Infertility

Do I release my eggs too late?!

Hi! I am doing my first IUI (intrauterine insemination), naturally. On cD10, I had 1 follicle 14mm. Today, CD12, it’s grown to 20mm (endometrial lining 10cm)... they said “you’ll be O’ing any day now,” but my LH actually went down from 8 to 6! Should I ask for a trigger shot and then do the IUI (intrauterine insemination) in 36 hours? Is it possible I’m not getting pregnant because the egg is too “old” by the time by body releases it by LH surge? I usually don’t O until CD 16-18

Re: Do I release my eggs too late?!

• @mzl1 Call you office ASAP and ask. If were me, I'd probably ask for a trigger shot to be on the safe side since you aren't on meds for your IUI and your main follicle is mature. That way you know within that 36 hr window everythig is good to go and won't 2nd guess it :blush:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• mzl1mzl1 member
    Thanks- they told me to trigger now and come back for IUI in 16 hours
  • Loading the player...
  • I know triggering seems scary but it isn’t all that bad once you do it once. Makes it easier to time, but it is a hassle to get the ovidrel shot. 
  • mzl1mzl1 member
    Thank you. I was scared to do it, but it went okay. I am a little worried IUI 16 hours post trigger will be too soon, but it’ll be a fresh not frozen sample, so maybe they’re thinking it’ll last longer?
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    @mzl1 Did you ask them why they have chosen 16 hours vs 24 or 36? Perhaps since it's already at 20, they don't want to go over 22mm. And no, your egg doesn't age for what you're asking about. When we are born, we are born with all of the eggs we will ever have so technically, all of our eggs are 'old' ;)
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• mzl1mzl1 member
    They are doing 16 because DH and I can’t go tomorrow, and when I brought Up fri as an option instead, the nurse said it was unlikely we’d be able to wait that long given how the follicle looked. (Opk still neg)
  • mzl1mzl1 member
    This morning, 14 hours after my injection, I definitely had the darkest, 2X positive Opk. I didn’t know the injection worked that quickly (meaning, that it built up into high blood levels that quickly after subQ injection)
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    Oh yes, it does. It gives very strong positives too. So one thing you'll want to know is that the trigger shot will also give you positive hpt for a little while because the trigger is hcg. A lot of ladies test with cheapies every day as a means to 'test out' the trigger. That way, if they do get a positive after they test it out, they'll know it's a true positive. I didn't know that my first treatment cycle lol

I'm assuming you already did your iui. How did it go?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN