October 2018 Moms

Sunday ticker change 5/20

edited May 2018 in October 2018 Moms

Ok Sunday ladies! We know the drill... unless pregnancy brain kicks in :) 

Questions stolen from Monday.  

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do?

Re: Sunday ticker change 5/20

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  20 weeks on the 20th of May! Baby is a banana or pint of beer.

2. How are you feeling? Had a mini meltdown last night when heartburn and many other things woke me up and I was darn tired and emotional. DH was a trooper and got up and we chatted and hugged :) I should be good for a while again! lol 

3. Any appointments this week? Yes!! We get to do the 20ish week U/S!! So very excited to see baby again! Unless there are any issues this is the last U/S, correct?

4. Rants/raves/questions? see above 

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? I work from home right now so it would be nice to just be a full SAHM but I do enjoy getting out of the house here and there for my job. I don't think I would change my job at all! I am living my dream.

• Loading the player...
  • @SweetSweetTooth Yes - usually last U/S usually unless they need to check things later down the road like position, etc. - I am super jealous you and @midwestmom12 have yours this week!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 17 - pomegranate

2. How are you feeling? Exhausted! I don't know if it's because I was away all week for a training course that consisted of an 80 hour work week or what but I have zero energy for anything and keep having to nap to get through the day. I know my iron was a touch low a while back so I've been eating iron-rich foods like crazy and so far they haven't made a difference. Heartburn has kicked in this week pretty good, but nausea has been a bit better.

3. Any appointments this week? Still nothing until next week when I have my 18 week midwife apt.

4. Rants/raves/questions? One more week of work travel this week and then hopefully I'll get to stay home for a while - I don't have the energy for the long days that go along with travelling right now!

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? Definitely some kind of marine biologist - working with animals and the ocean would be amazing and I always thought that's what I would end up doing until my first year of University where I fell in love with child development and abnormal psych.

Pregnancy Ticker

• jellybelly114jellybelly114 member
    edited May 2018

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 

20 weeks! Halfway!! Baby is the size of a banana

2. How are you feeling?

Overall, pretty good. Still having hip pain and now apparently my gums bleed every time I brush my teeth? More annoying than anything really. Was very sleepy this weekend so hoping that doesn't carry into the week. 

Anatomy scan on Wednesday too! DH and I can't wait!! 

No questions, just a mild rant I guess. I'm starting to look more pregnant but my bump is still so tiny. I had two people at work last week look at my stomach surprised when I told them I was 19 weeks pregnant. Maybe they think I just let myself go? haha I'm loving the HDBD thread seeing everyone's bumps, just waiting for mine to get bigger so people actually notice that I'm pregnant. 

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do?

This is a hard one bc I love my job so much! If I could do anything else, maybe I would run my own non-profit organization. I would love to be my own boss and also use my time and energy to make a difference in the world. 

edit to fix acronyms bc derp
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

19 weeks, mango 

2. How are you feeling?

Still pretty good. Dealing with some hip pain and heartburn, but nothing too extreme

Accupuncture appointment on Tuesday, and then the anatomy scan on Thursday. I’m excited that DH was able to get the morning off to come to the scan.

I just find it funny that I apparently look way more approachable when pregnant. I’m getting a lot more stranger small-talk than usual

I love my job (L&D nurse). But maybe midwifery or veterinary medicine.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

17 weeks. Baby is the size of a pomegranate for once my apps are on the same page!

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good, still dealing with the insomnia and headaches, I am really hoping this doesn’t continue for the rest of my pregnancy  

On Wednesday I see my doctor and hopefully I will finally get to hear the heartbeat, it feels like forever since I got to see it at my dating u/s.

I was hoping that I would be showing more by now, can’t wait for my belly to pop!

Was just talking about this at work the other day, I would love to work in a hospital and hug babies all day!

• @jandmnumber1 Lots of hospitals with NICUs have volunteer baby cuddlers! You basically go in and hold babies in the NICU whose parents can’t be with them (often because they live out of town and have other kids to take care of). Most of the volunteers I know are retirees, but it’s a neat opportunity!
  • @jennybean80 yes I have seen them advertised, but unfortunately I live in a small town 4 hours away from a big city with a nicu so no baby cuddling for me on a daily until my little bean comes :)
  • MissBridgMissBridg member
    edited May 2018

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 20 weeks!  Half baked!  Baby is a banana

2. How are you feeling? Feeling ok.  Stressed, AS on Tuesday.  But taking comfort in lots of baby movements.  ETA so. much. heartburn.

3. Any appointments this week? AS on Tuesday.  Moving on Tues/Wed.  Yes, I'm crazy.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Just need this week to end.

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do?  I would want a tenured faculty position in a musical theatre department at a university.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 19w+1 today! Finally starting to look pregnant! Baby is the size of a hot dog.

2. How are you feeling? Been feeling okay - just gassy and mildly uncomfortable during the night. 

3. Any appointments this week? I've got my anatomy ultrasound on Friday.

4. Rants/raves/questions? I can't find clothes that fit me right now! Too big for my jeans, too small for maternity jeans. I'm just glad it's finally dress weather. 

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? I always thought it'd be really fun to work in a resort town somewhere tropical - bartend at a beach bar, charter boat tours, etc. I just HAD to go to college.