July 2018 Moms
Options

Things People Say to Pregnant Women

12346»

Re: Things People Say to Pregnant Women

• Options
    Dh just told me he hopes I can hold off from going to l&d until 6pm, when he gets off work. F you dude.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SmashJam right?  "when are you due?"
    Me: yesterday! Them: oh.... Backs away slowly 
  • Options
    “Stop eating so much - he’ll be a 12lb baby!” - my most gracious mother. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have two new ones:

DH- You know there are people who do nothing and go into labor? Why do you try so hard? (Uh, because I've never gone into labor on my own I AM CLEARLY NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE)

Person at farm playgroup this morning: Out here picking blueberries? If that doesn't send you into labor nothing will! Spoiler: I've been once already and did NOT go into labor. This was time #2. Sigh.
  • Options
    Today at grocery store:
     "Oh man do you look uncomfortable!" What the eff? This is the first time I've been like, "REALLY?!" in my head when someone said something about pregnancy.

"Are you gonna have to go through the whole summer like that?" - its the end of july. Its been the whole summer basically. 

Both people were surprised that I was due today, and that shut them up pretty quick, lol.  I get to be uncomfy rollin' through the store at 40 weeks with babe head butting my cervix. Guess I should work on my pain game face for public spaces, lol. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam I was at target two days before my due date and when the cashier asked when I’m due (of course, because it’s basically impossible to go anywhere or shop at any store pregnant without having to answer that freaking question) and I said in 2 days, she couldn’t believe I was so close to my due date and out doing errands and made such a huge deal about it. I wanted to be like, I’m sorry, am I too pregnant to leave my house? Should I just be bed ridden until I pop? So annoying! 
  • Options
    @zande2016 @SmashJam with my DS I was due in December and hosted thanksgiving at my house for all the single coworkers of my husband and I (military). When we were at whole foods grocery shopping the cashier was staring at me and said “Should you really be hosting thanksgiving when you are literally due any day?” I was only 32 weeks at the time. I looked at her, my husband put his hand on my arm, I smiled and said “I still have eight weeks before baby comes so I’m not too worried about how many people I’m cooking for. Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I can’t keep living my life.” She turned red and tried to tell me I looked great. Bye, Felicia. I’m done with you.

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018