Infertility

PCOS Sisters

Can we talk about painful sex? I didn’t know this was a symptom of PCOS until today. I’ve been dealing with this symptom for a very long time. For those of you ladies who experience this, will you share some tips? 

I know it is good to have an orgasm before sex or more foreplay, and that positions that allow for deeper penetration can set it off but oftentimes, we don’t know it will hurt until we are done and then I’m doubling over in pain. Other times, it happens midway through. 

In fertile week this cycle, I didn’t experience any pain at all. 

Can this affect implantation if the pain makes things inflame in there? 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: PCOS Sisters

• mcgeevamcgeeva member
    Lord I have no idea about any of this! I’ve never had any pain with my pcos when it comes to sex. Hm..I would think sex shouldn’t effect things up there. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I have pain (maybe due to cysts, but more likely due to muscle spasm and tightness), but no PCOS. I definitely have less pain near ovulation. The only thing that has worked for me are dialators, physical therapy for your lady parts (to treat vaginismus), and suppositories that help with the pain down there. Have you tried taking a bath before sex? Sometimes that helps me, but not sure if that would help with PCOS. There are definitely certain positions that are better, and you just need to figure out what those are for you. And slow is better... no rough play. Not sure about your other question on implantation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    @mcgeeva I was more wondering if the level of pain (since that can cause some inflammation up in there) can interfere with implantation because maybe the pain could cause the uterus to be less than hospitable. I’m probably overthinking it and worried for no reason. 

@scully127 What happens for me isn’t in the vagina. It’s up in my uterus and causes me to double over. Actually I read online earlier that a bath before sex is recommended. Maybe I should try that. It was just one of those in the moment things today and I didn’t know this time would hurt. Sigh 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake True, uterine pain is different. But I learned that everything is connected down there. For example, I had a tear in my hip socket and that caused problems for me in my lady parts even though they are different parts of the body. Maybe uterine pain is causing you to tense up in a way that is affecting other things? Again, I don’t know much, but just raising the question. 
  • That's possible @scully127 and I do see what you are saying. I did have some strong uterine cramps two days ago about two days after O so maybe it was already irritated in there from fertile week. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• mcgeevamcgeeva member
    I mean I definitely get super bloated and pains before o where everything hurts but figured that how you body acts before ovulation. It’s must not effect things since if your trying you do iui or whatever regardless to get pregnant even if it’s not comfortable. So I bet it doesn’t make A difference. Pains vs a good environment.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• tinjp78tinjp78 member
    @suzycupcake sorry to to hear you're going though this. I don't have PCOS but before my 7cm chocolate cyst was removed last Jan 2017, I used to have uncomfortable sex as well, I thought it was just normal but after it was removed, the pain was noticeably gone. Have you mentioned this pain to your RE? 
  • AngLunaAngLuna member
    This may be an obvious answer but have you had a Pelvic ultrasound or pelvic MRI? I have PCOS and my OB told me there's wasnt any need for an ultrasound because most women don't develop ovarian cysts with PCOS. This was at the very beginning of my diagnoses and I believed him since I didn't have symptoms either. Months later when getting a Hip MRI my orthopedic told me to see my OB right way since they found an 8CM cyst. Lesson learned...i will always be my own health advocate. 
  • I found out in 2016 from a second fertility doctor we saw to do more testing that I have a little bit of PCOS.