would probably cook for us! Only problem is I don’t have a bathing suit yet and definitely don’t feel comfortable in a bikini right now so we will have to see if I have time to go and get one.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @jemmerjams Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is Murph?
  • @spartan4life its a CrossFit workout that people do on memorial day, honoring a fallen veteran (nickname was Murph). If I remember correctly, you first run a mile. Then do 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, and 300 air squats (can break up however). And then to finish it all off, you run another mile.

It sound awful to me, especially in HTX heat. So I'm going to bring my dog and watch. And laugh when everyone starts complaining that their hands have ripped from doing so many pull ups. 
  • @jemmerjams Wow that sounds tough! Awesome reason to do something like that, but yeah I would definitely be on the sidelines too lol
  • Laumb11Laumb11 member
    @jemmerjams
    I'm not a crossfit person and thought about doing it, but yea even push ups are getting harder :( I can do the squats and run lol

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Laumb11 oh I couldn't do a push up normally, and now it just pulls in all the weird places, even from my knees. also, can't run...I'm so damn slow now!
  • Laumb11Laumb11 member
    @jemmerjams
    Yes, it's sad :( I  usually can do them but was doing them on my knees on Tuesday and was like this sucks. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad it’s not just me! Planks/push-ups are way more tiring now... 

How many weeks are you? 
    21 weeks! 
    Just Pilates this week. I think I need different running shoes. My arches are cramping like crazy when I run, now :/ 
    I’ve just started modifying/skipping rollups and curlups. They’ve finally started to feel “off”
    Great question! Hoping to get a treadmill or bike for the garage since PNW winters are not the best for outdoor activities. 
    Any memorial day plans
    Flying out to VA to visit friends. Any last minute flight advice? 
  • @halfanewt make sure you get up during the flight. My OB says about once an hour. I wore compression socks too. Also stay hydrated!
  • How many weeks are you? 20 weeks

What have you done to exercise? Any modifications? Went to hardcore fitness 2x, doing any sort of cardio makes me feel like vomiting. Squats are getting harder.

How do you plan to stay active once baby is here? I did a free personal training session and thought about doing it but the cost is just so much.

Any memorial day plans? Nothing fun here
  • How many weeks are you? 21 tomorrow so I'll round up 

What have you done to exercise? Any modifications? Jillian Michaels workout x2, yoga x1 and treadmill x1 so hit my goal of doing something active 4x this week! I've been having really bad hip/groin pain on my left side where I can't spread my legs very wide (sad for sexy time). According to google this could be pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain? So I've had to modify almost everything I do to make sure my hips stay aligned. I did sumo squats on Monday and felt like I was going to die Tuesday so lesson learned there. Midwife referred me to a chiro so hopefully they can help. 

We converted one of our bedrooms into a gym and plan to keep that so really no excuses to not work out. DH and I plan to take turns probably in the mormings taking care of baby so that we can get our workouts in. 

Any memorial day plans
    Mostly catching up on schoolwork but we do have a first birthday party to go to which should be fun! 
  • How many weeks are you?

I walk 4-5 days out of the week. Used to run but found it very uncomfortable in the first trimester with the nausea so I started walking instead. I’m trying to get back to doing it every single day.  This week I started to incorporate more strength with an app that has 20 minute prenatal workouts. I want to do that at least 3 days per week.  I’m hoping that checking in with you all will keep me accountable!

We bought ourselves a treadmill for Christmas because we both ran so much and it was more cost effective than gym memberships! I plan to keep walking through the winter when baby has arrived.

Any memorial day plans
    Pretty chill weekend, a couple of parties to go to but Monday we have absolutely no plans and I’m keeping it that way!
  • rc-colarc-cola member
    How many weeks are you?
    21!

I recently bought a pregnancy harness for rock climbing so I’ve been using that. Still running but much less than I used to. And swimming. Push ups were never my thing but definitely even harder now.

Running stroller? Our rock gym is very baby friendly so probably going there still.

Any memorial day plans
    Visiting my 94 yr old grandmother for the weekend and watching my brothers adorable new puppy. Then heading to the in laws for the day itself. 
  • How many weeks are you? 20! 

What have you done to exercise? Any modifications? This morning I went to a Fit4Baby, a workout class for pregnant women. It was outdoors which made me want to try it since it was a beautiful morning. I wasn’t sure what to expect but we ran the steps at the park, did squats, lunges, resistance band work, push-ups, etc. It was a great workout!   

How do you plan to stay active once baby is here? I have been seeing a trainer once a week at my gym since the month before I got pregnant and she gives me copies of all our workout routines. I plan to keep my gym membership and then use those workouts plus the classes to get back into my routine. My husband and I have opposite workout schedules so we can watch the baby during each other’s workouts 

Any memorial day plans? Not on the day itself. My husband and I are going to the pool tomorrow and to look at baby nursery decor on Monday. That’s about it. 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20