January 2019 Moms

Weekly Questions week of 5/13/18

Beyonce wants to know, what are your questions this week?

Re: Weekly Questions week of 5/13/18

• AngheatAngheat member
    I've been experiencing a tingling sensation all over my body when I wake from naps or in the morning. Almost feels like tiny little needles poking me. It's so uncomfortable. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Angheat huh... never heard of that... maybe something to do with bloodflow? Like that sounds like how I feel when I feel dizzy
  • Loading the player...
  • I only have one question.... what are y'all taking/doing/eating around your morning/all day sickness.... the thought of food hurts, and even my cold cereal failed me this morning :(

• @dragonette505 I've been eating a slice of sour dough toast with butter,  if I'm lucky also a glass of apple juice.  Something about that combo really helps.  I also just got the preggy pops and I'm hoping those will help. 
  • Ritz crackers and orange juice. First thing in my stomach every day. Also my go to later in the day which is when I typically feel nauseous. i literally slip two crackers down, then sip on the juice. Such a cruel thing. I've found I just can't let my tummy get too empty or this takes effect:

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    Granola bars and peanut butter crackers. And chips!
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @dragonette505 Ginger ale and saltines always seem to work for me. I sip and munch those throughout the day. I second @catlady2015. I think it's more about just keeping something in your stomach all day, so anything you can manage to eat will help. 
  • katethemom  ugh... couldn't deal with the ginger ale (or coke) 
    emmaaa chips failed me starting yesterday (though I was eating them twice a day before)
    catlady2015 I'm keeping things to nibble, but no sooner I eat a thing it is now a no no 
    galactickates    I had to hold my nose to eat toast yesterday ( I love toast!) but I did order some tummy drops so hopefully it helps!
    Not trying to be a problem child.... (tw) though in my 4 pg's (they ended in mc) any of the times I had MS I had hyperemesis gravidarum and literally the thought of food HURTS... I'm hoping to figure something different this time... I also have Celiacs (gluten free) and other food allergies, so the pool of things I can eat is already reduced. 
    So yall keep the suggestions rolling... someone is going to mention something I haven't tried and hopefully it will work/help!
    I'm extremely jealous of all the people with cravings

• Yeah... so about those preggie pops... they don't $hit
  • @dragonette505 Have you ever tried ginger and lemon tea? I am also really struggling with the nausea and have major food aversions so my food options are limited. I’m trying that right now in hopes it will give me a little relief or take the edge off. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @beachmama14 yep... I’ve got some cooling on my desk right now (having hot drink aversions too). I don’t know if it helps, but I tried it last time so I’ll try again. 
  • Yeah... so about those preggie pops... they don't $hit
    Ugh! I’ll let you know about the tummy drops, though I bet they are the same damn thing 
  • You know what did help.... little cookies someone brought in. fml not a solution
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    @dragonette505 Have you tried Perrier? I don't drink pop because of the sugar so I always keep a case of the little cans of Perrier around for when my tummy is upset. I like the lime ones, they're refreshing. I have also contemplated getting the plain ones and mixing a bit with some cold ginger or fennel tea (I find ginger gives me a headache sometimes, though). Other than that,  I'm just either not eating or forcing myself to eat things that initially make me gag. I find once I'm chewing it, it's not quite as bad as I thought (except if it's chicken....so gross right now). If you're teetering on the verge of HG though,  that might not work for you! I'm also breaking my no sugar rule and sucking on some sour keys or sour patch kids if I feel really bad. Sour seems to help for some reason. Also have a bunch of lemon water in the fridge. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @dragonette505@galactickatesI'm gonna share the little bit I know on MS suggestions with the caveat that I have little personal experience. I know that TTGP grad @adirat has been cursed with HG so maybe she has some next level suggestions. 

Every night I take Benadryl, and every morning I take a B6. I take these because of terrible allergies and my MTHFR mutation, respectively. One night last week my allergies didn't seem bad, so I didn't take the Benadryl. The next morning was the only morning where I've felt something that could have been MS. I was eating breakfast (egg whites and polenta) and thought I might throw up and ran into the bathroom - I didn't vomit. I did find that a preggie pop helped, as well as just sitting down with some seabands on (had these items left over from my last pregnancy). Now, it's possible that nausea wasn't MS. But it's also possible that the old home remedy of Benadryl and B6 is helping. I don't have a good way to know but I thought I'd throw it out there. I think as with everything, check with your dr, but both are generally considered safe during pregnancy. 

Also, @dragonette505, if you are getting HG/prone to it, if it were me I'd ask for the Zofran and use it as needed. I know there was one bad study on it, but I think there are more that show it is fine. There may also be other meds I'm not familiar with that will help. I know it's hard once you're nauseous but allegedly eating some protein helps. So maybe keep some string cheese or something on hand? I wish I could speak from more experience. 
  • @dragonette505 I tried the preg pops but they made me so burpy! Instead, I find if I suck on Mike & Ike’s that helps a bit. I also force down saltines and applesauce. I’m not sure if you have issues when brushing your teeth, but I found if I stop at 90 seconds (Soniccare timer) I dry heave the least amount! 
  • tosh24  right now I'm not worried about heathy foods... (except my food allergies of course) I haven't had soda in probably 10 years, but I tried this morning... I definitely tried seltzer, but I ended up with lots of bubbles I (sorry tmi) vomited back up. Thursday and Friday I lived off of plantain chips and sour cream (only thing that sounded good) so while that's awful, at least I ate it. lol
    zamora_spin I couldn't find my old sea bands, so I ordered some more with the tummy drops I ordered (didn't even make it to work without checking 4 drug stores for sea bands). I take b complex already plus some extra because the b's always do me right. Last time the doc prescribed diclegis, but I never brought myself to take it (though there was some comfort knowing the bottle was there, if that makes any sense. and then (tw) I mc'd so it was a moot point :/
    alexandraseattle whats mike and ikes? I haven't tried that! For a minute I thought you said sardines and applesauce! And that didn't sound awful! I will try apple sauce this evening (though I was only able to nibble on 2 apple wedges today...I know texture matters). Also, I find it hard to brush my teeth for sure! And take a shower... anything hot is like...just no....
  • Any advice for dentist appts while prego?  I gag when I brush my teeth every day, but I have a dental cleaning on Saturday.  Worried I might spontaneously vomit all over the dentist! ARGH!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @dragonette505 I totally forgot about this until I was thinking of solutions for you. Last time I sucked on these ginger mints from either Trader Joes or Whole Foods. Whole Foods also has ginger candy, which wasn't delicious but helped. I also had to eat small things frequently and keep SOMEthing in my belly so I didn't get queasy.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Anybody have experience with having an SCH? 

I had some sudden heavy bleeding yesterday. Went into for an ultrasound today expecting the worst, to be told it’s a hematoma. She said I need to take it easy, no vigorous excercise, nothing in the vag, etc.   

She said it can either resolve on it’s own or cause a miscarriage, so I feel like a ticking time bomb right now. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any advice for dentist appts while prego?  I gag when I brush my teeth every day, but I have a dental cleaning on Saturday.  Worried I might spontaneously vomit all over the dentist! ARGH!
    I used to work in dental less than a year ago. It's a very common thing and hygienists and dentists deal with it atleast on a weekly basis. When you go in just let them know you're pregnant and that you may be queasy. If you have to reschedule because of it that's never been an issue with my offices I worked in. As long as you're upfront and show that you are trying they should be understanding. If you have to have any fillings etc you will need to get your OB to send them a correspondence letter about what anethestics they can use. Hope that helps.
  • @julesf817 I had a SCH with DS and I’m with you, it was terrifying. I was kept on “light duty” and no sex until my 20 week scan when they said they would reassess. 

I went on to have a beautiful, healthy, wonderful little boy who came at 41 weeks. I wholeheartedly hope the same for you. 

Lots of love and hugs to you. 
  • @julesf817 I had a SCH with DS and I’m with you, it was terrifying. I was kept on “light duty” and no sex until my 20 week scan when they said they would reassess. 

I went on to have a beautiful, healthy, wonderful little boy who came at 41 weeks. I wholeheartedly hope the same for you. 

Lots of love and hugs to you. 
    Thank you so much! It was a long and scary wait for sure. I’m trying to stay positive!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @julesf817 I had a SCH with this pregnancy. It was rather large (though I didn’t bleed) and it actually reabsorbed almost fully within a week. My OB also told me that SCH only cause minimal risks to a pregnancy (though I know the risk can be a little higher if it’s closer to baby / above).

@dragonette505 JOLLY RANCHERS! I would suck on them whenever I was nauseas with DD and it made such a crazy difference. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• I legit gagged on the hard candy... but I think I’m having problems with sweet stuff... I did try the hard candy, apple sauce, and a bunch of others...
    i felt so bad seeing the look of horror on my husbands face as I was sprawled on the bedroom floor vomiting (plus he had to clean it!! Lol)
    Also hella dehydrated... 
    only able to drink two large glasses of water today (more that yesterday)

@sweetyjenj I actually have those gingers (I cook with them!) May try that
    @julesf817 no experience, but so hoping yours clears!!! 

• @dragonette505 Oh man! I only skimmed above but have you called your OB? At this point I would definitely suggest trying meds! I’m so sorry your MS is so bad!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• @BitterBetty12 I’ll see her Thursday so I’ll tell her then...
    I keep being glad at least I’m having symptoms, but this is rough...
  • @dragonette505 it’s so weird being thankful for feeling so awful but I totally get those feelings. Hopefully once Thursday comes you can get some relief!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Dragonnette505 my cousin had hyperemesis with all 5 of her children she ended up having her tubes tied because her doctor told her that with every pregnancy it would just get worse. her youngest is 3 now.
    (Me)
    (32)
    Jonathan Hunter (Adopted)
    (2-27-10)
    TTC #1

• @green_olive I totally understand! I feel like crazy things are happening to me but I'm starting to get used to having weird symptoms lol
  • green_olivegreen_olive member
    edited May 2018
    @nottodaysatan Thank you :) So glad to hear I’m not alone. I’m sure big nipples are just the tip of the iceberg...lol
  • @green_olive oh yeah. This is my first and I'm already preparing for more crazy. Lol
  • olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited May 2018
    So I have a girlfriend who has been TTC for years. She is literally at her fertility doc every other day. I have had a loss but can’t say I’ve ever really struggled with TTC. I would really love suggestions on the best and least painful way to tell her I’m pregnant either from someone who has struggled with infertility or has also had to tell someone they are pregnant knowing the news would be hard for the other person to hear. I want to be really sensitive about it bc I know it will be painful for her, and I don’t really want her to hear it through someone else either. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @olivemomma I would make time to see or call her when you can have a lengthy chat.  I had to tell a friend of mine who also had been ttc for years and she didn't take it well. I don't think I would have changed anything I did differently but I wish I was prepared for how upset she was at me and at the situation. I gave her lots of space to process after and waited for her to be okay to talk to me. Be prepared she may not be happy for you right away. Ideally a good friend isn't made at you,  but my friend was as she was struggling with some serious ttc depression. 
  • @olivemomma I have to have this convo with a good friend of mine, too. My friend IS pregnant now, though, but it took them a few years and lots of anxiety, depressive feelings, grief, etc. I'm hoping that it'll be easier since she is pregnant, but she knows we weren't going to start trying until August and I got pregnant early, which might be triggering. I plan to tell her over text and let her have some time/space to process.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19