January 2019 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying 5/18

13»

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying 5/18

• Parenthood. When Amber gets into a car accident...Dh & I were so heartbroken thinking at a certain point, our DD might go and put herself in danger despite our desires to protect her so fiercely. Ugh
  • Loading the player...
  • libertymomrnlibertymomrn member
    edited September 2018
    Non-pregnant I hardly ever cry. I am a generally avery logical and non-emotional person. 

DH convinced me to watch Deadpool 2 with him, figuring that an action comedy would be fun. 

So, yes, I cried during Deadpool 2. During 2 different scenes. The first one I just got teary, but the scene towards the end that made me cry, I had tears running down my face and my nose got all stuffy and everything. 
  • AliKay20 said:
    Parenthood. When Amber gets into a car accident...Dh & I were so heartbroken thinking at a certain point, our DD might go and put herself in danger despite our desires to protect her so fiercely. Ugh
    Late reply, but.. I watched Parenthood when I was pregnant with DS. SO many tears, especially on that episode when her grandfather was like, "You are my dream.."
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• I cried when someone went home on The Great British Baking Show. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• @saltedcaramel518 me too this past weekend!  

Today I had lunch with a good friend I haven’t seen in a year or so since I was in NYC for work, which is where she lives. She’s a pediatric Nurse Practitioner, and used to work in labor and delivery. We had so many good conversations about how I’m feeling both with pregnancy and worries about labor and delivery and parenting. She made me feel so much better, but there were definitely a few moments of self reflection type conversations that totally had my publicly crying in Bryant Park. Felt sooo good to talk it all out though and have someone who has tons of good anecdotes make me realize I’m ok. 
  • @AliKay20 I never understood that either, but now that I'm pregnant and DS is still so little, I'm all emotional when I think about how he'll handle the change. I don't want him to feel like he's not my baby anymore or like I don't have time for him. I'm sure he'll do fine, but it's still emotional. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• We left for our babymoon and didn't bring our dogs with us,  who always travel with us and I was sobbing as we left. My cousin is staying at the house with them so I know they are safe and taken care of, but man I miss them.  I have no idea how bad i'll be when I have to leave our kid.  My H was saying I was making him get upset. 
  • @galactickates I know how you feel! Before DD, our Westie went everywhere w us. Since having DD, he goes on less trips w us :( just too much to handle depending on trips and I get so sad. 

I will say, it’s a different kind of hard when you leave your kid behind...like my work trip tomorrow for 3 nights without DD. I am trying to cherish every waking moment w her today bc after work tomorrow, I won’t be seeing her until Thursday! 

Try and enjoy your babymoon!! Your dogs will be loved & fed plenty! And when you all get back, just think of their tails wagging in excitement and you can get in all the cuddles then!
  • Thanks @AliKay20 :) I hope your work trip goes by quickly! My H keeps saying to just enjoy our trip and dogs don't grasp concepts of time but it's still so hard!
  • Non-pregnant I hardly ever cry. I am a generally avery logical and non-emotional person. 

DH convinced me to watch Deadpool 2 with him, figuring that an action comedy would be fun. 

So, yes, I cried during Deadpool 2. During 2 different scenes. The first one I just got teary, but the scene towards the end that made me cry, I had tears running down my face and my nose got all stuffy and everything. 
    Before pregnant I'd cry about stuff, but I definitely also cried while watching deadpool 2. When his wife, and then when you think he's dying. Terrible. I get teary eyed thinking about it even. I cried a week and a half ago at the State fair. My hubby, dd, fil and his wife and I were all on the ferris wheel. They didn't know I was pregnant, and I was sitting by my fil's wife who is,.... very overweight. I'm not super big on heights and haven't been on anything like that in years, and she kept adjusting. My hubby kept looking at me like what's wrong, and I told him I was nervous about being on the wheel and the heights, and he just kept staring at me, and she kept rocking it. Then my fil says something about this small little bars holding the car on the ride. Wtf. I couldn't stop crying. Hubby was half laughing half telling me to calm down. My in laws probably thought I was nuts because I cried for a good 2 min. 
  • I did daycare drop off for the first time for DD (15 mo) today and cried like a baby all the way home. She red in the face crying and reaching for me when I left.

To make matters worse I have all the Mom guilt because I'm not even going to work today. I just had cleaners coming to the house and a lot of work and chores to get done. Gah!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19