October 2018 Moms

Symptoms 5/21

Re: Symptoms 5/21

• I think I'm going to talk to my dr about my arms falling asleep at my appt tomorrow. I mostly sleep on my side with my hands up by my face. It actually goes away if I sleep on my back (with a side propped up a bit).
  • My arms and hands have been falling asleep since about 10w.  I ended up getting a memory foam mattress topper, and that has helped.  

Between the facts that it is my arms from the elbow down, the foam topper helped, and I am not experiencing it during the day (unless reading while laying down), I doubt it is carpal tunnel, but I could be wrong.  It seems to be related more to something going on in/near my shoulders or elbows.  I actually stopped sleeping on my stomach really early because that really exacerbated the issue.  
  • Loading the player...
  • 18+4 
    Overall, I've been feeling great. However, lately I've been battling awful headaches here and there and I'm not sleeping well :( I havent gotten heartburn, lightening crotch, BH, or sciatica yet this pregnancy, so I'll take the headaches and not sleeping well for now. lol
  • Just wanted to add the my hips are really ache, my calves are sore and I feel like I have shin splints. I don't run so I'm not sure what that is about. 

I have carpal tunnel (had it before getting pregnant with DS) @sammierose464 I dont think what you have is it but I could be wrong. I agree that it's sounds like its the way you are sleeping, maybe pinching/putting pressure on a nerve?
  • I think I need to find time to see my chiro, hoping that might help it.
  • 17 + 2 
    Still getting nausea/barfing on occasion - and my aversion to certain foods/smells has picked way way back up again.
    I am really back and forth on energy levels - some days all I can do is sleep and other days I feel pretty normal. Insomnia has definitely amped up the past few weeks - most nights I'm up for a few hours in the middle of the night. 
    Thankfully no major pain yet (sorry for all those of you that the sciatica/back pain/etc. has kicked in - that's the worst!) but I have been getting some wicked headaches. I do think it's from being dehydrated though as it does tend to be linked to how much water I consume so I am trying to be more aware of that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @sammierose464 @chopchop25 my hands/arms will go numb when I wake up on my back. Occasionally, my arms go numb when I'm sleeping on my side, probably because they are at a weird angle (nothing new, that happened before.)
  • jynjer4jynjer4 member
    18+6 
    +1 for random body parts falling asleep. I thought with all the extra blood in my body it didn’t make sense but obviously I’m uneducated. 
    My tailbone/lower back is soooo much better since I found an amazing prenatal chiro who actually knows what he’s doing. He doesn’t even charge an arm and a leg. $35/visit unless you do his pregnancy care package which I’m seriously considering. I’m so happy I switched to him! Speaking of, since my 3rd visit I haven’t noticed my arms falling asleep as much. Coincidence?
    Heartburn= still living on papaya enzyme. 
    The incredible bitchiness has let up! I’ve been in a great mood most of the time so I’m almost worried something is wrong! Could just be because I’ve been well satisfied in the bedroom lately lol
    Coconut oil has helped my itchy skin so that’s not bad anymore either. Maybe 2nd tri bliss isn’t a myth after all!
  • I posted this in WTF but I’m also posting here... been up since 4:30 with ridiculous low back pain. It’s very dull and achey, but makes it impossible to sleep or get comfy.  Even with my snooker!!!!  Is this sciatica? I’ve had it last 2 nights... ugh. A heating pad is seeming to help a little but now I’m grumpy
  • My belly button popped out a week ago and hasn't gone back in. I had a innie last pregnancy but my belly button is all out this time. I do not like it but at least no one can see it. 
  • Is anyone else having pelvic pain? Mine is a dull ache and gets worse doing certain things like shifting in bed. It only started after my anatomy scan when the doc pushed on my pelvic bone trying to see the hiding kid. I’m calling my doc today because I’m a cranky asshole over the pain.
  • @linssears4 that sounds like it could be sciatic heating pads and finding that juuuust right position.. my pain is on the right and I notice when I'm sleeping on my left it alleviates the pain enough for me to fall asleep.  Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done/: 

@HoosOnFirst no pelvic pain yet for me.. maybe the Dr gave you a slight bruise pushing and digging around?? Hope it gets better soon
  • Slept eh last night. Kept waking up after 2am as my hips hurt from laying on them. Finally partially laid on my body pillow so I could kinda sleep on my back and take some pressure off my hips. 
  • Anyone found a cure for insomnia? lol but seriously any tricks that work for you guys? I've tried a hot bath before bed, cup of tea. This week has been rough. I feel as though i rest my eyes for 6 hours and never actually get into a deep sleep.
  • @linssears4 definitely having low back pain, but also pretty bad sciatic pain on my left side. There's a big ol' knot on my left butt cheek/hip that's probably irritating a nerve somewhere. I try to stretch and use a heating pad. I thought my low back pain was because I overdid it rowing last Friday, but now I'm not convinced that's why it's STILL hurting. I am gonna blame sciatica. 

@momoflogan20 I officially have an outie again...had one for most of my childhood too.

So I accidentally dehydrated myself today... started feeling super nauseous and lightheaded and was like WTF, my nausea was gone?? Then I realized I worked out today, and then still haven't drank my normal pre-lunch water intake. Ugh. It's insane how sensitive we are to water intake while pregnant!!
  • @nasalot188 I've been taking benydrl.
  • @nasalot188 I second the benadryl.
  • @nasalot188 I told my doc I had insomnia at my 16 week appt and he kept me on Diclegis....I feel so weird taking it just to sleep, but he assured me it wasn't addictive. I'd assume benedryl is probably in a similar category. But talk to your OB if you can. Mine is always super concerned if I'm not sleeping well. That's why I was on Diclegis in the first place, my nausea was keeping me up for 2 hours in the middle of the night.
  • @nasalot188 - also, if you can manage it, turn off your electronics half an hour before bed.  Bedtime is also a perfect time to read books about birth and parenting because you don’t get worked up by/ sucked into the story. :D 
  • slizteesliztee member
    edited May 2018
    In addition to what @knottieamusements said, I also make sure my phone is on night mode every night before going to sleep. That way it doesn't make noise or light up, but my alarm will still go off in the morning (not that I use it - Jeff totally wakes me up with coffee every morning because I'm a brat). @nasalot188

• @nasalot188 I'll also add to what others have said, if you are still on electronic devices in the evening, get a blue light filter app that adjusts the screen color as the sun sets. Best bet is to just turn them off though.  ;)
  • jynjer4jynjer4 member
    Last night I gave DH some melatonin gummies and took some myself without thinking. Oops. I slept great until 4 though. 
  • @jynjer91 I take it every night. I can't sleep without it.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• So I just threw up for the first time ever this pregnancy. It was awful. I'm never eating anything spicy again. Also don't know if I have a stomach bug or food poisoning, or if it's just bad pregnancy nausea. Thankfully I left work early so I was home...think my dog was freaked out by the whole ordeal.

On the bright side, my stomach fullness feels so much better, probaby because it's completely empty now. 
  • Thanks ladies! My doc said the pelvic pain is probably temporary and to rest and take Tylenol. Can someone please tell my 3 year old?
  • @jemmerjams Ugh, puking is the worst. Thankfully I've only puked once this pregnancy too. I hope you feel better and it's not food poisoning!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Do the kicks or movements you guys feel yet sometimes take your breath away? And I don;t mean in a romantic/sweet 'oh my goodness I am making life!'  way, I mean literally in a 'that feels effing weird and I actually catch my breath'.
  • @kiwi2628 *if* I'm feeling movement, mine feel more like bubbles popping...I just felt that last night so maybe I'm just now starting! (19+3 weeks)
  • @jemmerjams oh, I know what I am feeling is movement (I have felt it for 2 weeks now), its mostly I didn't expect it to almost feel sometimes like that first moment when you drop down a roller coaster- like our stomach drops out. Its unsettling.
  • @kiwi2628 With Z, yes! He took my breath away constantly. #3 hasn’t done that to me yet but he’s a lot calmer than Z was. 

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @kiwi2628 yes I would describe it as unsettling and kind of like that roller coaster feeling sometimes. For me it’s not the kicks that feel like that, but just the general baby movement. Like I can feel that he’s moving around in there, and the pressure internally shifts in a way that just feels weird.  I both love it and I hate it at the same time haha 
  • @jemmerjams aww noo I am craving super spicy salsa and its the only craving ive had. Hope you feel better! I hate puking :(
  • slizteesliztee member
    edited May 2018
    I can’t really describe the feeling of him moving around in there, but if I were to...@pumpkinpancake was closest. 

ETA: I’ve never had vertigo, but I would guess it feels similarly?

@kiwi2628
  • @kiwi2628 - so far, I’ve only been feeling xem when I’m laying down quietly, and it is more like “wait?  what?  Oh!” 

I imagine that when they get stronger and I am noticing them at other times, it might me more unsettling.  
  • @tinattt23 - Haha- I’m weirdly looking forward to the experience.  I may decide after a time or two that it is not for me and Blast needs to behave.  Of course, xe won’t, and I can’t say I blame xem.  I don’t think I would want to spend several months cramped in a squishy wet cave.  
  • I mostly feel him on my bladder. If feels like weird muscle spasms right where my uterus would normally be. It's cool but uncomfortable. It makes me feel like I have to pee and a little nauseous.