October 2018 Moms
Options

The Circumcision Thread

13»

Re: The Circumcision Thread

• Options
    LuccieLuccie member
    There is scientific support for your beliefs. Uncir'ed men are more likely to contract infections and STDs after exposure. That fact alone is reason enough me to do it. 

It is not merely "cultural" or habit. There are MANY research studies that show that men are less likely to contract infections and STI's if they are circumcised. I wouldn't feel right taking that chance. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 for the win!
  • Options
    @HoosOnFirst I just got done with the podcast and how she said HIV made my eye twitch. H-eich I V maybe this should go in UO.lol.
    I was expecting different things from the podcast but with the discredited info about UTI's previous in this thread and other non confirmed sources saying it does decrease it but only like .001% it was interesting to listen to. 
  • Options
    @HoosOnFirst I just got done with the podcast and how she said HIV made my eye twitch. H-eich I V maybe this should go in UO.lol.
    I was expecting different things from the podcast but with the discredited info about UTI's previous in this thread and other non confirmed sources saying it does decrease it but only like .001% it was interesting to listen to. 
    Ha yes, the host is from New Zealand so it takes getting used to!
  • Options
    I was fine with the accent and how she spoke but just that one thing was driving me crazy! 
  • Options
    Just found out we are having a boy. He will be circumcised.  Husband isn't and wishes he was, plus he was self conscious in the gym room.
  • Options
    We also just found out we are having a boy, so I appreciate all of this information! Ultimately, I am leaving it up to DH as many of you have also said, but we have talked about all of this information you have posted so thank you! We have decided we will circumcise since DH is and he wants his son to be the same. Now I just need to ask the doctor at one of our next appointments who usually does it (never thought about this until reading this thread), and ask our pediatritian about everything when we meet with them in August. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    So, this was weird.  Apparently, Mom has started trotting out the pregnancy horror stories.  Yay.  

I was talking to my Mom last night about drafting my birth plan, and circumcision came up.  I told her if Blast is a boy, I’m not getting him circumcised.  In addition to questioning my decision (thank goodness for this thread and other research, I knew what to say), she told me about my older brother’s circumcision.  

Apparently, it was done without asking their preference/consent (42 years ago- things were very different), immediately after he was born with her in the room.  I can’t even.  
  • Options
    I have a good friend who is a urologist. She said her only advice was to take him to a pediatric urologist if we planned to do it. She said I would be shocked at the number of times the OB effs it up. We opted against it for our A15, and this one is a girl. We have had absolutely zero problems with our almost 3 year old not being circumcised. 
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested