Infertility
Options

July 2018 FET

Re: July 2018 FET

• Options
    @Drove2u Seriously praying for some good news on your beta day.  I didn't test at all last cycle and my mind was playing tricks on me, cause I felt pregnant, allowed myself to believe I was pregnant, but it was all the hormones, baby!  My beta was like 0.3 something so definitely BFN.  I told myself I'd start testing this cycle, but then I get scared haha.  I'm 1dpt right now.  
  • Options
    Any coffee drinkers here?  Did y'all give it up completely or cut down?  I'm a nurse working on night shift, and about to go in tonight.  I usually have a cup of coffee to help me through, nothing crazy, only on nights I work.  Should I do it or just hold off?  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bebesparrow My RE told me to avoid caffeine all together. But I understand that may be tough in your situation. I dont know what the impact of caffeine is tho.
  • Options

lemondrop1976 I admire you for not POAS! Good for you.

bebesparrow thanks! Praying for you as well. I don’t feel anything or feel pregnant. I didn’t last time either though. And I’m terrified of having a MC because well, that has happened before. As far as coffee, I’ve been drinking it. And was drinking normally a cup a day even while pregnant and everything was fine. But I normally just drink one or two a day on a regular basis if I’m going through IF stuff or not. I love my lattes though!!

• Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited July 2018
    @kristimh80 Wooohooo Happy PASP!!!!! A week off for yourself is wonderful. Smile more, laugh much more and if you need to cry, let it out but keep it short :smiley: When I read that you had to re-do the transfer all over again because the embie stuck in the catheter, the first thing that came to my mind was, "woah that sure was one sticky embaby and would even be stickier as the days progress! "GL!

@dragonette505 thanks for lurking!!! I love the gif :smile: I hope everything is great on your side!

@babesparrow I've stopped drinking coffee as soon as I started doing ART, on my own decision. Dr.'s here don't say anything about food that I have to or don't have to eat. But many say that one cup of coffee a day would be fine. DH's opinion on this topic would be, the stress that goes with having to endure not eating or drinking what you want is more harmful. So, on this TWW, do the things that make you happier...the happiest, but of course while practicing some good common sense. You got this :wink:

@leilee101  Happy to see that you're good to go for Monday!!! That is soooo soon! I'm excited for you!!!

Thanks for the greetings, dolls!!! I always look forward seeing all your support as well as your updates. I feel like I have many friends' hands to hold during the tough days and see cheerful smiles on the good ones. 

Current location: Sapporo, Japan
  • Options
    @Drove2u Thank you!! FX tomorrow will bring better news all around for you. Maybe your little last time implanted earlier than this one. :) Not sure if I'll test or not. If I start getting any implantation signs, etc I may just out of curiosity. 

@bebesparrow I stopped drinking coffee a couple of days ago. Many gfs that have done transfers still have a cup a day at least and they've been fine and gone onto pregnancy. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @lemondrop1976 - I laughed out loud about the frozen burrito.

As for coffee, my doctor says one cup per day is fine. I feel like I'm extra sensitive to caffeine, so I try to stick with one half-caffeinated cup per day, but strong coffee is the best remedy I have against the PIO constipation. So I sometimes drink extra when the prune juice isn't cutting it. 

It's hard to keep up with this board, but I'm so excited for those who are near testing time! I'll be looking for updates! 
    38 years old, one blocked tube and probably endometriosis

2011-2014 - Many rounds of Clomid and medicated IUI's
    2014 - IVF - BFP! Son born 2015.
    August 2017 - FET #1 - Chemical
    November 2017 - FET #2 - Canceled
    January 2018 - FET #3 - Chemical
    August 2018 - FET #4 - BFN
    Moving on to domestic infant adoption!
  • Options
    suziev3suziev3 member
    edited July 2018
    So many posts!

@kristimh80 PUPO!  Congrats! I just started brazil nuts again and yep, I still don't really care for them. I am also doing pineapple, eating avocados and drinking pomegranate juice.
    @tinjp78 Thumbs up on your test.  FX for good numbers!
    @becca07024411 Why did you decide to start with untested ones, if you don't mind me asking?
    @Drove2uNo appointments for me until lining check on the 18th.   

So many ladies in the tww! I feel like my transfer is so far off and getting very impatient.  I was feeling headachey today and paranoid about my hormone levels.  I called my dr to see if he wanted me to come in for another e2 test to be sure but he said no.  

• Options
    @leilee101 yay for a Monday transfer!!!

@drove2u I hate the eye tricks on those tests.  Even when you do see a line it's hard to believe.  Hope your next test is clearer with a nice 2nd line.

@lemondrop1976 can you imagine if you had been pulled over and asked to get out of the car for some silly reason and a burrito and vile of PIO fell out.  Sorry, that would be hilarious but slightly hard to explain.  

@bebesparrow I'm not a coffee drinker, but a diet soda addict.  I've cut the soda out mostly for fear of all the chemicals and artificial sweeteners, but still drink one thing of tea a day.  From what I've read and heard from other friends that were pregnant, as long as you stay under 200mg caffeine a day you're good.  With my serving of daily tea I'm at 30mg.

@tinjp78 I'm looking forward to your next beta result.  Hope everything is progressing well.

@suziev3 Transfer will be here before you know it. 
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @suziev3 Okay, how do I explain…put in spoiler because it is kinda wordy.

This is all very hypothetical- well, we know we are not going to throw away any embryos, so if we were to possibly have any leftover that we would not use they would go to someone else (we have 2 non tested, 4 male, and one iffy quality female, so 7 total left).  I would rather the embryos that someone would potentially be adopting be one of our PGS tested embryos than the non PGS tested embryos.  Not that that means they will take, but I guess it has a better chance.  It would really stink for someone who has been on a waiting list for at least a year and very likely gone through ART themselves and paid lots of money to get them, potentially get an embryo that is abnormal and would not take.  Yeah, it would stink if this next FET didn’t work and possibly because of the embryo, but I think it would be way worse to be the other person.  I could continue with transfers with my embryos I still have, but that could potentially be their last shot.  Does that make sense?  All very hypothetical since we don’t even know if we would use them all or not at this point, just thinking ahead.  Originally I guess we just assumed we would start with our best quality tested embryo and if it worked, move on to the non PGS tested ones in the future.  I was thinking a lot about the ones we don’t know anything about and know I won’t stop thinking about them until we actually use them, so I decided to just go ahead and do it now!  Financially it makes sense since we have partial coverage now, and may not in the future, so if it doesn’t work we don’t have the added pressure of being 100% OOP and can take that risk.  Also, I like not knowing what gender they are going into the transfer.  Now I just have to make sure my RE is okay with it all.  They will be used by somebody at some point, so why not now.

• Options
    Okay, suitcase is packed for trip to Iowa for FET tomorrow yippee!!! DH is taking a half day today so we can be up there by dinner time and it's his birthday today so our "adopted Iowa parents" are making us (him) a birthday dinner - steak and homemade pie! Hope that's ok before transfer? Anyway, getting very excited now.

In seeing where everyone's from, feeling so much connected with all of you! I grew up about an hour and a half from San Jose, lived a decade in Orange County (near LA for those not familiar) and then @Chrysalis7 my clinic is in Des Moines so not far from you! Am so thankful for the support of so many on here, couldn't do it without you as there's no support group within an hour of me.

Okay, one last (I think?) stupid FET newbie question to put my mind at ease...for the prometrium, like how far up do you need to stick it for it to be absorbed correctly? I've been all oral meds so far so have no clue and am scared of messing something up for transfer. Again, love that we can feel comfortable asking anything in this group!

• Options
    kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited July 2018
    @Momifbysea Yay...so excited for you!! As for prometrium  put it as far as you can. It absorbs pretty quickly :) Your Cali days sound like my husbands. He was in the OC (Huntington) for around a decade as well and went to college in Santa Barbara. So many times, he'll mention going back...mainly for the beach! He has a potential job offer for southern Cali now, but will be surprised if he takes it. Have a good trip...your adopted parents seems so sweet!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    suziev3suziev3 member
    edited July 2018
    @becca07024411 That is an interesting perspective and one I had not heard before.  You sound like you have a really big heart.  In my first cycle I only had one so I didn't even have to debate what would happen to any additional ones. 
    @drove2u FX.  Keep us posted. It's early still!
  • Options
    Ladies, we left the PIO in the car for 9 hrs. It was very hot. I still took the shot but how problematic do you think this is?
  • Options
    Anyone else need to take the Enoxaparin Sodium (Lovenox) blood thinner shots along with the PIO? 
  • Options
    @lizy181 I personally think you should be ok, but may want to confirm with Pharmacy before tomorrow's shot.
  • Options
    @lizy181 Ditto what @lemondrop1976 I'd check with your pharmacy. 

@lemondrop1976 I don't take Lovenox, but I do take baby aspirin to help thin blood some. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Anyone every felt really cold in the TWW? Tonight, even with socks on and it being 93 degrees outside, I'm freezing! I'm tempted to put on sweatpants...seems so crazy in the middle of summer! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 Lucky you. I also take baby aspirin everyday on top of the blood thinner injections. These injections are painful because the med burns very much. 
  • Options
    @lemondrop1976 Ouch! Hate you have to take those, reminds me of the galirelix I had to take for ER. My dr never told me to take the baby aspirin, but she always tells me everything is 100% perfect etc, I just felt I needed something more...even if something so small. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 Maybe its because my age I have to take the blood thinner shots, idk. I'm going to be 42 in Sept. It is for extra prevention of MC but this is this first I heard of it.
  • Options
    @lemondrop1976 If it can help that...the pain is well worth it! :-) Meanwhile It's 90 degrees outside and I'm in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. All the sudden I'm freezing today and it's driving me crazy lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 I'm usually always cold but have been more on the warm side taking these meds. Could be a positive you are cold, seems like a "flu/ pregnant" symptom to me;) keep warm to remain implantation friendly!
  • Options
    @lemondrop1976 I hope you're right! I just made some hot tea to help. Meanwhile my husband thanks I'm hilarious right now. lol It's only been a day since transfer, so trying not too look into any symptoms yet...I just wanna be one of those miserable crampy girls so I know something happened :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    I’m getting anxiety the night before this! Will try and be calm, happy thoughts! Just feeling pressure since there’s only two chances and want to make sure I do/eat everything right! Aaahhh! Thanks for listening!!!
  • Options
    @Momifbysea Sending lots of happy thoughts for a great day tomorrow!!! Luckily, you're valium will help relax you and you might get a good nap after as well to help :) For me, transfer itself is super exciting and fun! They usually wheel me to the OR and place a big screen right above my belly so I can see in real time the action that's going on. Then they do a video loop of the transfer itself so if you want to video or take a photo of it. Plus they'll give you a pic of your little embryo! You've worked so hard to get to this day...I hope you enjoy it and it's fun for you! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Thanks @kristimh80! Will try and sleep now.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea - Sending good thoughts your way! Try not to stress too much... I really think it's mostly out of our hands at this point. Just do your best to stay distracted until it's time to get an answer.
    38 years old, one blocked tube and probably endometriosis

2011-2014 - Many rounds of Clomid and medicated IUI's
    2014 - IVF - BFP! Son born 2015.
    August 2017 - FET #1 - Chemical
    November 2017 - FET #2 - Canceled
    January 2018 - FET #3 - Chemical
    August 2018 - FET #4 - BFN
    Moving on to domestic infant adoption!
  • Options
    @Momifbysea GL on the transfer!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    @Momifbysea Happy Transfer Day!!! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 I wish I was chilled at night.  No experience there though.

@lemondrop1976 those shots sound horrible.  Sorry you have to take those.

@momifbysea Good Luck today!! All the happy positive vibes coming your way!

AFM: Appointment today to check lining and bloodwork.  Started my prednisone and Z-pack this morning which has my belly a little crampy, probably because I gave it so many pills this morning.  I might move my vitamins to my PM batch since I have to take the prednisone in the AM.  The dreaded PIO shots start back up tonight.  Not looking forward to it, my left side is still a little numb from our last round.  All worth it though.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your messages! I did manage a couple hours of sleep but I think just too excited!

@ChristenMA83 good luck at your lining check today! And still numb from last PIOs yikes! After 5 days of them and how the soreness keeps increasing I think I’m beginning to see why. But yes, so worth it.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea Good luck today!  Let us know how it goes. 
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    *lurking*

@tinjp78 YEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Congratulations!!!!! So, so happy for you! FX for great, doubling betas and a healthy 9 months!

@kristimh80 Congrats on your transfer! Feeling uncomfortably cold/chilled was one of my first pg symptoms, so I'm hoping with everything I've got that it's the same for you!!! GL!!!!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Thanks @suziev3! I’m feeling so ready! Five cycles to finally have the blessing of getting to this step and so grateful for the chance!
  • Options
    Back from the dock.  Lining is 11.9 type B at 5 days before our transfer.  Last time it was 9 at 8 days before our transfer....so I'm guessing maybe this is in line with last time.  Who knows.  As dangerous as it is I will be comparing everything to March's transfer.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    @Momifbysea Good luck on your transfer today!
  • Options

tinjp78 when is your next beta?

kristimh80 how are you doing? Have you tested yet? It’s still too early right?

suziev3 I hear you about getting impatient but really you only have a few more days! So that’s exciting!

becca07024411 I admire you for wanting to donate your embryos to someone in need. Me and DH had discussed this when we were signing over legal forms about what we will do with leftover embryos (if there are any) in different circumstances. We decided that if we our done making our family then we will donate them to research. I don’t think I could donate them to a couple since I would be wondering if my kid is running around somewhere and looking at childrens faces wondering if it is mine. They do ask what happens if you both die at the same time and in that case we decided to donate to someone.

Momifbysea yay for transfer! It’ll go great!

ChristenMA83 that’s an awesome lining!! Whoo hoo!!

AFM: I kinda get why some of you don’t test. Ha! Ive had pretty faint lines. A little darker this morning. I’m thinking I’m going through a chemical right now. Which sucks! I rather get a negative than wait for a chemical to resolve itself. Beta is tomorrow morning and will hear results in the afternoon. I can’t believe how bloated I am too from the progesterone. My goodness, I look 5 months preg. Lol.

• Options
    @Drove2u I understand your anxiety over the faint line, but the fact that's it's getting darker is promising.  I hope you have a strong beta number tomorrow!!
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    @tosh24 Thanks so much for letting me know that!! It's only 2dp4dt and last night and first thing this morning I was throwing on sweatpants, etc wondering what the heck is going on! It's early, so maybe still the meds messing with me, but you give me hope <3 I hope your doing well and everything is wonderful for you!! :-)

@ChristenMA83 I'd gladly give you these cold spells if I could. It's 95 outside today and I'm still in my sweatpants and fuzzy socks awaiting another cold front to come thru  LOL

@Drove2u YAY for lines getting darker!!! Good chance you didn't implant as early as you did with your 1st, so the HCG is taking it's time to double, so don't stress and enjoy you little lines :smiley: Only 2 days past transfer, so sticking to staying in "bliss" right now ;)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019