January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 5/12

The place all the random crap goes for the weekend of 5/12-5/13.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: Weekend Randoms 5/12

• Options
    I have zero plans today. I'm hoping my husband cleans my house as my mothers day gift. I will be binge watching Leah Remini's Scientology show on Hulu and probably napping and bumping. As long as there are people here to talk to anyway. 
    I'm currently helping the 4yo learn how to write his last name. He has this anxiety thing where if he doesn't think it's going to be perfect he doesn't want to attempt it. He wants to learn but he's already a perfectionist so it's hard for him to just accept that at age 4 he doesn't have perfect handwriting and drawing skills. It hurts my heart a little. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee Aww. I’ve had some students like that and that’s a tough situation. Maybe try getting a dry erase board with the primary lines on it so he has lines as a guide. I’ve seen them at Dollar Tree. I’ve also done highlighter help where I write it in highlighter and they trace over it. 

DH is looking for a new job and he’s a little grumpy about it. He’s been at his job for almost 10 years and it’s a dead end. Looong story but I resigned from my current teaching job (effective after school is out so I’m finishing the year) and I’m looking for other opportunities. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm at a vendor event today. I haven't had a ton of symptoms yet but I should have picked a spot farther away from all the "smelly" stands. But at least every time I walk to the restroom I feel better with the fresh air. So at least the excessive peeing is serving a purpose today!

Me (25) DH (33), Married 10-29-11

TTC since May 2012

9/13 BW suggests irregular/no ovulation

9/13, First cycle clomid =BFN

10/13, HSG =  Everything normal

10/13,  clomid #2= BFP on 11-4-13, EDD 7-8-14,  MC 11-11-13

Surprise BFP on 1-11-14, EDD 9-18-14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sparkymcgeee Your weekend sounds like my dream. I stupidly made plans for everyday this weekend and I have so many regrets right now. 

@sfgiantsgamerbabe FX on the job hunt for you and H!

I had a two year olds birthday party to go to today and man I am WIPED OUT. It was just me and DD and she’s a super mobile 10.5 month old who wants to explore so I spent 4 hours just chasing her around. On top of the 2.5 hours of driving. She had a lot of fun crawling after the older kids in the yard though. And a ton of fun on this slide / swing combo set they have. I think I’m going to get it for her birthday!

Tomorrow I have a mother’s day lunch with my mom, Aunts, cousins, and grandmother. My aunts already suspect I’m pregnant because I didn’t drink on our wine night a couple of weeks ago when I was like 4 weeks pregnant. And I won’t be drinking again tomorrow. So this will be fun.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @BitterBetty12  My brother asked me why I wasn’t drinking at our weekly dinner date last week.  I told him I couldn’t because I was driving to work right after. Pretty sure that excuse will only work a couple more times before he catches on.  Alcohol ruins every secret! 

I finally told the H that I’m pregnant.  He was a lot more excited than I thought he would be. It’s all he’s talked about the whole day.  He’s also shocked that I kept it a secret for two weeks. He thinks the timing is perfect, too, since I don’t work winters anyway. 
  • Options
    Rained ruined my gardening (really, weeding) plans this morning.  Instead, I'm sitting out on the balcony, reading, bumping, and listening to the rain and birds.  Such a relaxing start to the day! 

The only thing missing is coffee.  I didn't give it up on purpose, but drip coffee has sadly been really unappealing lately. 

• Options
    babs02babs02 member
    We had DD’s first birthday party yesterday. About 2 hours before the party I was cramping pretty bad and my back was killing me. Luckily it all calmed down as everyone got there. My SIL brought one of her friends and her 2 kids who I specifically asked DH not to invite, she just rubs me the wrong way, my stepmom had my back and told me about all the snarky comments she was making. 

Last night our AC went out luckily it was cool enough for us to open up the windows but now we’re heading out to my in laws since it was already getting warm in our house (80 and climbing at 11am) we rent and the repair man cant get there until tomorrow. Tonight’s gonna be real fun. 
  • Options
    @babs02 our air isn’t working right now either. It’s brutal but thankfully nowhere near as hot here!!

@galactickates The gazebo looks great and what an adorable announcement!

I just got back from my Aunts for our Mother’s Day lunch. Nausea hit me again today but thankfully it seems to be the worst while I’m driving so I was fine there. I avoided all alcohol but my one Aunt offered it to me several times. Thankfully she didn’t question me about it like she did two weeks ago!

I am exhausted though. I took an hour long nap with DD earlier and now I wish I could take another. Hoping she’ll play nicely while I relax.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @sparkymcgeee I work as a marriage and family therapist and work heavily with young kids. I've worked through a lot of perfectionism and anxiety in young kids. I would target the underlying fear of making mistakes overall and make a game of the task. It'll help a lot if you model it, then purposefully make mistakes and model appropriate ways of dealing with it. "Oops, that's ok." or laugh and say "oh, that's too small, I'll try again.." etc. and also start small, with just lines or coloring with crayons or shapes, etc. There's also social stories about trying, despite not quite knowing yet, and that focus on the learning aspect. When we don't do it right the first time, we can practice more times to make it better (try to avoid using the words fail, wrong, etc) and make it NBD if he makes mistakes. The goal is to get him to even practice, not get things right, so praise him even if he gets a letter half done. Then, you can start to target doing things correctly.

I told my mom/sister/brother today that I'm pregnant! That was fun, but we won't be telling anyone else until probably 10-12 weeks.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19